ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone watching Ray Donovan? (spoilers)

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
It's a lot of heavy drama, and several story lines intertwined together pretty well. I just watched this weeks episode and it is a little hard to believe that one family could blackmail and ruin one FBI leader and murder another one. Then again, if you can suspend disbelief about zombies and dragons/white walkers, then what's so hard to believe... Still a great show, but I'm sorry to see Avi leave. Also, Darryl shot the wrong guy, as the Donovan family would be much better off with Mickey in the ground.

It's a lot of heavy drama, and several story lines intertwined together pretty well. I just watched this weeks episode and it is a little hard to believe that one family could blackmail and ruin one FBI leader and murder another one. Then again, if you can suspend disbelief about zombies and dragons/white walkers, then what's so hard to believe... Still a great show, but I'm sorry to see Avi leave. Also, Darryl shot the wrong guy, as the Donovan family would be much better off with Mickey in the ground.

Mickey, Daryll & Bunchy are living, breathing, walking f***-ups. They are genetically predisposed to doing the wrong thing just so Ray has something to fix.

I really like the show, but have my random bitches as well. Glad Mickey wasn't locked up b/c Jon Voight plays such a great character. All good actors - but have you ever seen 3 brothers look less alike (not including Darryl, of course)? Abby was one of the more annoying characters in the history of TV...they kill her off...but she still haunts the show. Agree about Avi being a great character - but with the end of show plot twist, I expect he'll be back.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Thoughts on this season? I think the last few episodes have been pretty great. Watching episode 11 of season 6 now. I’m not sure how far this will escalate but it’s going to get worse before it’s all said and done.

This season has been good, especially compared to the previous one which was awful.

Abby was annoying but I think she was a necessary character.

This season has been much better than season 5. Love the development of Ray's complicated relationship with his daughter. However, one of my huge hang-ups with the show is the way Ray pronounces his last name. I'm born and raised in South Boston and I can tell you it is pronounced "Dun-a-vin" not "Don-o-van"

Reactions: Ranger Dan
This season sucks. Same with Shameless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT