ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Link, I'm going to share with golden rap era fans two great songs

It's tough to beat Special Ed ...

As a lily white kid from a lily white rural/suburban area in PA, my fascination with R&B and Hip Hop started when I was being driven home from a school dance by my parents, and Bobby Brown's "Don't Be Cruel" came on the radio. From there I was hooked, and I quickly dove down into the rabbit hole of R&B, and then Hip Hop.

I was quickly introduced to:

They were my 2nd concert, after Living Color

I could post more of the typical mainstream rap videos, but here's one that me and my boys loved, even though we didn't fully understand the message at the time ... we were more concerned that we all had our parts to rap during the car ride:

It's tough to beat Special Ed ...

As a lily white kid from a lily white rural/suburban area in PA, my fascination with R&B and Hip Hop started when I was being driven home from a school dance by my parents, and Bobby Brown's "Don't Be Cruel" came on the radio. From there I was hooked, and I quickly dove down into the rabbit hole of R&B, and then Hip Hop.

I was quickly introduced to:

They were my 2nd concert, after Living Color

I could post more of the typical mainstream rap videos, but here's one that me and my boys loved, even though we didn't fully understand the message at the time ... we were more concerned that we all had our parts to rap during the car ride:

The nomination of Poor Righteous Teachers means you know your rap. Way under rated.

Eric B & Rakim was/is the greatest (IMO).

I was not a rap fan at all growing up but I have come to appreciate some of the rap that I disregarded at the time. This is one that I love and even admitted to liking at the time.

Reactions: STPGopherfan
Maybe not "golden era" but it's smoove ...

I'll add another in the same vein ...

Last edited:
I used to listen to Black Sheep all of the time. Them and Tribe called Quest. I was split between this and house music.

ADVERTISEMENT