ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Did the Ravens ever use the shotgun last night?

LionJim

Oct 8, 2003
Levittown, PA to Olney, MD
My man John Urschel was Baltimore's center last night. (He'll start the rest of the year and I understand they are planning on him being the starting center heading into next year.) Anyway, I watched the first 20 minutes or so and the Ravens never once used the shotgun. Did anyone notice if they used a shotgun at all? He had issues with shotgun snaps in an earlier game when he was an injury replacement.

My man John Urschel was Baltimore's center last night. (He'll start the rest of the year and I understand they are planning on him being the starting center heading into next year.) Anyway, I watched the first 20 minutes or so and the Ravens never once used the shotgun. Did anyone notice if they used a shotgun at all? He had issues with shotgun snaps in an earlier game when he was an injury replacement.
LionJim, I did not watch every snap, but I did watch a lot, and I never saw them in shotgun, and figured it was because he was at C. From what I saw he blocked very well last night. I love the 1 cut stuff they did.

they used it on some 3rd down obvious passing downs. His snaps were fine. Did not watch entire game, but focused on his play for 2-3 series. I thought he played pretty well vs. a bad defense.

Most impressive think that John did yesterday was to show the field goal block team the likely trajectory of the final field goal by running the equations that replicate the trajectory of a satellite leaving a moon of Mars. John ran these same equations during a PSU/MSU game in 2012...... the Ravens burning the timeout was due to John running the equations on the Microsoft Surface...not icing the Browns kicker.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Most impressive think that John did yesterday was to show the field goal block team the likely trajectory of the final field goal by running the equations that replicate the trajectory of a satellite leaving a moon of Mars. John ran these same equations during a PSU/MSU game in 2012...... the Ravens burning the timeout was due to John running the equations on the Microsoft Surface...not icing the Browns kicker.
Geez, this is classic.

thanks Jim, of all of the players of the last 10 years Big John intrigues me the most. For someone to be that smart in Math and to have made himself into such a good G/C is 100% unique in the NFL. From my experience in Math, Physics etc....the smarts in that realm is a completely different type of smarts compared to a smart person who does very well in Business, English or other less scientific endeavors. For big John to be able to understand such high level math, Einstein equations and be able to bench press over 400 lbs. is a unique skill set for someone to have. I hate the Ravens, but really like John.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT