ADVERTISEMENT

ONE and ONLY ONE REASON PSU football is again relevant

eloracv

Sep 22, 2007
A fine piece of writing...by one who wishes to remain anonymous

"While the Penn State "leadership" will continue, tomorrow and through the bowl game, to pat themselves on the back for the football team's nice little run back to relevance... everyone should remember that there is ONE and ONLY ONE REASON that the university has the opportunity to even be in this situation. It was the persistent efforts of the Paterno family, fans, and a handful of faithful trustees, faculty, former players and alumni who stood up, wrote the checks, fought the system and LITIGATED and pressured the NCAA to have the sanctions dropped, scholarships reinstated and post-season bans lifted. The current group "in charge" of the school not only helped put the sanctions on the program...but did NOTHING...repeat NOTHING...to fight them or get them repealed. It is guaranteed many of those same folks will be up in suites in Indianapolis and in a random bowl game at the end of the month...sipping wine and cocktails and basking in the passions and efforts of others. To you we say "Enjoy."...we have been keeping score since this started...and it will be your last opportunity to do so. To the kids...make yourselves, your teammates, your families, your fellow students and fans proud. But be wary of the people above you who will steal the credit for helping get you there. We Are...We Always Have Been...And Always Will Be..."

Last edited:
I'd also give a lot of the credit to Mauti, Zordich, and the rest of the guys on the team in 2012 that decided to stick it out (and Bill O'Brien). Another 10-20 of those guys jump ship and I don't think we're at this same point today.
I'd also give a lot of the credit to Mauti, Zordich, and the rest of the guys on the team in 2012 that decided to stick it out (and Bill O'Brien). Another 10-20 of those guys jump ship and I don't think we're at this same point today.
"former players" are included...

Reactions: PSUCYCLING
"former players" are included...

When you said ""It was the persistent efforts of the Paterno family and a handful of faithful trustees, faculty, former players and alumni who stood up, wrote the checks, fought the system and LITIGATED and pressured the NCAA to have the sanctions dropped, scholarships reinstated and post-season bans lifted.", I took that to mean those that fought the sanctions and NCAA. I'd say those guys staying in 2012 was just as, if not more, important. Sanctions or no sanctions, we have a shell of a team that's getting our butts handed to us on the field every week and it would have taken much longer for recruiting to recover.

"While the Penn State "leadership" will continue, tomorrow and through the bowl game, to pat themselves on the back for the football team's nice little run back to relevance... everyone should remember that there is ONE and ONLY ONE REASON that the university has the opportunity to even be in this situation. It was the persistent efforts of the Paterno family and a handful of faithful trustees, faculty, former players and alumni who stood up, wrote the checks, fought the system and LITIGATED and pressured the NCAA to have the sanctions dropped, scholarships reinstated and post-season bans lifted. The current group "in charge" of the school not only helped put the sanctions on the program...but did NOTHING...repeat NOTHING...to fight them or get them repealed. It is guaranteed many of those same folks will be up in suites in Indianapolis and in a random bowl game at the end of the month...sipping wine and cocktails and basking in the passions and efforts of others. To you we say "Enjoy."...we have been keeping score since this started...and it will be your last opportunity to do so. To the kids...make yourselves, your teammates, your families, your fellow students and fans proud. But be wary of the people above you who will steal the credit for helping get you there. We Are...We Always Have Been...And Always Will Be..."

The author is full of crap. He has no idea who was fighting to reduce and remove the sanctions.
And one of the biggest reasons we are here is because of the excellent job of identifying
and hiring two excellent coaches, O'Brien and Franklin, who helped mend a severely damaged program.
Those running the athletic department deserve our thanks.

I thank them, but I give credit to the fans. The Fans stuck with the program through thick and thin. I've had people warn me to now wear PSU gear, to take off my PSU bag tag in professional settings, to tamp down my enthusiasm. But I am not taking credit, I go to a game every fall. I've been lucky going to Ireland and watching the 4OT win over UM. But I am always in awe that PSU drew 90,000+ in just about every game from Kent to Buffalo to Ohio.... the revenue sustained the program. kids saw and wanted to play here.

I guess that foundation was laid by the Paterno's, so catch your point. But in the end, it was the fans that saved Penn State.

The author is full of crap. He has no idea who was fighting to reduce and remove the sanctions.
And one of the biggest reasons we are here is because of the excellent job of identifying
and hiring two excellent coaches, O'Brien and Franklin, who helped mend a severely damaged program.
Yeah, all of those dumbass players and coaches thinking that they had anything to do with the success of this team...

No. not quite. Please make sure to puck up your hat and cost as you exit the door

And take CRM with you.

Reactions: hemo
I thank them, but I give credit to the fans. The Fans stuck with the program through thick and thin. I've had people warn me to now wear PSU gear, to take off my PSU bag tag in professional settings, to tamp down my enthusiasm. But I am not taking credit, I go to a game every fall. I've been lucky going to Ireland and watching the 4OT win over UM. But I am always in awe that PSU drew 90,000+ in just about every game from Kent to Buffalo to Ohio.... the revenue sustained the program. kids saw and wanted to play here.

I guess that foundation was laid by the Paterno's, so catch your point. But in the end, it was the fans that saved Penn State.

Agree and added...

Unless you know who the author is you have no idea what he or she knows, or does not know.

Thanks to so many. No thanks to John Surma, Tom Corbett, Judas Joyner, Paul Suhey, Ken Frazier, Karen Peetz, Ira Lubert, Frank Fina, Jonelle Eshbach, all names that live in infamy. So many have rallied around PSU Football. The young men like Mauti and Zordich exemplified the kind of character individuals that Joe recruited. When the chips were down they led the way.
Don't ever forget that the very individuals that were trusted to protect Penn State acted purely in their own self interest and used JVP and PSU Football as a shield to protect those interests. I hope like hell none of them ever come near a PSU Football Game again.

"While the Penn State "leadership" will continue, tomorrow and through the bowl game, to pat themselves on the back for the football team's nice little run back to relevance... everyone should remember that there is ONE and ONLY ONE REASON that the university has the opportunity to even be in this situation. It was the persistent efforts of the Paterno family, fans, and a handful of faithful trustees, faculty, former players and alumni who stood up, wrote the checks, fought the system and LITIGATED and pressured the NCAA to have the sanctions dropped, scholarships reinstated and post-season bans lifted. The current group "in charge" of the school not only helped put the sanctions on the program...but did NOTHING...repeat NOTHING...to fight them or get them repealed. It is guaranteed many of those same folks will be up in suites in Indianapolis and in a random bowl game at the end of the month...sipping wine and cocktails and basking in the passions and efforts of others. To you we say "Enjoy."...we have been keeping score since this started...and it will be your last opportunity to do so. To the kids...make yourselves, your teammates, your families, your fellow students and fans proud. But be wary of the people above you who will steal the credit for helping get you there. We Are...We Always Have Been...And Always Will Be..."

Lots of truth in this article. The same people who fired Joe probably would have welcomed the death penalty for the football program. Just eliminate it as penance for the Sandusky thing. Joe's legacy is all that held it together in the end. Without Joe we would not have had a quality football program in the first place and we wouldn't have one now.

,Who are you kidding. The facts are that no established college coach would consider taking the PSU job after The Ship of Fools stabbed Joe in the back. Jaws called Ira and let him know that BOB was out of a job.
Identifying James Franklin? He always wanted to be at PSU and anyone with half a brain would have gone after him when BOB left.

Reactions: 91Joe95

This just really isn't the time for this. I understand the point, and I was part of the original Rally 4 Resignations, but right now isn't the time.

Especially putting the Paterno family ahead of others in the list. Just not the time.

LdN

not a fan of this statement

THIS

My prediction for Saturday night:

Penn State wins the football game. B1G Champions!

In the post-game, Jim Delany presents the trophy to James Franklin, and Franklin begins to talk. But out of nowhere, Jay appears on the podium! And he says this:

"Yo, James, I'm really happy for you! And I'm gonna let you finish! But, first, I just wanted to say that my family is responsible for all of this. My family was the best Penn Staters of all time!"

And with that, Jay leaves the stage as suddenly as he appeared.

Remember when the corrupt OG BOT scumbags who conspired with Corbutt and the NCAA to destroy PSU and establish the "false narrative" had FLO do a slide presentation at the BOT Off-Site that said "Law Suits ARE NOT helping"???

Oh yea, the press was magically invited and picked up the story and ran with it that the Paterno et al lawsuit was harming the University and Football team when absolutely nothing could be further from the truth! LMFAO!!!

In the post-game, Jim Delany presents the trophy to James Franklin, and Franklin begins to talk. But out of nowhere, Jay appears on the podium! And he says this:

"Yo, James, I'm really happy for you! And I'm gonna let you finish! But, first, I just wanted to say that my family is responsible for all of this. My family was the best Penn Staters of all time!"

LIsten you POS shizhole dope, care to explain to me why the PSU fan base roundly boo'ed the b1g shizhole representative at the presentation of the b1g East Division Trophy last Saturday? (just like Delany will be boo'ed if PSU wins tomorrow night!).

And how do you think Franklin would have done/ be doing had the sanctions been allowed to run their course? You can be sure that any number of players currently on the team wouldn't.

I think the reason Penn State is relevant again, is the current coaching staff and the current players. The past is over, this is 2016.

Some people love living in the past. PSU football was very relevant before Paterno but then he built it higher and let it sink by his refusal to retire and his nepotism. When he said during the dark years that fans would "just have to lower their expectations", I knew he believed the hype that he was Penn State football. Coaches O'Brien and Franklin have proved that wrong. I love having
a young, aggressive, enthusiastic, innovative, winning coach. If Paterno had fulfilled his promise
"To retire when I can no longer do the job." he would still be revered and half of Centre County
including the stadium would be named after him and there would be a statue on almost every corner. Those of you that put him on a pedestal and wish to return him to that spot are partially
responsible for his downfall.

Reactions: dksdr1
Don't know much about tOSU
Don't know much about Purdue
Don't know much about that Delany crook
Don't think much about the Hairball’s look

But I do know that I love PSU
And I know that if you love it too
What a wonderful world this would be

Don't know much Rutgers trash
Wisconsin fans can kiss my ass
Don't know much about MSU
Don't know why there is maize and blue

But I do know one and one is two
And if this one could be with PSU
What a wonderful world this would be

And how do you think Franklin would have done/ be doing had the sanctions been allowed to run their course? You can be sure that any number of players currently on the team wouldn't.

If the sanctions had run their course PSU would not be 10 and 2. But you have no idea
who was responsible for getting the sanctions reduced and then removed. If you are implying
it was the Paterno family and ex players, you are wrong.

If the sanctions had run their course PSU would not be 10 and 2. But you have no idea
who was responsible for getting the sanctions reduced and then removed. If you are implying

Actually, I do and it certainly wasn't the PSU administration.

Only a dope would ignore the obvious. Had the sanctions not been lifted, PSU most certainly would not be here. It's almost as if you want to defy their success in enabling PSU to have a full roster and play bowl games. Why? Are you that sick?

The removal of sanctions was done because elected POLITICIANS (they always like a press driven fight) were getting involved and the NCAA wanted NO PART of that !!! So far easier to "run away". Plus they knew they had WAY overstepped their authority.

Only a dope would ignore the obvious. Had the sanctions not been lifted, PSU most certainly would not be here. It's almost as if you want to defy their success in enabling PSU to have a full roster and play bowl games. Why? Are you that sick?
Read this board long enough and its proof that not one penny of medical research money goes into finding the cure for stupid.

That is the most stupid thing I've ever read.

You're completely full of $hit that "we don't know" what the catalyst was for the removal of sanctions by NCAA! The removal of the sanctions was driven by the lawsuits initiated against the NCAA and sustained by the Paterno et al suit (the Corman/McCord for State of PA v NCAA worked extremely closely with the Paterno family, the "rogue" alumni-elected BOT members and former players/coaches that filed the two separate lawsuits that got combined into "Paterno et al v NCAA"). To claim otherwise is nothing but "re-creationist history" by the corrupt POS a-holes who threw the PSU Football Program under the bus as a useful "foil" to shamelessly and cowardly protect themselves in the first place!!!

You're completely full of $hit that "we don't know" what the catalyst was for the removal of sanctions by NCAA! The removal of the sanctions was driven by the lawsuits initiated against the NCAA and sustained by the Paterno et al suit (the Corman/McCord for State of PA v NCAA worked extremely closely with the Paterno family, the "rogue" alumni-elected BOT members and former players/coaches that filed the two separate lawsuits that got combined into "Paterno et al v NCAA). To claim otherwise is nothing but "re-creationist history" by the corrupt POS a-holes who threw the PSU Football Program under the bus as a useful "foil" to shamelessly and cowardly protect themselves in the first place!!!

From which of my posts did you quote me as saying "we don't know"? Learn to read. And everyone knows you haven't a clue.

From which of my posts did you quote me as saying "we don't know"? Learn to read. And everyone knows you haven't a clue.

Yes, I haven't a clue from the POS servile douche who defends the corrupt, cowardly scum, thieves and whores who threw the Football Program under the bus, and created the "False Narrative" in the first place to use as a "foil", to protect themselves - go figure!

Considering the source, I think a good hearty GFY boot-licker is in order!

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT