ADVERTISEMENT

On the upside, I think we actually learned quite a lot about Franklin and his staff

PeetzPoolBoy

Sep 24, 2013
these past two weeks. I'm not into "fuzzy warm smoke". The on-field results represent themselves.

Woeful.....just woeful. That said....what does it take to get "James out of State College"?

I'll happily donate.

At what point does someone sit down with Franklin and tell him its time to hire some proven coordinators. He should restructure his deal if it's necessary to get the money to pay for them.

It's the missing component. Franklin is Bobby Bowden. It's time to go get a Mark Richt and then Mickey Andrews.

Cant get rid of him and I don't want to. But he's gotta figure it out of why this keeps happening. Its not like they are getting mopped off the field. Its key decisions and the "little things" by this coaching staff that continue to cost them wins in the same fashion, over and over and over and over.

It starts and ends with him. It's infuriating how this keeps happening.

At what point does someone sit down with Franklin and tell him its time to hire some proven coordinators. He should restructure his deal if it's necessary to get the money to pay for them.

It's the missing component. Franklin is Bobby Bowden. It's time to go get a Mark Richt and then Mickey Andrews.

Coordinators. Coordinators. Coordinators. An elite program can’t have two first time coordinators learning on the job. Thought I will say of the two I think Pry shows the most upside. I know we have 4th quarter breakdowns, but when the other team has a 10 minute time of possession advantage those things are going to happen.

Coordinators. Coordinators. Coordinators. An elite program can’t have two first time coordinators learning on the job. Thought I will say of the two I think Pry shows the most upside. I know we have 4th quarter breakdowns, but when the other team has a 10 minute time of possession advantage those things are going to happen.
Pry has blown several games. By they way he is in his 3rd year. After averaging almost 50 points a game Rahne may have a down game.

Why are you blaming coordinators? Isn't that the job of the Head Coach?

Reactions: lurkerlion
Why are you blaming coordinators? Isn't that the job of the Head Coach?

No. The head coach does not come up with the offensive and defensive game plans. Just like a conductor does not run around ala Speedy Gonzales playing all the instruments in a band.

these past two weeks. I'm not into "fuzzy warm smoke". The on-field results represent themselves.

Woeful.....just woeful. That said....what does it take to get "James out of State College"?

I'll happily donate.

You must be kidding.

Not sure Pry is the one I would keep. Watching these games I don’t see any adjustments that stand out.

I'm not a troll. I'm simply a Realist who realizes that PSU Football Inc will never be legitimately successful under Franklin.

James is a nice person, but PSU needs and deserves a real X's and O's Head Coach who actually understands the game.

I'm sorry if my harsh words of truth offend you.

This defense can’t stop giving up 80+ yard 4rth quarter drives to lose games. Pry is horrible given the talent he has to work with.

Reactions: BeachedLion
I'm not a troll. I'm simply a Realist who realizes that PSU Football Inc will never be legitimately successful under Franklin.

James is a nice person, but PSU needs and deserves a real X's and O's Head Coach who actually understands the game.

“I’m simply a Realist who realizes that PSU Football Inc will never be legitimately successful under Franklin.”?

WTF. Yeah, not many programs would want our success on and off the field the last several seasons coming off the worst penalties ever handed out, the most incredible home game experience in the country, recruiting, reenergizing a tired fan base, top 10 finishes, bowl wins, etc.

Perhaps this has been “illegitimate” success?

No your pretty much a troll

We certainly have seen a lot of coaching changes that we never experienced in the past.

I'll happily donate.
Man, I don't have any idea if you're a troll or have to unfairly carry the "racist" tag some folks here have burdened you with. None of that matters since this is a message board after all and people can be who they are. But I think we can say this from 99.9 percent of your posts. In a world of energy givers and energy takers, you're clearly the latter. When good things happen, your presence is rare. When bad things happen you're all over the place contributing to the joy of chaos. You take a perverse pleasure in the team's failure. You fit the bill "they only come out at night, mostly".

Reactions: 81b&w
Good luck finding your new team to cheer for in the future. Your time with this team has expired.

"When good things happen, your presence is rare."
And even during good times, I'm sure he's happy to point out the most minute errors of the team.

OL

Reactions: 81b&w

I'll happily donate.

He's just soooooooo close to being "elite"............

No. The head coach does not come up with the offensive and defensive game plans. Just like a conductor does not run around ala Speedy Gonzales playing all the instruments in a band.
Good head coaches should be involved with the game plan in every aspect. It's their name in the line. They should know how they are going to attack the D and how they will stop the O. They need to know what the special teams skill is
Just like the conductor they better know how it all fits otherwise you just get a bunch of individuals playing

Rahne had a rough day. He needs to pick up his game.
Maybe he does need to be on the sidelines, they have no rhythm on O, if he were on the sidelines maybe he could get a better feel of the game and do more coaching.
The D played well for most of the game until the end and can’t put that on Pry, if the DB’s make a catch they win the game.
When you keep giving teams second chances eventually it’s going to bite you.
Also, other than KJ the WR have been disappointing.
Trace also had a rough day yesterday as did Reid and AA.
But anyone to claim that Franklin doesn’t understand Xs and Os is ridiculous.
Franklin is a great coach, we are lucky to have him.

This defense can’t stop giving up 80+ yard 4rth quarter drives to lose games. Pry is horrible given the talent he has to work with.

Defense at the end of a close game is tough. The D is not as fresh as earlier in the game, while the opponent's offense is going to aggressively try to move the chains and use all four downs if necessary. If you keep giving the opposing team chances (MSU had three possessions down 17-14 in the 4th quarter) the dam will probably burst at some point.

IMO PSU lost this game far more on offense.

Always a prick

I don't mind him being a prick actually. It actually gives him a small amount of entertainment value. It's when he's a racist prick, as he was when he started this thread, that I don't particularly like it.

I don't mind him being a prick actually. It actually gives him a small amount of entertainment value. It's when he's a racist prick, as he was when he started this thread, that I don't particularly like it.

Take it to the Test Board.

Vanderbilt fans were appreciative of him, our fan base not so much. But I forgot, before he got here we were winning NC’s every year, racking up 11 and 12 wins, and collecting Big 10 championships like they were candy. He ran us into the ground.

“I’m simply a Realist who realizes that PSU Football Inc will never be legitimately successful under Franklin.”?

WTF. Yeah, not many programs would want our success on and off the field the last several seasons coming off the worst penalties ever handed out, the most incredible home game experience in the country, recruiting, reenergizing a tired fan base, top 10 finishes, bowl wins, etc.

Perhaps this has been “illegitimate” success?
If can’t play for a national title, it’s all really pointless.

Defense did not lose this game. They were on the field way too much. If the offense could have made a couple of first downs late in the game after defensive stops, we would have won the game.

Defense at the end of a close game is tough. The D is not as fresh as earlier in the game, while the opponent's offense is going to aggressively try to move the chains and use all four downs if necessary. If you keep giving the opposing team chances (MSU had three possessions down 17-14 in the 4th quarter) the dam will probably burst at some point.

IMO PSU lost this game far more on offense.
Yea, Dantonio punted with what?, 2 min. to go and our offense used what?, 25 seconds of the clock? Defense did not lose the game.

Reactions: Aloha T
Real question is .... is Franklin paid millions of dollars a year to create a playoff team? And I see nothing on this guy’s post that points to it being racist. NPC.

Good head coaches should be involved with the game plan in every aspect. It's their name in the line. They should know how they are going to attack the D and how they will stop the O.
Be careful, Sluggo. Joe Paterno said that Sandusky/Bradley/Ganter would bring him their game plans on Monday. He'd approve or make adjustments, but usually let the coordinators do their thing.

OL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT