ADVERTISEMENT

OT....2 hours until the EPL returns....Glory, Glory.....

Pitt > Liverpool.
200.gif

Reactions: LionJim
The Bundesliga has already been back for a month...
Even Serie A is back, which is amazing considering what happened in that country. Meanwhile here in the USA, we keep twiddling our thumbs with our major leagues while watching anarchists take over portions of major cities and destroy other portions.

Reactions: kgilbert78
Even Serie A is back, which is amazing considering what happened in that country. Meanwhile here in the USA, we keep twiddling our thumbs with our major leagues while watching anarchists take over portions of major cities and destroy other portions.
The NHL and NBA are both planning their return. MLS should return soon as well.
A small portion of Seattle has been occupied by peaceful protesters. I'm not aware of other cities that are currently occupied.
Other than that, you really nailed it.

Edit - sounds like MLB is close to an agreement now too

The NHL and NBA are both planning their return. MLS should return soon as well.
A small portion of Seattle has been occupied by peaceful protesters. I'm not aware of other cities that are currently occupied.
Other than that, you really nailed it.

Edit - sounds like MLB is close to an agreement now too
The NHL plans to start games sometime in August; this is June 17th. That's basically two months away.

The return of the NBA still is uncertain because several players have other interests that may sabotage the plan. However, I do expect that they will play.

The MLS probably will start before both the NHL and NBA, but in a very limited way.

As far as baseball, if they come back, it's going to take at least a month for the pitchers to build their arm strength up. We're fast approaching the time of the All Star Break. How many games do you really think that they're going to play?

As far as anarchists taking over cities and causing destruction, I intentionally exaggerated the former to make a point. However, how can one diminish the latter without being intellectually dishonest?

The NHL plans to start games sometime in August; this is June 17th. That's basically two months away.

The return of the NBA still is uncertain because several players have other interests that may sabotage the plan. However, I do expect that they will play.

The MLS probably will start before both the NHL and NBA, but in a very limited way.

As far as baseball, if they come back, it's going to take at least a month for the pitchers to build their arm strength up. We're fast approaching the time of the All Star Break. How many games do you really think that they're going to play?

As far as anarchists taking over cities and causing destruction, I intentionally exaggerated the former to make a point. However, how can one diminish the latter without being intellectually dishonest?
MLS is doing a World Cup style tournament entirely in Orlando for all teams starting after the July 4 holiday

Yep...don't usually watch it, but I have been due to it being the only live sport really on.
The quality has been up and down, but rapidly getting better. My Foals (Gladbach) looked pretty good on Tuesday and weren't bad vs Bayern. It's hard to beat a team regularly with that much talent, though Gladbach has come closest over the past 8 years (the consecutive years Bayern has won), being almost even. But Bayern's second team is leading the German third division (and it's really their third team, as teams that want to go far in the European competitions need to have almost two full teams due to the number of games played).

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT