ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Looking for a 1/2" cordless drill.

I don't know if they make one offhand, but all my cordless power tools are Ryobi and I haven't had a problem with anyone of them yet. You won't hear me say a bad word about them.

18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Brushless 1/2 in. Compact Hammer Drill Kit with (2) 2.0 Ah Batteries, Charger, and Bag

Reactions: franklinman
Milwaukee or DeWalt?
Or Bosch. Can't go wrong with Milwaukee or Bosch. DeWalt used to have multiple lines, pro and home, but I don't know if they do that anymore. I'm sure their pro line (or if they only have one line now) are on par with the other two. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

Reactions: 81b&w
Milwaukee or DeWalt?
DeWalt. But get the biggest battery I think they have a 20v now And get the 2 drill pack that has a hammer drill as well. Not much more

now if you really want to spend some money, Festool

Milwaukee or DeWalt?
Dewalt's quality has declined over the past few years after they outsourced a lot of their manufacturing to Mexico, but your timing is good....they usually have nice drill/driver combo kits for Christmas. The nice about the DeWalts is the 3 year warranty.

For $99, this would make a good present for you.

Last edited:
You really can't go wrong with either. I use a Milwaukee portaband daily as a farrier, and it's the bomb. That said, it's American made. The new ones are made in China. Both companies have expanded their U.S. operations in recent years. I will also add, Dewalt batteries, in my experience, are far superior.

18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Brushless 1/2 in. Compact Hammer Drill Kit with (2) 2.0 Ah Batteries, Charger, and Bag

Would recommend getting as much power as you can afford. 20v, 24v. No one ever said - wow I got a drill with too much power, but you may likely say - I wish I had more.

Reactions: hlstone
I use a variety of Milwaukee Fuel power tools everyday for work (residential HVAC install) and couldn’t be happier. My 12 volt impact driver and drill are my trusty go-to’s for most things. Impact for screws, hammer drill for any type of holes to drill. A lot of DeWalt, Makita guys at my company have switched to Milwaukee FWIW.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT