ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Justin Shorter granted waiver to play

BFPSU

Aug 26, 2001

Not sure why it was granted. But I guess the precedent had already been set with previous cases.

Reactions: BBrown
Florida newspaper is citing Shorter as a team leader.

The same type of things were said about Juwan last year prior to the season. Then he went on to have a similar season to what he had the previous year at PSU. Each kid is different and develops at different rates. Some transfers pan out, many do not.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Enough to to know that Hack wasn’t the problem there.
If you’re throwing rocks with no touch on them, I don’t care how accurate they are, they’re difficult to catch. So I’m quite certain Hack was part of the problem.

Reactions: psualt
That certainly happens but I think it's way too early to write off Shorter. I recall Gesecki couldn't catch the ball for 2 years.
Myth. Gesicki had trouble lining up and playbook memorization. He saw a therapist and cleared it up. He dropped about 3 or 4 passes. Shorter couldn't get open, ran half speed, didn't fight for the ball, and dropped it when it got there.

Reactions: blmr31
That certainly happens but I think it's way too early to write off Shorter. I recall Gesecki couldn't catch the ball for 2 years.

Agree. I also think Shorter will be a big loss; time will tell. He had a few misses but was not given much opportunity. Re-watched the Michigan game recently. Shorter was not targeted by Clifford one time and he was open several times. He was beating the DB off the LOS and was wide open on seem routes

How does the florida target chart look? Last year the Penn State Chart went Hamler, PF, then run the ball....I believe he was open plenty of times, just didn't get the looks after the first three. Then when they try and force him the ball at Minnesota, he dropped a pass.....

Say what you want, but we lost Fleming and Thorton because of the failure to have Shorter shine. Shorter just has an average two years and Fleming is at PSU and Thorton is part of the 2021 Class.

Glad to see CFB free agency is alive and well. Just more evidence that PSU could have told the NCAA to go f*ck themselves.
Just a reminder, the charges and sanctions against PSU were manufactured by the PSU BOT - specifically those trustees aligned with The Second Mile, along with Corbett, Surma, et al....All the NCAA and the Big Ten are guilty of is giving those old trustees exactly what they asked for.....

Reactions: TheGLOV
Do you mean Vyto Kab? I played IM basketball against him in the semifinals. Keith Dorney as center, Vyto Kab and Mickey Shuler as forwards, and Mike Guman and Scott Fitzkee as guards. We won the first half and they won the second half going away.
Yes Mr. Kab. And I did not tag him with that nickname. His football teammates did! LOL!:):):);):)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT