ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Food Threads, tell the Truth.

5'10" 195 Lbs.

Dropped 8lbs this Month started May 1st. Got to get to 190 by end of June. Hoping to Be 180 by Labor Day weekend....cut sugars and bad foods...walk 3 miles a day Gym 3 days a week. Not going down the slippery slope at 44....

6'1" 217 (I was at 289 back in July) still underheight (I prefer that to overweight) but not as bad as I was

WOODY, GREAT PROGRESS, WAY TO GO. (I'm assuming that it's been your intention to lose weight.....!)

Back in the 90's when I was an Officer at MetLife I tried to get them to change their height - weight charts.

Instead of looking up one's height and finding out the "ideal" weight range was "x"......I wanted to be able to look up one's weight and finding out the "ideal" height range was "x".

I was unfortunately unsuccessful.

Reactions: humpydudas19
Today, 5' 10.5" and 192 lbs. Trying to get to 185, but I love wine and cheese.

Bonus since I remember. Freshman, 1975 at 155 lbs. Was no more than 160 lbs when I graduated in '79.

WOODY, GREAT PROGRESS, WAY TO GO. (I'm assuming that it's been your intention to lose weight.....!)

Back in the 90's when I was an Officer at MetLife I tried to get them to change their height - weight charts.

Instead of looking up one's height and finding out the "ideal" weight range was "x"......I wanted to be able to look up one's weight and finding out the "ideal" height range was "x".

I was unfortunately unsuccessful.
Thanks, Illi. Yes, I keep forgetting to tell people that it was an intentional diet that caused my weight loss. I notice that people who haven't seen me in awhile get this funny look on their faces and avoid mentioning my appearance until I realize that they are concerned that something bad happened to me. Then I quickly tell them that I'm fine and I did this to myself!

I'm not a big fan of the NIH's BMI designations - there's no accounting for age. I supposedly need to lose another 28 pounds to be "normal" but there's no way that's going to happen. Anyway, I just checked, to get to the BMI that I'm at now, I could have lost the 72 pounds that I did or gained a foot in height (without a concommitant weight gain). I suppose the latter would have been more fun.

Last edited:
Today, 5' 10.5" and 192 lbs. Trying to get to 185, but I love wine and cheese.

Bonus since I remember. Freshman, 1975 at 155 lbs. Was no more than 160 lbs when I graduated in '79.
Love food...that's the issue for me...what I really love...really love to do is eat Publix Low Fat yogurt "Pistachio" "Moose Tracks" "Double chocolate" at night watching old movies or re-watching; Breaking Bad, SoA, etc....thats my vice ;( and I HATE running...ever been forced to run between sports and the military especially a light infantry unit and it makes you HATE running PERIOD)

Thanks, Illi. Yes, I keep forgetting to tell people that it was an intentional diet that caused my weight loss. I notice that people who haven't seen me in awhile get this funny look on their faces and avoid mentioning my appearance until I realize that they are concerned that something bad happened to me. Then I quickly tell them that I'm fine and I did this to myself!

I'm not a big fan of the NIH's BMI designations - there's no accounting for age. I supposedly need to lose another 28 pounds to be "normal" but there's no way that's going to happen. Anyway, I just checked, to get to the BMI that I'm at now, I could have lost the 72 pounds that I did or gained a foot in height (without a concommitant weight gain). I suppose the latter would have been more fun.
There is also no accounting for Build...i.e. Small build-Medium-Big Boned..etc.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
This was me back when I had some hair - testing out the first green I ever built:

xminimegolfing.jpg.pagespeed.ic.4CMI1AKLql.jpg

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT