ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Link, I'm going to share with golden rap era fans two great songs

I don't know F all about rap, but Public Enemy made a big impression on me in the 90's. Two of the best albums of the era.

pe-640x474.jpg

Reactions: STPGopherfan
Lot of great songs everyone has listed, for me Rakim is the greatest ever changed the game also loved 3 X Dope from Philly, Tuff Crew i leave you with a good song

Reactions: STPGopherfan
My favorite old school white rappers. One of my possible board names was going to be Prime Minister Pete Nice

Love when MC Serch says “me and P E T E”. Great sampling of Dream Weaver and Love is Alive

And this song with the line “a Brooklyn Queen rushin Russell Simmons is like Tyson rushin Givens”

Reactions: Mr. Potter
This thread reminds me of back in the day growing up in South Jersey. My buddies and i would rush home and order half of these videos from a pay per selection music video channel called The Box! I've told my kids many times how spoiled they are to have YouTube.

My favorite old school white rappers. One of my possible board names was going to be Prime Minister Pete Nice

Love when MC Serch says “me and P E T E”. Great sampling of Dream Weaver and Love is Alive

And this song with the line “a Brooklyn Queen rushin Russell Simmons is like Tyson rushin Givens”

I don't know how it was out East, but in the midwest, in general it didn't matter during that era*. If you could rap, you could rap, if you could break, you could break, If you could spin/ cut/ /scratch/mix, you could do that. It wasn't a racial thing. It was a either your cool with it, or your not thing.

*Yes there were a$$holes, but most were given the Gasface!

More of the New Jack Swing era (Thank you Teddy Riley)

Heavy D was sure to get the party started.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT