ADVERTISEMENT

OT: LLWS/Williamsport video...

And make sure the kids bring a durable peice of cardboard. We go every year.
How's the crowd and traffic? What are the best days to go? I've never been but would love to take my son and he would love to go even though he's 21 now.

How's the crowd and traffic? What are the best days to go? I've never been but would love to take my son and he would love to go even though he's 21 now.
Compared to a PSU game - even the final two days are manageable. Just go early. If I had to pick one day, I'd pick the US Championship day or the round right before it (more games).

Traffic isn't bad at all. We park in people's yards right next to the museum. I think most are $5.00 and it's a short walk down to the field. It's free to get in, and the food is cheap.

We choose to bring blankets and sit in the outfield as the bleacher seats get taken up super fast. I'm not sure how early you'd have to get there for those.

2 years ago we went on a Saturday and had no problems parking or with traffic. Last year we went to the US Championship on a weeknight and it wasn't bad either. Really good time.

The best way to do it is to get a couple of these and cut the back legs off - depending on how steep the hill is where you're at:

plastic-chair3.jpg

Reactions: PearlSUJam
The other cool thing is that (for the most part), you can stake your claim early in the AM and return to find your spot and stuff untouched hours later.

I've taken many kids and LL players over the years. My son and his teammates met Todd Frazier when he was lights-out as a pitcher for Flemington LL. Go early in the week when the crowds are down, especially if you take kids. They'Ll get to meet the players before they get too stressed about winning it all. Its real relaxing sitting on the hill, Just remember how innocent LL baseball still is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT