ADVERTISEMENT

OSU/Clemson Game Thread

Maybe Dabo should say some of his prayers, maybe baptize one of his players at halftime?

He’s been playing the disrespect card all year and now they show up and get rocked.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
Not the B10 ... OSU maybe. OSU has no real competition in B10 this year.

Iowa beat USC
Michigan State beat Wake Forest
Penn State beat Memphis
Ohio State up on defending champ Clemson

Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota also in big games to play this bowl season. It is without a doubt Big Ten, SEC way above everyone else besides Clemson.

I know a lot of people here are older, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but the way college football is today... you have to cheer for your conference in big games for recruiting purposes. Recruiting is no longer a regional operation. Big 12 and Pac 12 recruiting is suffering because of it.

Not like we do against OSU.

Out top recruit on defense picked Clemson this year. So did Wilkins. They’re a recruiting rival as much as anyone, especially for DMV recruits.

Trevor Lawrence:

intro-1577468205.jpg

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Iowa beat USC
Michigan State beat Wake Forest
Penn State beat Memphis
Ohio State up on defending champ Clemson

Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota also in big games to play this bowl season. It is without a doubt Big Ten, SEC way above everyone else besides Clemson.

I know a lot of people here are older, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but the way college football is today... you have to cheer for your conference in big games for recruiting purposes. Recruiting is no longer a regional operation. Big 12 and Pac 12 recruiting is suffering because of it.
And Clemson is the only team in the ACC that might beat PSU, Michigan, Wiscy, Minny and Iowa.

Again I ask, who has Clemson played this year? By all means, I give them credit for *last* year. But what about 2019? The ACC is trash -- they played nobody.

An OSU win here gives the B1G and PSU validation. Show that it's not just the southern schools that can get to a championship. Then LSU can trounce OSU in the final game. :)

And Clemson is the only team in the ACC that might beat PSU, Michigan, Wiscy, Minny and Iowa.

And to see them lose today would hurt their perception to future recruits. It would send a message that, yeah, you can go north and play for Ohio State, Penn State, and other Big Ten blue bloods and compete for a title. Had we beat Minnesota we would have watched our boys play LSU today, IMO we would have definitely given them a better game.

Out top recruit on defense picked Clemson this year. So did Wilkins. They’re a recruiting rival as much as anyone, especially for DMV recruits.
But if we’re going to lose a recruit, would you rather have him go to Clemson or OSU?

I hit rewind on the dvr cause I wanted to see this. Either he was suddenly possessed by a demon or someone else with a much deeper voice dropped the f bombs.
Perhaps the ostarine makes his voice deeper when he gets pumped up?

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown
I don’t see Clemson being able to make the necessary adjustments to get back in this game.

For a program that is supposed to be loaded with great players at every position, why do they keep making such a big deal about the Clemson receiver who's injured? Isn't it next player up in Death Valley?

Reactions: ftlpsu
Again I ask, who has Clemson played this year? By all means, I give them credit for *last* year. But what about 2019? The ACC is trash -- they played nobody.

An OSU win here gives the B1G and PSU validation. Show that it's not just the southern schools that can get to a championship. Then LSU can trounce OSU in the final game. :)

Respectfully disagree. An OSU win here gives OSU validation. It does nothing for PSU or the big ten.....other than making recruiting against OSU harder. ;). The country (outside of the Midwest) sees the big ten much like the ACC- 1 very good team and not much else (in terms of national title contenders).

For a program that is supposed to be loaded with great players at every position, why do they keep making such a big deal about the Clemson receiver who's injured? Isn't it next player up in Death Valley?
What I thought myself actually.

Respectfully disagree. An OSU win here gives OSU validation. It does nothing for PSU or the big ten.....other than making recruiting against OSU harder. ;). The country (outside of the Midwest) sees the big ten much like the ACC- 1 very good team and not much else (in terms of national title contenders).

I don't think that is the perception. Many people think the Big Ten is right up there with the SEC. Penn State recruits against Clemson too, the ACC is worse than the AAC which is the conference Memphis won. Why would you cheer for Clemson in this game? I say go Buckeyes and then have LSU beat them in a competitive game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT