ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL to suspend Jameis Winston for alleged Uber groping incident

TenerHallTerror

Oct 18, 2016
guy seemed like he was all class:

LINK

The NFL opened its investigation into Winston after learning of an alleged incident at a drive-thru Mexican restaurant in Scottsdale, Ariz. when Winston reportedly grabbed the crotch of Kate, a female Uber driver who chose to withhold her last name due to fear of backlash. The initial Buzzfeed report includes Kate’s rundown of the incident after picking him up at 2 a.m. on March 13, 2016.

Waiting in line at the drive-thru of Los Betos Mexican Food, “he reached over and he just grabbed my crotch,” Kate said, alleging that Winston held his hand there for three to five seconds and removed it only after she looked up in shock and said, “What’s up with that?”

“I wasn’t just creeped out,” said Kate, who had been driving with Uber for more than two years at that point. (She no longer drives for the service.) “I was frozen.” She described Winston as “very physically imposing.”

The driver also accused Winston of shouting homophobic slurs at pedestrians. She reportedly filed a complaint with Uber soon after the ride, ending it by saying “He is NOT safe for other drivers.”

I don't doubt it did something stupid here, but there has to be more to the story.

I question why it takes the NFL so looong to come to these decisions. this allegedly happened in March of 2016, its June of 2018, why the delay?

guy seemed like he was all class:

LINK

The NFL opened its investigation into Winston after learning of an alleged incident at a drive-thru Mexican restaurant in Scottsdale, Ariz. when Winston reportedly grabbed the crotch of Kate, a female Uber driver who chose to withhold her last name due to fear of backlash. The initial Buzzfeed report includes Kate’s rundown of the incident after picking him up at 2 a.m. on March 13, 2016.

Waiting in line at the drive-thru of Los Betos Mexican Food, “he reached over and he just grabbed my crotch,” Kate said, alleging that Winston held his hand there for three to five seconds and removed it only after she looked up in shock and said, “What’s up with that?”

“I wasn’t just creeped out,” said Kate, who had been driving with Uber for more than two years at that point. (She no longer drives for the service.) “I was frozen.” She described Winston as “very physically imposing.”

The driver also accused Winston of shouting homophobic slurs at pedestrians. She reportedly filed a complaint with Uber soon after the ride, ending it by saying “He is NOT safe for other drivers.”

Well....never mind; that fruit is just too low.

I question why it takes the NFL so looong to come to these decisions. this allegedly happened in March of 2016, its June of 2018, why the delay?

I think Winston is complete scum, but I don’t know if Winston has even been charged with a crime for this incident, let alone convicted.

It doesn’t seem to be a good idea for the NFL to be in the business of doing their own criminal investigations apart from the justice system.

Reactions: sarasotan
I don't doubt it did something stupid here, but there has to be more to the story.

There doesn’t have to be more to the story. I never would have even considered drafting the guy. He’s a bad dude, and not in that Jack Lambert way.

I think Winston is complete scum, but I don’t know if Winston has even been charged with a crime for this incident, let alone convicted.

It doesn’t seem to be a good idea for the NFL to be in the business of doing their own criminal investigations apart from the justice system.
Charged? I am not sure it was ever reported to the police! ( I know I read that this am, but cant find the article now). It was reported to Uber, that's all.

I found this...
The driver has not gone to police and has not filed a lawsuit against him because she wants to remain anonymous, she said.

Earlier, Winston's spokesperson Russell Spielman said that Kate could not identify the person who allegedly touched her and suggested that the only reason she named the NFL quarterback was because his Uber account was used to call the ride.

In the immediate aftermath of Kate’s alleged interaction with Winston, she filed a report with Uber claiming that the NFL player ‘put his fingers’ on her crotch and declared that he was ‘NOT safe for other drivers.’

The company urged Kate to go to the police – which she did not do for fear of retribution – and eventually removed Jameis Winston’s account from the ride-sharing app.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nston-investigated-Uber-driver-s-groping.html

Last edited:
If we use related incidents as a guide, the Buccaneers should FIRE. WINSTON. :eek: without hesitation. That's how this works in other industries.

Reactions: BBrown and cment
The article states "alleged" misconduct. So how is a player to defend himself against anything? What kind of suspension would Roethlisberger have gotten in 2010 if the policy had been in place?

Charged? I am not sure it was ever reported to the police! ( I know I read that this am, but cant find the article now). It was reported to Uber, that's all.

I found this...
The driver has not gone to police and has not filed a lawsuit against him because she wants to remain anonymous, she said.

Earlier, Winston's spokesperson Russell Spielman said that Kate could not identify the person who allegedly touched her and suggested that the only reason she named the NFL quarterback was because his Uber account was used to call the ride.

In the immediate aftermath of Kate’s alleged interaction with Winston, she filed a report with Uber claiming that the NFL player ‘put his fingers’ on her crotch and declared that he was ‘NOT safe for other drivers.’

The company urged Kate to go to the police – which she did not do for fear of retribution – and eventually removed Jameis Winston’s account from the ride-sharing app.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nston-investigated-Uber-driver-s-groping.html

That’s some classic spin-doctoring

The article states "alleged" misconduct. So how is a player to defend himself against anything? What kind of suspension would Roethlisberger have gotten in 2010 if the policy had been in place?
Big Ben was suspended for 6 games.

Big Ben was suspended for 6 games.

It was reduced to four, but that further proves my point that the personal conduct policy is bullshit. Ben was never convicted of a crime. And if the NFL feels they have the right to suspend someone for getting drunk and engaging in premarital sex, they probably could suspend 90% of the league.

Seems we might have some experience in this...:rolleyes::mad:

It was reduced to four, but that further proves my point that the personal conduct policy is bullshit. Ben was never convicted of a crime. And if the NFL feels they have the right to suspend someone for getting drunk and engaging in premarital sex, they probably could suspend 90% of the league.
Working for the NFL is a privilege, not a right. Ben has to be convicted of a crime to lose his RIGHT to freedom. He does not need to be convicted of a crime to lose the privilege to play in the NFL.

Why not? It's their league and it is considered a privilege to play in it. Where does it say a player can only be disciplined if they are convicted of a crime?

People have been fired from jobs or resigned based lesser allegations. I don't think any of the high profile firings or resignations over the past year occurred after the person was convicted criminally. In any other business, Winston would likely have been fired altogether based on the allegation if it was reported to the owner of the business. Having somebody work for you who has been accused of grabbing women's crotches is a risky business. I would imagine there would be some exposure to the employer if the employee does grabs a woman's crotch at work if the employer had knowledge of the prior allegations.

The NFL has a strong union that can challenge these type of suspensions if the the suspension lacks a sufficient basis. Once again, working and earning an NFL paycheck is a privilege and you do not have to be criminally convicted to lose that privilege.

Why not? It's their league and it is considered a privilege to play in it. Where does it say a player can only be disciplined if they are convicted of a crime?

Working for the NFL is a privilege, not a right. Ben has to be convicted of a crime to lose his RIGHT to freedom. He does not need to be convicted of a crime to lose the privilege to play in the NFL.

Problem is whether a player gets suspended or not, and likewise how severe that suspension is, could be highly dependent on the level of media hysteria.

Reactions: bison13
Chris Godwin on the suspension .....
Thursday’s news of a three-game suspension for quarterback Jameis Winston leaves the Buccaneers in position to start a backup quarterback in the opening weeks of the 2018 season.

The presumed No. 2 is Ryan Fitzpatrick, who re-signed with the Bucs this offseason after starting three games while Winston was injured in 2017, with Ryan Griffin in the No. 3 spot on the depth chart. Wide receiver Chris Godwin called both players “really smart guys” on Sirius XM NFL Radio on Thursday and said that the team has faith in either one of them to get the job done while Winston is out.

“I’m really just hearing about it myself, I’m not really sure of the details of that situation,” Godwin said. “But on our team, we have a next man up mentality. We have a ton of faith in Fitz and Ryan Griffin and all of our quarterbacks that whoever is in there we’re going to be able to utilize our playmakers and really get the ball moving. Obviously, you don’t wish that on anybody, but we’re looking forward to the opportunity that we have ahead of building through training camp and putting a great product on the field.”

There was some talk last year that Griffin would wind up moving ahead of Fitzpatrick on the depth chart before a shoulder injury in training camp put Griffin on the shelf. Another competition might have been in order for this summer, but it may be a stretch to think the Bucs slot Griffin, who has never thrown a regular season pass, ahead of Fitzpatrick under these circumstances.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...e-faith-in-ryan-fitzpatrick-and-ryan-griffin/

DIdnt he get in trouble at Free Shoes U for getting on a table and yelling "f her in the p?"

Reactions: Bobpsu
DIdnt he get in trouble at Free Shoes U for getting on a table and yelling "f her in the p?"
Yes, he did it at the student union right before the Clemson game. He was suspended for the game, and FSU still won with our backup QB.

As most of you know, JW has a history of immature/inappropriate behavior, so there is a good chance he did this (there were two others in the car who said it was not him in the front seat). I thought when he got to the NFL, he would grow up, but that still has not happened. He still makes questionable decisions on the field as well.

Reactions: bison13

Um, well he wasn’t charged because he paid her off and she didn’t pursue the charges.

Yes, he did it at the student union right before the Clemson game. He was suspended for the game, and FSU still won with our backup QB.

As most of you know, JW has a history of immature/inappropriate behavior, so there is a good chance he did this (there were two others in the car who said it was not him in the front seat). I thought when he got to the NFL, he would grow up, but that still has not happened. He still makes questionable decisions on the field as well.
He is a PUNK!

Well done, well done!

I watched Animal House twice a couple of days ago. I envision Jameis starting a food fight just like Bluto after his outburst.
Only people with serious problems would watch it twice! Ha, I watched it three days in a row when it came out in the theaters. If not for this movie, I would have never attended college. Seriously, remember that commercial in the 70's showing how many books you had to read to graduate? That was daunting!
Thanks, MISTER mrtailgate!
ae9021608059c4c4b438acd6e029f375.jpg

Only people with serious problems would watch it twice! Ha, I watched it three days in a row when it came out in the theaters. If not for this movie, I would have never attended college. Seriously, remember that commercial in the 70's showing how many books you had to read to graduate? That was daunting!
Thanks, MISTER mrtailgate!
ae9021608059c4c4b438acd6e029f375.jpg

I always watch it hoping the Devil gets through to Pinto. I was at PSU when it came out - for that year, togas were the norm on weekends at fraternities. I always went hoping Otis Day and the Nights turned up.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
I always watch it hoping the Devil gets through to Pinto. I was at PSU when it came out - for that year, togas were the norm on weekends at fraternities. I always went hoping Otis Day and the Nights turned up.
LOL! I owe that guy sitting on Pinto’s shoulder rent money, gambling losses, bar tabs and other niceties. I always do whatever he says!

This should not surprise anybody. He allegedly raped a young lady at Florida State. He was protected by those in power because of his football skills. The guy should have been dismissed from the campus and prosecuted and do some hard time. CHARACTER?????? POS

The NFL does not get it. They continue to push people away, along with cement the stance of the viewership that has left. This decision should have been made long ago. Why now?

You forgot to say CRIMINAL behavior and he was protected.

You forgot to say CRIMINAL behavior and he was protected.
Wow, you really want to go there, given what happened at your school! BTW, the alleged rape occurred while JW was redshirting and had not played a down at FSU. The allegations were investigated by the State Attorneys office and there was not enough evidence to charge him.

Wow, you really want to go there, given what happened at your school! BTW, the alleged rape occurred while JW was redshirting and had not played a down at FSU. The allegations were investigated by the State Attorneys office and there was not enough evidence to charge him.

The only people who believe the popular story of what happened at PSU are those with an agenda and those who aren't very bright. Which camp are you in?

The only people who believe the popular story of what happened at PSU are those with an agenda and those who aren't very bright. Which camp are you in?
I'm in the "I gather as much information and read the reports that are available, and draw my own conclusion" camp. If you want to think that me and the other millions like me have an agenda or are not very bright, then go for it. For the record, I had no agenda against PSU, and was sad that it happened, especially for you fans that had nothing to do with it. However, you are obviously still in denial. We have certainly had our issues at FSU, and I am not going to try to pretend otherwise. I still chuckle when someone calls us Free Shoes University (like one of the posters on this thread), because it happened over 30 years ago.

Reactions: WHCANole
I'm in the "I gather as much information and read the reports that are available, and draw my own conclusion" camp. If you want to think that me and the other millions like me have an agenda or are not very bright, then go for it. For the record, I had no agenda against PSU, and was sad that it happened, especially for you fans that had nothing to do with it. However, you are obviously still in denial. We have certainly had our issues at FSU, and I am not going to try to pretend otherwise. I still chuckle when someone calls us Free Shoes University (like one of the posters on this thread), because it happened over 30 years ago.

Got it. Not very bright. Good luck with that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT