ADVERTISEMENT

Football OL Rasheed Walker declaring for 2022 NFL Draft

I believe he was on crutches for the Outback Bowl. Good luck to him, he make third team all B1G this year.

He clearly wasn’t putting much effort into his craft this year. If he was going to return with that attitude it’s much better he leaves

Reactions: m48tank
Some of these kids are delusional. That or they’re phoning it in in the hope that they don’t get injured and hurt their draft stock - or what they believe to be their draft stock. I think we saw several players doing that this year.

Some of these kids are delusional. That or they’re phoning it in in the hope that they don’t get injured and hurt their draft stock - or what they believe to be their draft stock. I think we saw several players doing that this year.
The kid that just declared has been on crutches for at least a week so delusion might be a serious key for him.

The delusional people on here are the ones who continually trash our players pre draft, watch them get drafted higher than they expected, and then do the same the next year.

The delusional people on here are the ones who continually trash our players pre draft, watch them get drafted higher than they expected, and then do the same the next year.
Did you not watch him play this year? I think sometimes you comment is right but I would side with the naysayers as far as this one goes.

Did you not watch him play this year? I think sometimes you comment is right but I would side with the naysayers as far as this one goes.
I seem to recall a graphic posted on the TV broadcast of the game vs Michigan State that both starting tackles Wallace and Walker had given up double digit sacks for the season.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
Why don't people believe Walker will get drafted? Did he underperform/achieve here? Absolutely but the kid has potential. It would have been shocking if he didn't declare. Likely goes late day 2 or early day 3.

Reactions: bison13
Why don't people believe Walker will get drafted? Did he underperform/achieve here? Absolutely but the kid has potential. It would have been shocking if he didn't declare. Likely goes late day 2 or early day 3.
If that’s the case, that a player can perform poorly in college but still be highly drafted/sought after by the NFL, why bother playing college ball? Workout, keep yourself healthy and enter the draft after three years or when they turn 21.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
If that’s the case, that a player can perform poorly in college but still be highly drafted/sought after by the NFL, why bother playing college ball? Workout, keep yourself healthy and enter the draft after three years or when they turn 21.
How often have when seen players underperform in college and still go 2nd day or early 3rd day? Coaches will watch the film and believe they can fix the flaws because of the overall skill set. It's been this way forever.

Reactions: bison13
I am ordinarily in the players' corner. This time I am nt. His effort this year was as bad as his play. Whether he gets drafted or not is immaterial. I think we are better off without his attitude.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, Walker must think all NFL Teams don't have 12 games of him on film.

What we need fixed is our lockeroom culture. We have WAY too many players that think they are WAY better than they are.
I think he understands his draft prospects. His performance this year didn't help his position but I saw a mock draft that had him going in the 6th round.

How often have when seen players underperform in college and still go 2nd day or early 3rd day? Coaches will watch the film and believe they can fix the flaws because of the overall skill set. It's been this way forever.
What does that say about our staff?

What does that say about our staff?
Maybe nothing--maybe a lot. Some kids just lack the motivation/dedication.

I remember people being shocked that Donovon Smith declared early then went early 2nd. He's a great example of being drafted based on potential.

Reactions: KC-KS-Lion
Maybe nothing--maybe a lot. Some kids just lack the motivation/dedication.

I remember people being shocked that Donovon Smith declared early then went early 2nd. He's a great example of being drafted based on potential.
Every time I seem him play, he seems to be a wall around Brady. Can't say as i remember his play at Penn State.

He clearly wasn’t putting much effort into his craft this year. If he was going to return with that attitude it’s much better he leaves
Yes his effort on the first 2 plays against Michigan was pathetic. Probably should have nicknamed him the “Matador”.

Here's one with him at 33 overall. Who knows honestly...
Did you see the description in this mock draft of Dotson who he predicts going to the Falcons at #46? Obviously his opinion of Clifford matches mine.....

Dotson provided some huge plays to lead Penn State to the road upset over Wisconsin to open 2021, but it would have been a prolific game if Dotson had a competent quarterback to work with. He was wide open for would-be touchdowns of over 80 yards, 70 yards and 60 yards, but terrible passes by Sean Clifford blew those opportunities. Dotson's stat line of five receptions for 102 yards and a touchdown does not tell the story of how phenomenal he was. He made string of acrobatic leaping grabs to help beat Auburn as well. In 2021, Dotson totaled 91 receptions for 1,182 yards and 12 touchdowns.

That’s great news for PSU and Clifford/young QBs for next year. Walker was probably biggest flop this yr— instead of having a franchise LT to protect QBs blind side— he was a turnstile showing lazy, sleepy play and practically chaperoning DE to Clifford. The start of Michigan game was criminal—pros should watch that as he barely stood up from
stance and didn’t even show emotion when Hutchinson blew into pulverize Sean. When we needed a tough yard or two on a running play, no help from Walker either. Now Wallace on RT was just as bad or worse but he didn’t have as high expectations.
So impressed with Fashanu at LT compared to Walker— he engaged who he was supposed to and other than overloaded blitzes had Sean’s back. Could be a win-win— maybe money will motivate Walker to do his job, but he showed no game or pride this year. As much as we all get down on Sean, I highly respect him as he gave it his all and issues were not on effort. Walker may prove to be like Donovan Smith— underperforming in college and better in pros.

Anyone know how Fashanu graded out in bowl
Game from Pro Football weekly or similar experts?

Reactions: TheGLOV
That’s great news for PSU and Clifford/young QBs for next year. Walker was probably biggest flop this yr— instead of having a franchise LT to protect QBs blind side— he was a turnstile showing lazy, sleepy play and practically chaperoning DE to Clifford. The start of Michigan game was criminal—pros should watch that as he barely stood up from
stance and didn’t even show emotion when Hutchinson blew into pulverize Sean
. When we needed a tough yard or two on a running play, no help from Walker either. Now Wallace on RT was just as bad or worse but he didn’t have as high expectations.
So impressed with Fashanu at LT compared to Walker— he engaged who he was supposed to and other than overloaded blitzes had Sean’s back. Could be a win-win— maybe money will motivate Walker to do his job, but he showed no game or pride this year. As much as we all get down on Sean, I highly respect him as he gave it his all and issues were not on effort. Walker may prove to be like Donovan Smith— underperforming in college and better in pros.

Anyone know how Fashanu graded out in bowl
Game from Pro Football weekly or similar experts?
Could it be there are some personality clashes on the team? Maybe they don’t like SC? Or thought other QB should be playing? There were issues last year.......

Yes, and I was not impressed. However, I saw some of the same things with Donovan Smith his last year here. I am not saying Walker goes 1st round, but his physical traits will get him drafted. Maybe the injury he has made him rethink coming back. I have no idea what his thought process is, but it is his choice. Almost every player that has declared this year (and many over the last few, Oweh anyone?) get trashed roundly on this board. It's almost like you are reading Pitt fan takes.

Agreed
Yes, and I was not impressed. However, I saw some of the same things with Donovan Smith his last year here. I am not saying Walker goes 1st round, but his physical traits will get him drafted. Maybe the injury he has made him rethink coming back. I have no idea what his thought process is, but it is his choice. Almost every player that has declared this year (and many over the last few, Oweh anyone?) get trashed roundly on this board. It's almost like you are reading Pitt fan takes.
to a point, but usually there is some truth to the ramblings around here. Has anyone heard of Oweh since like week 9 of the NFL Season? Is he hurt or did NFL teams figure out he is a one trick pony?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, Walker must think all NFL Teams don't have 12 games of him on film.

What we need fixed is our lockeroom culture. We have WAY too many players that think they are WAY better than they are.
He and Brandon Smith are hoping scouts become enamored by combine numbers. Athletic freaks like these 2 will be drafted high due to testing numbers, not on field play.

Im not picking on Walter Camp as it is always the top two sites for mock drafts when you google it. The problem is Walter Camp sites usually end up very wrong at the actual draft.
Back when I followed the Steelers, I would flip through the mock drafts. I don't remember which one I was on, but they had the Steelers taking a player in the first round that didn't get drafted by anyone. I don't think he even made a practice squad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT