ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Another article on Scranton True Crime

Wandering Spectator

Dec 17, 2017
Chandler, AZ
www.wanderingspectator.com
My latest post on True Crime Scranton. In 1916, Dominick Delfino shot and killed Dometrio Morabito in Archbald. After being convicted of 1st Degree Murder, Delfino escaped from the Lackawanna County Jail and was on the run for almost 6 years before being captured outside of Vancouver, BC.

Read about the case at the link below.

That was an interesting read on Delfino. But what really caught my eye and attention was your post on "Who was William Wright?" and the Freach/Keen boys. I was only 10/11 years old when that all went down, but it was seared in my memory. I did not know all the background and details, just that they were missing then found murdered. Just as a side note, that Freach/Keen Little League field is no longer there. Just a parking lot now. I think the sign is still there.

Reactions: Wandering Spectator

• Haha
Reactions: McCloudersportLion
That was an interesting read on Delfino. But what really caught my eye and attention was your post on "Who was William Wright?" and the Freach/Keen boys. I was only 10/11 years old when that all went down, but it was seared in my memory. I did not know all the background and details, just that they were missing then found murdered. Just as a side note, that Freach/Keen Little League field is no longer there. Just a parking lot now. I think the sign is still there.
Thanks. Freach and Keen coupled with Atkinson was a crazy time. I’m assuming you saw the Atkinson article too. I grew up in West Side, so Atkinson was “closer to home”.

Reactions: BowieLion
My latest post on True Crime Scranton. In 1916, Dominick Delfino shot and killed Dometrio Morabito in Archbald. After being convicted of 1st Degree Murder, Delfino escaped from the Lackawanna County Jail and was on the run for almost 6 years before being captured outside of Vancouver, BC.

Read about the case at the link below.

I clicked on your post not knowing what to expect and found myself 30 minutes later amazed at what I had just read

Very well done. I can’t imagine the number of hours you invested in your pre-publication research.

What amazes me is that immigrants would prey on others of similar ethnic origin. I guess it was easier than engaging people from other ethnic races who might be connected to better gangs.

Last edited:
Thanks. Freach and Keen coupled with Atkinson was a crazy time. I’m assuming you saw the Atkinson article too. I grew up in West Side, so Atkinson was “closer to home”.
I grew up in North Scranton/Marvine section and married a South Sider whose sister went to school with and knew Freach/Keen. I read the Atkinson one earlier, but I don't remember him, honestly.

What amazes me is that immigrants would prey on others of similar ethnic origin. I guess it was easier than engaging people from other ethnic races who might be connected to better gangs.
I'm intrigued by that as well. At some point, I'll dig into the Black Hand more to understand how and why they operated as they did.
I read the Atkinson one earlier, but I don't remember him, honestly.

Scared the crap out of all of West Side when he escaped from prison. He was caught in a park across the street from a bowling alley that I used to visit.

Reactions: BowieLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT