ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone have a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle card they want to sell me?

no, but a friend of mine use to work for the TV station, and one of his jobs was to pick Mickey up at the airport. They would pay for Mickey to come in for promotions. He played golf, but hated and wouldn't sign autographs. Well this went on for several years, and my friend got comfortable with Mick ( and probably drunk several times), and finally asked Mick to autograph a baseball. Mick complied , and wrote 'Fvck you, ED Mickey Mantle' so what do you do with that?? (he didn't misspell it)

no, but a friend of mine use to work for the TV station, and one of his jobs was to pick Mickey up at the airport. They would pay for Mickey to come in for promotions. He played golf, but hated and wouldn't sign autographs. Well this went on for several years, and my friend got comfortable with Mick ( and probably drunk several times), and finally asked Mick to autograph a baseball. Mick complied , and wrote 'Fvck you, ED Mickey Mantle' so what do you do with that?? (he didn't misspell it)
Nice. Nicely told, Sluggo.

Reactions: Victor E. Bell

You write up the story, you get the signature authenticated, and then you're in business with an extremely rare piece of memorabilia and compelling and unique story. Even if you keep it you can at least insure it.

Reactions: Cosmos

Trust me, he signed numerous baseballs with interesting inscriptions, let’s just say that.

Reactions: LionJim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT