ADVERTISEMENT

Open your eyes Penn State. Open your eyes Penn State alums.

francofan

Oct 26, 2015

Intresting tweet by Liz Habib, a Pitt alum and a sports anchor in Los Angeles. She chides Penn State alumns in response to John Ziegler's tweet about claimant Glenn Neff's recent arrest in Lock Haven for writing a bad check for $47,006. Neff won a $7 million settlement from Penn State. Ziegler interviewed Neff's friend Chadd Buskirk who alleges that Neff tried to bribe him to corroborate Neff's story of abuse.

She's the one that must have been sleeping for the last 8 years. Don't we already know what a sham the payouts were?

You and I might realize what a sham the payouts have been, but I certainly don't believe that is commonly known. The only person that I know who has written a story about it is Ralph Cipriano and I haven't seen others in the media or on the internet referring to Cipriano's easy money story.

https://www.bigtrial.net/2018/08/easy-money-in-sandusky-case-penn-state.html

You and I might realize what a sham the payouts have been, but I certainly don't believe that is commonly known. The only person that I know who has written a story about it is Ralph Cipriano and I haven't seen others in the media or on the internet referring to Cipriano's easy money story.

First, I appreciate and respect what you do. Nittpicker said it better than me. Penn Staters have been awake for 8 years. She should use her MS Word "replace" function, remove all references to Penn State and address her worthless tweet to the rest of the college football world. I find her "panther DNA" BS to be insulting.

First, I appreciate and respect what you do. Nittpicker said it better than me. Penn Staters have been awake for 8 years. She should use her MS Word "replace" function, remove all references to Penn State and address her worthless tweet to the rest of the college football world. I find her "panther DNA" BS to be insulting.

I don't fault Liz Habib at all. I appreciate anybody and everybody in the media who try to expose the fiasco for what it is.

Don't chide Penn State alums. The university has made it clear our thoughts don't matter. Instead, chide the people who approved the settlements with no vetting.

I agree that Penn State alums, who are in fact victim in this story, do not deserve any blame. Off the top, the parties that I believe are most responsible for the mess that has occurred include Tom Corbett, Frank Fina and the OAG, the Penn State BOT, Louis Freeh, Mark Emmert and the NCAA, the Pennsylvania judiciary, and the media.

Last edited:
I’ll ask a stupid question. How does writing a bad check make neff a fraud with respect to sandusky? On the surface, it suggests he blew through the settlement money. What does this have to do neff’s claims of being a victim of sandusky?

Now, I realize that many of these alleged victims have sketchy backgrounds, but please explain how writing a bad check makes someone a fraud with respect to sandusky. Are we discrediting neff just to discredit him?

Reactions: PSUSignore
I’ll ask a stupid question. How does writing a bad check make neff a fraud with respect to sandusky? On the surface, it suggests he blew through the settlement money. What does this have to do neff’s claims of being a victim of sandusky?

Now, I realize that many of these alleged victims have sketchy backgrounds, but please explain how writing a bad check makes someone a fraud with respect to sandusky. Are we discrediting neff just to discredit him?

It's a start.

I've never stated that Sandusky is completely innocent. I do think that the fact that he was convicted in a trial that included a disgraced judge and a prosecutor who, because of his actions in this and related matters, has lost his license to practice......combined with the fact that several accusers are of questionable character.......should earn him another trial. I think it would be beneficial to all to expose the truth to the light of day. Then let the chips fall where they may. It's enough to make a custodian cry.....God only knows........

I'm not listening to Ziegler. The man can never directly come to the point.

So supposedly Neff tried to bribe Buskirk to help him concoct a story about Neff being abused. And Buskirk never came forward to the authorities or to PSU? So we're now supposed to deem him credible? Okay, about as much as I do Magic Mike McQueary.

Reactions: bison13 and psuro
Don't chide Penn State alums. The university has made it clear our thoughts don't matter. Instead, chide the people who approved the settlements with no vetting.

^^^THIS^^^
It's not the alums. The University refuses to advocate for itself or the truth. Defending an organization that has no interest in defending itself is pointless.
It's why the university has not seen a dime from me since 2011. No sense in throwing good money after bad.

So supposedly Neff tried to bribe Buskirk to help him concoct a story about Neff being abused. And Buskirk never came forward to the authorities or to PSU? So we're now supposed to deem him credible? Okay, about as much as I do Magic Mike McQueary.

I get the point, but the way things have gone, it probably would not have mattered had Buskirk come forward.

Reactions: nits74 and Bob78

I find Chadd Buskirk alot more credible than Glenn Neff. I just don't see Buskirk's motivation to lie. OTOH, I can see 7 million reasons why Glenn Neff might want to embellish his story.

I am not a big fan Ziegler, but I will acknowledge that he has done some good research on the story. I don't blame you for not wanting to listen to Ziegler. I also agree with you that I don't find Mike McQueary credible and John Snedden I believe sums it up the best for why McQueary is not credible.

"I don't think you can say he's credible," Snedden said about McQueary. Why? Because he told "so many different stories," Snedden said. McQueary's stories about what he thought he saw or heard in the shower ranged from rough horseplay and/or wrestling all the way up to sex.

Which story, Snedden asked, do you want to believe?

"None of it makes any sense," Snedden said about McQueary's tale. "It's not a credible story."

Back in 2001, Snedden said, Mike McQueary was a 26-year-old, 6-foot-5, 240-pound former college quarterback used to running away from 350-pound defensive linemen.

If McQueary actually saw Jerry Sandusky raping a young boy in the shower, Snedden said, he probably would have done something to stop it.

"I think your moral compass would cause you to act and not just flee," Snedden said.

If McQueary really thought he was witnessing a sexual assault on a child, Snedden said, wouldn't he have gotten between the victim and a "wet, defenseless naked 57-year-old guy in the shower?"

Or, if McQueary decided he wasn't going to physically intervene, Snedden said, then why didn't he call the cops from the Lasch Building? The locker room where McQueary supposedly saw Sandusky with the boy in the showers.

No one gives a shit except for a merry band of idiots that post on BWI.

You must care or you wouldn't be posting. Serious question (but I seriously doubt you will give a serious reply) - Why do you care about perpetuating the OAG narratives of the story

I does not discredit him directly. But it does reinforce that he is not honest and is willing to be dishonest for financial gain. Take from that what you will.

Why do you care about perpetuating the OAG narratives of the story
Because I have more important things than Jerry Sandusky to think about on a daily basis. And I enjoy calling out conspiracy nuts like you. How's that fundraising for Soapy's defense going for you?

No one gives a shit except for a merry band of idiots that post on BWI.

Ah nice to see some things never change. Back again with your misinformed and moronic posts and ad hominem attacks. Unlike you, the “idiots” who post on this subject have intellectual capacity and don’t accept the false narrative you obviously have swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Reactions: francofan
Because I have more important things than Jerry Sandusky to think about on a daily basis. And I enjoy calling out conspiracy nuts like you. How's that fundraising for Soapy's defense going for you?

I believe fundraising is going fine. The person to ask is Dick Anderson.

Sandusky has added a new lawyer, Phil Lauer, to his team. He made their latest filing in their current appeal over a month ago. Jennifer (Peterson) Buck submitted a response for the OAG on Aug. 7. Superior Court prothonotary will now list the appeal on the next available submit panel. I am guessing that Superior Court will address in Sept. By rights they should give the appeal traction and order evidentiary hearings.

Big trial has the details on Sandusky's latest filing.

https://www.bigtrial.net/2020/07/sanduskys-lawyer-seeks-to-depose-bad.html

Reactions: gslachta
Sandusky aside I’m wondering what type of idiot accepts a check for around $47,000 and hands over the product ( whatever it is )without verifying that the check is good. I’ve written some pretty hefty checks when purchasing vehicle's, but I naively assumed that the delay in “ prepping “ the car was partly caused by someone verifying my check. If this is common practice among car dealers I’m getting dressed and going down to my local Bentley dealer.

There is a new documentary on Showtime called Outcry, about a child sex abuse case. It does a good job of showing how a corrupt prosecution can lead to an innocent person finding themselves behind bars and labeled a pedophile. Like Jerry.

Thanks for the info. I will need to check it out.

I understand that Ziegler is working on a new project as his framing paterno web site has temporally gone silent. JZ says to check back to the web site for updates.

http://www.framingpaterno.com//

John Snedden tells me that Ziegler has interviewed him for the new project but he doesn't expect that anything will happen for several months. Rumor has it that Ziegler is being paid ~50K for his work on the project.

Intresting tweet by Liz Habib, a Pitt alum and a sports anchor in Los Angeles. She chides Penn State alumns in response to John Ziegler's tweet about claimant Glenn Neff's recent arrest in Lock Haven for writing a bad check for $47,006. Neff won a $7 million settlement from Penn State. Ziegler interviewed Neff's friend Chadd Buskirk who alleges that Neff tried to bribe him to corroborate Neff's story of abuse.
Seriously how do you blow through $7mil in 6-7 years? Reminds of the movie Blank Check that my kids watched years ago.

Seriously how do you blow through $7mil in 6-7 years? Reminds of the movie Blank Check that my kids watched years ago.

I believe the settlements are structured to be paid once a year over a number of years. I am guessing that Neff has burned through whatever money he has received. In Cipriano's easy money blog post, Ralph details a court case that a judge denied Neff the opportunity to cash out for a lessor amount.

--------------

In contrast to Dr. Ziv's faith in the veracity of alleged victims of abuse, a judge recently questioned the credibility of Glenn Neff, an alleged victim of Sandusky's who was attempting to gain immediate access to the confidential settlement of $7 million that he received last year from Penn State.

According to the Chester County Daily Local News, on July 17th, Chester County Judge William P. Mahon "angrily dismissed" a request to transfer assets from Neff's multimillion-dollar settlement that was sought by a Delaware-based financial firm. The newspaper did not name Neff as a victim, because of a typical media policy of self-censorship when it comes to alleged victims of sex abuse, but Neff's name was printed on legal documents in the case.

According to the newspaper, the Delaware firm sought court approval of a plan to convert $2.99 million from Neff's 2017 settlement into $850,000 in cash. In court, Neff testified that he needed the money to bolster his tree-trimming business and his wife wanted to expand a beauty salon.

But Judge Mahon said the proposed settlement, the third in the case, was "riddled with sketchy assertions about [Neff's] financial well-being that were contradicted by statements" Neff made in court.

"I am beginning to wonder what the heck is going on," the judge said, adding "these petitions are completely unreliable."

"This is abysmal," the judge said, before declaring, "Petition dismissed." The judge compared the behavior of the many firms seeking to gain access to Neff's settlement by offering immediate cash to "sharks with blood in the water."

In his claim, Neff alleged that he was sexually abused by Sandusky "on multiple dates between January 2004 and May 2005," including oral and anal rapes, but didn't tell anybody about it until 2016.

As he left the hearing, according to the story filed by reporter Michael Rellahan, Neff refused to answer a reporter's questions, and Neff's wife "shouted before making an obscene gesture while boarding an elevator."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT