ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dan Wetzel column, couldn’t agree more.

Shoulda had Ala, Clem, CinCin and Coastal. Then the first two would have cremated the latter two and put an end to the idea that these teams are on par with the big boys. Good year to do so since ND and the team from Columbus aren’t up to par with the top two.

I don't think Cincy is in the conversation, frankly. They simply do not have the talent on the field to compete. I think the rankings are trying to be nice but I think they lose to four or five of the better programs in the B1G. I feel for A&M but I don't have any concerns about Cincy at all.

The reality is that the system is set up with the eye test so that no P5 team has any chance -- ANY -- of getting into the playoff. And that's a problem.

But Wetzel is wrong. The biggest screwing did not go to Cincinnati. It went to ARMY.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Cincy should reach out and schedule Alabama and or Clemson next year. CCU as well. Go on the road and make these 1 and dones. It's the only opportunity they have.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Cincy should reach out and schedule Alabama and or Clemson next year. CCU as well. Go on the road and make these 1 and dones. It's the only opportunity they have.
Yeah, because those teams don't have their schedules for next year set up yet

I don't think Cincy is in the conversation, frankly. They simply do not have the talent on the field to compete. I think the rankings are trying to be nice but I think they lose to four or five of the better programs in the B1G. I feel for A&M but I don't have any concerns about Cincy at all.
Alabama could easily put up 70 on Cincinnati. No way Cincinnati's dbs could stay on the field with Alabama's receivers. Maybe Clemson or OSU's dbs would have something of a fighting chance against Alabama receivers, but Cincinnati would be totally outclassed.

Yeah, because those teams don't have their schedules for next year set up yet

I'm sure the November games with New Mexico State and Mercer can't possibly be altered by Bama. They do open with Miami, but that's a name game more than a good matchup outside of Miami improving a lot.

Clemson opens with UGA (yay! That's marquee and eliminates one of them from top 5 talk for weeks outside of the loser running the table), and closes with USCe. SC State (who) and UConn in between could be moved.

Pay off the contract and go travel to play. I'm sure it's not that simple, but if BYU can decide to travel cross country to play Coastal mid week then something CAN be done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT