ADVERTISEMENT

Open your eyes Penn State. Open your eyes Penn State alums.

I find Chadd Buskirk alot more credible than Glenn Neff. I just don't see Buskirk's motivation to lie. OTOH, I can see 7 million reasons why Glenn Neff might want to embellish his story.

I am not a big fan Ziegler, but I will acknowledge that he has done some good research on the story. I don't blame you for not wanting to listen to Ziegler. I also agree with you that I don't find Mike McQueary credible and John Snedden I believe sums it up the best for why McQueary is not credible.

"I don't think you can say he's credible," Snedden said about McQueary. Why? Because he told "so many different stories," Snedden said. McQueary's stories about what he thought he saw or heard in the shower ranged from rough horseplay and/or wrestling all the way up to sex.

Which story, Snedden asked, do you want to believe?

"None of it makes any sense," Snedden said about McQueary's tale. "It's not a credible story."

Back in 2001, Snedden said, Mike McQueary was a 26-year-old, 6-foot-5, 240-pound former college quarterback used to running away from 350-pound defensive linemen.

If McQueary actually saw Jerry Sandusky raping a young boy in the shower, Snedden said, he probably would have done something to stop it.

"I think your moral compass would cause you to act and not just flee," Snedden said.

If McQueary really thought he was witnessing a sexual assault on a child, Snedden said, wouldn't he have gotten between the victim and a "wet, defenseless naked 57-year-old guy in the shower?"

Or, if McQueary decided he wasn't going to physically intervene, Snedden said, then why didn't he call the cops from the Lasch Building? The locker room where McQueary supposedly saw Sandusky with the boy in the showers.

It's not a question of relative credibility. If Buskirk was approached years ago to help fabricate a story, why is he just coming out now about it?

I guess but this guy is a chump from Lock Haven not an NBA guy with lots of hangars on.

Neff seems like someone who would share his wealth. He was willing to give Chadd Buskirk a piece of the action. His wife also seems like she feels she is entitled to a chunk what he received. Glenn doesn't seem like he would be the best at managing his portfolio.

Matt Sandusky is a stock boy at wegmans in state college.

I don't believe Matt received a very large settlement. My understanding is that his settlement was one of the lower amounts and was in the low 6 figure range and around the same amount as the 70's accusers received. I don't think the BOT believed Matt or the 70's accusers and settled for the convenience of not having to go to trial.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
Sandusky aside I’m wondering what type of idiot accepts a check for around $47,000 and hands over the product ( whatever it is )without verifying that the check is good. I’ve written some pretty hefty checks when purchasing vehicle's, but I naively assumed that the delay in “ prepping “ the car was partly caused by someone verifying my check. If this is common practice among car dealers I’m getting dressed and going down to my local Bentley dealer.
sure they do, just verify they have full coverage insurance. They dont hand over the title to the check clears. If the check bounces, they arrest the guy who wrote the bad check.

It's not a question of relative credibility. If Buskirk was approached years ago to help fabricate a story, why is he just coming out now about it?

The interview was over 2 years ago. I don't know the circumstances of how Ziegler came to interview Buskirk, but I am guessing that Neff wasn't real happy with it. If a friend asked you to corroborate a false allegation, I am not sure that the first thing that you would do would be to go to authorities or the media.

sure they do, just verify they have full coverage insurance. They dont hand over the title to the check clears. If the check bounces, they arrest the guy who wrote the bad check.

Still pretty stupid. Who knows what can happen top the car by then. Every time we've purchased a car the dealer requires a cashier's or certified check.

The interview was over 2 years ago. I don't know the circumstances of how Ziegler came to interview Buskirk, but I am guessing that Neff wasn't real happy with it. If a friend asked you to corroborate a false allegation, I am not sure that the first thing that you would do would be to go to auhtorities or the media.

And Neff was paid when? If someone asks me to corroborate a story that is obviously part of a fraud I go to the authorities pronto.

Still pretty stupid. Who knows what can happen top the car by then. Every time we've purchased a car the dealer requires a cashier's or certified check.

I am guessing that car dealers in Lock Haven know some of the claimants in the Penn State settlements. I believe that the Lock Haven 5 (the 5 claimants from Lock Haven who received settlements) received aggregate settlement awards of around $30 million. I seem to recall reading that the Lock Haven 5 enjoyed nice cars, so it would not surprise me that car dealers would be willing to extend courtesies to these individuals. However, they also probably would not appreciate being fleeced.

Reactions: sarasotan
I am guessing that car dealers in Lock Haven know some of the claimants in the Penn State settlements. I believe that the Lock Haven 5 (the 5 claimants from Lock Haven who received settlements) received aggregate settlement awards of around $30 million. I seem to recall reading that the Lock Haven 5 enjoyed nice cars, so it would not surprise me that car dealers would be willing to extend courtesies to these individuals. However, they also probably would not appreciate being fleeced.

No accounting for stupid.

I agree that Penn State alums, who are in fact victim in this story, do not deserve any blame. Off the top, the parties that I believe are most responsible for the mess that has occurred include Tom Corbett, Frank Fina and the OAG, the Penn State BOT, Louis Freeh, Mark Emmert and the NCAA, the Pennsylvania judiciary, and the media.
Add Ed(?) Ray to your list and I'm on board.

Reactions: francofan
Best to keep all this corruption on the down low. All roads lead to the Second Mile as an Epstein-like dispensary of young children for the well connected.

I actually think the real connection and corruption is at the Hershey Foundation. There's about $6 billion reasons and a history of OAG complicity to motivate people to throw JVP and JS under the bus.

Because I have more important things than Jerry Sandusky to think about on a daily basis. And I enjoy calling out conspiracy nuts like you. How's that fundraising for Soapy's defense going for you?

And those "more important things" are so important, I make sure I take the time to log into this football message board to tell you how unimportant this is.

You answered your own question.
Are you referring to this? (Asking for a friend!)...
3080c3030103cdac951580e521abdd65.600x252x126.gif

Reactions: roswelllion

I have bought a ton of new cars over the years, and I have never needed a "cashier's or certified check". I always pay the full price at settlement. Every dealer I've ever worked with has always just accepted a check out of one of my Money Market Accounts.

That being said, maybe the dealer's should have been listening to John, Ray, and the rest of us that have been telling them for years that this whole thing was a bunch of crap set up by CorButt to destroy Penn State. Maybe then they would have known most of these guys that took the money are nothing but a bunch of freeloading crooks.

I do my best to rile up the few remaining tinfoil hat members of the Free Jerry Club.

I believe you are underestimating the number of people who understand that something isn't entirely right about the whole Penn State/Sandusky scandal.

I believe it will become more apparent when Spanier's appeal in federal court is decided resulting in his exoneration as well as when Sandusky's appeal results in the new evidentiary hearings.

I believe you are underestimating the number of people who understand that something isn't entirely right about the whole Penn State/Sandusky scandal.

I believe it will become more apparent when Spanier's appeal in federal court is decided resulting in his exoneration as well as when Sandusky's appeal results in the new evidentiary hearings.
LOL

The first paragraph might be the most ridiculous thing you've ever written on here--and that includes attempting to fundraise on behalf of a convicted pedo.

LOL

The first paragraph might be the most ridiculous thing you've ever written on here--and that includes attempting to fundraise on behalf of a convicted pedo.

You may not think that something is amiss in this story, but alot of people do.

Yes, Sandusky was convicted of CSA; but there were huge problems in the way he was convicted. His trial was patently unfair with serial acts of prosecutorial misconduct including a false grand jury presentment, grand jury leaks, Brady violations, conspiracies between the OAG and the Freeh group, juror misconduct, violating attorney-client privilege, and improper questioning by investigators and then lying about it. I believe that Sandusky is a victim of a miscarriage of justice and that the results of a new fair trial would be completely different from the first trial.

I’ll ask a stupid question. How does writing a bad check make neff a fraud with respect to sandusky? On the surface, it suggests he blew through the settlement money. What does this have to do neff’s claims of being a victim of sandusky?

Now, I realize that many of these alleged victims have sketchy backgrounds, but please explain how writing a bad check makes someone a fraud with respect to sandusky. Are we discrediting neff just to discredit him?
It doesn't. But that won't stop people like JZ from presenting outlandish conclusions as facts. Sometimes JZ is no better than the Freeh team in terms of supporting his conclusions.

I've never stated that Sandusky is completely innocent. I do think that the fact that he was convicted in a trial that included a disgraced judge and a prosecutor who, because of his actions in this and related matters, has lost his license to practice......combined with the fact that several accusers are of questionable character.......should earn him another trial. I think it would be beneficial to all to expose the truth to the light of day. Then let the chips fall where they may. It's enough to make a custodian cry.....God only knows........
Of course his victims are of questionable character, the kids under the care of Second Mile in general will meet that criteria. Preying on those that come from challenging backgrounds and as a result have a sordid past was likely part of the MO from the beginning, they'd have no credibility to challenge Sandusky's golden reputation. If I'm not mistaken that was reported as a common tactic by pillar of the community predators.

Of course his victims are of questionable character, the kids under the care of Second Mile in general will meet that criteria. Preying on those that come from challenging backgrounds and as a result have a sordid past was likely part of the MO from the beginning, they'd have no credibility to challenge Sandusky's golden reputation. If I'm not mistaken that was reported as a common tactic by pillar of the community predators.
So we agree that the accusers are of questionable character. What then, is the evidence upon which conviction stands?$$$$$$

I does not discredit him directly. But it does reinforce that he is not honest and is willing to be dishonest for financial gain. Take from that what you will.
Aren't these called "breach of trust" crimes? A bad check, a recent retail theft and the kind that renders oneself from working in a banking environment. There's another one from Clinton Co. that was paid with a fraud charge in process. But, why would anyone vet these claims?

well yes, when you walk into a dealership with a post dated, third party, out of state, counter check what do you think will happen?? LOL

I believe the settlements are structured to be paid once a year over a number of years. I am guessing that Neff has burned through whatever money he has received. In Cipriano's easy money blog post, Ralph details a court case that a judge denied Neff the opportunity to cash out for a lessor amount.

--------------

In contrast to Dr. Ziv's faith in the veracity of alleged victims of abuse, a judge recently questioned the credibility of Glenn Neff, an alleged victim of Sandusky's who was attempting to gain immediate access to the confidential settlement of $7 million that he received last year from Penn State.

According to the Chester County Daily Local News, on July 17th, Chester County Judge William P. Mahon "angrily dismissed" a request to transfer assets from Neff's multimillion-dollar settlement that was sought by a Delaware-based financial firm. The newspaper did not name Neff as a victim, because of a typical media policy of self-censorship when it comes to alleged victims of sex abuse, but Neff's name was printed on legal documents in the case.

According to the newspaper, the Delaware firm sought court approval of a plan to convert $2.99 million from Neff's 2017 settlement into $850,000 in cash. In court, Neff testified that he needed the money to bolster his tree-trimming business and his wife wanted to expand a beauty salon.

But Judge Mahon said the proposed settlement, the third in the case, was "riddled with sketchy assertions about [Neff's] financial well-being that were contradicted by statements" Neff made in court.

"I am beginning to wonder what the heck is going on," the judge said, adding "these petitions are completely unreliable."

"This is abysmal," the judge said, before declaring, "Petition dismissed." The judge compared the behavior of the many firms seeking to gain access to Neff's settlement by offering immediate cash to "sharks with blood in the water."

In his claim, Neff alleged that he was sexually abused by Sandusky "on multiple dates between January 2004 and May 2005," including oral and anal rapes, but didn't tell anybody about it until 2016.

As he left the hearing, according to the story filed by reporter Michael Rellahan, Neff refused to answer a reporter's questions, and Neff's wife "shouted before making an obscene gesture while boarding an elevator."

https://www.bigtrial.net/2018/08/easy-money-in-sandusky-case-penn-state.html

He only has one play left, he needs to go to the authorities and exchange his testimony against the other "victims" and Shubin for immunity. Then be the first to write a tell-all book about how the whole thing was a scam he never wanted to along with, and just couldn't do anymore. The window to do this is coming to a close. He needs to do it before one of the other "victims" runs out of money and does it first, or before Sandusky gets a new trial and he ends up back on the stand getting torn to shreds by a competent attorney.

Not the exact same scenario, but we just bought a new car. Two separate dealers urged us to take the car home, one for an entire weekend, for a trial; and, we did not put one penny down. These were new cars, not pre-owned.

Not the exact same scenario, but we just bought a new car. Two separate dealers urged us to take the car home, one for an entire weekend, for a trial; and, we did not put one penny down. These were new cars, not pre-owned.
That I would imagine is because the cars were still under a full insurance umbrella that provided for same. Also if you’re a qualified potential buyer what do they have to lose? I’ve never been in the car business, but I’m pretty certain that not every bozo that walks on the lot gets to take a car home for a weekend test drive.

. He needs to do it before one of the other "victims" runs out of money and does it first, or before Sandusky gets a new trial and he ends up back on the stand getting torn to shreds by a competent attorney.
One of the high profile trial claimants is already on a monthly payment plan to the commonwealth for his legal troubles.

Reactions: pandaczar12
I have bought a ton of new cars over the years, and I have never needed a "cashier's or certified check". I always pay the full price at settlement. Every dealer I've ever worked with has always just accepted a check out of one of my Money Market Accounts.

That being said, maybe the dealer's should have been listening to John, Ray, and the rest of us that have been telling them for years that this whole thing was a bunch of crap set up by CorButt to destroy Penn State. Maybe then they would have known most of these guys that took the money are nothing but a bunch of freeloading crooks.
Same here. I've written personal checks as big as $12,000 and drove away with a new truck.

So we agree that the accusers are of questionable character. What then, is the evidence upon which conviction stands?$$$$$$

There was surprisingly low amount of direct evidence of Sandusky's guilt presented at trial. There was testimony of 8 alleged victims, the second-hand testimony of a janitor, and the star witness testimony of Mike McQueary.

The alleged victim testimony was largely uncorroborated. There was no physical evidence presented at trial. There was no evidence that there were any contemporaneous reports made to family, friends, teachers, psychologists, clergy, police, etc. The janitor evidence was suspect and, as stated by NCIS Special Agent John Snedden, Mike McQueary's testimony was simply not credible.

If Sandusky is fortunate enough for his current appeal to gain traction resulting in a new trial, it will be very interesting to see what sort of victim evidence the OAG will present. I think the OAG would be hard pressed to present strong victim evidence because it doesn't seem to me that there would be many alleged victims who would be able to withstand a rigorous cross examination by a competent defense counsel.

There was surprisingly low amount of direct evidence of Sandusky's guilt presented at trial. There was testimony of 8 alleged victims, the second-hand testimony of a janitor, and the star witness testimony of Mike McQueary.

The alleged victim testimony was largely uncorroborated. There was no physical evidence presented at trial. There was no evidence that there were any contemporaneous reports made to family, friends, teachers, psychologists, clergy, police, etc. The janitor evidence was suspect and, as stated by NCIS Special Agent John Snedden, Mike McQueary's testimony was simply not credible.

If Sandusky is fortunate enough for his current appeal to gain traction resulting in a new trial, it will be very interesting to see what sort of victim evidence the OAG will present. I think the OAG would be hard pressed to present strong victim evidence because it doesn't seem to me that there would be many alleged victims who would be able to withstand a rigorous cross examination by a competent defense counsel.

Yeah, but you are ignoring the fact that he was convicted because he's guilty, and he's guilty because he was convicted.

Yeah, but you are ignoring the fact that he was convicted because he's guilty, and he's guilty because he was convicted.

I am very familar with this line of reasoning. This is why it is so important for Sandusky's appeal to gain traction and for Superior Court to order evidentiary hearing. If there are evidentiary hearings, then the odds of Sandusky's appeal being successful go up dramatically. If not, Sandusky should go straight to Federal Court.

Thanks for the info. I will need to check it out.

I understand that Ziegler is working on a new project as his framing paterno web site has temporally gone silent. JZ says to check back to the web site for updates.

http://www.framingpaterno.com//

John Snedden tells me that Ziegler has interviewed him for the new project but he doesn't expect that anything will happen for several months. Rumor has it that Ziegler is being paid ~50K for his work on the project.
Francofan, check out the post I made in the thread about Outcry this AM, and it will give you a little back ground on the Showtime Documentary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT