ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma took away all our room for error. F Ohio State.

BUFFALO LION

Oct 4, 2001
Suckeyes really screwed us tonight. They win, and we beat them in their house when Oklahoma couldn't, we can afford a loss somewhere else. Now, not only do we HAVE to beat them at home SOUNDLY, but we HAVE to beat everyone else.

Thanks to that pi$$ a$$ OSU performance tonight, we might be looking at giving the Committee a reason to screw us again. Looks like we might be looking at playing another meaningless game against the number two Pac 12 team in the freakin Rose Bowl.

F you Ohio State. You suck!!!

Eh. Run the table in the B1G, and the Lions are in no matter what anyone else does. I think that is very doable. Moreso than yesterday. The veneer of invincibility surrounding the Horseshoe just took a MAJOR hit.

Last edited:
Suckeyes really screwed us tonight. They win, and we beat them in their house when Oklahoma couldn't, we can afford a loss somewhere else. Now, not only do we HAVE to beat them at home SOUNDLY, but we HAVE to beat everyone else.

Thanks to that pi$$ a$$ OSU performance tonight, we might be looking at giving the Committee a reason to screw us again. Looks like we might be looking at playing another meaningless game against the number two Pac 12 team in the freakin Rose Bowl.

So if OSU had won tonight, then we would have no wiggle room at all. If we lost to OSU then they would either be undefeated or maybe have one loss (but a win over us so they're in). Not sure how them losing gives us less wiggle room.

There's plenty of season to go. My guess is that Oklahoma jumps PSU in the rankings this week to #3 and PSU stays 4.

USC seems to be the best of the PAC, Alabama in the SEC, Oklahoma in the big 12, and Clemson in the ACC. We need to root for those teams to lose and Penn St to run the table.

That said, I think we also needed an Ohio St loss. After last year, if we learned anything, it's that the voters are very willing to rank an ESPN hyped Ohio St ahead of Penn St even if Penn St beats Ohio State head to head.

Last edited:
While I think we can all agree on your sentiments toward Ohio St ;), there's plenty of season to go. My guess is that Oklahoma jumps PSU in the rankings this week to #3 and PSU stays 4.

USC seems to be the best of the PAC, Alabama in the SEC, Oklahoma in the big 12, and Clemson in the ACC. We need to root for those teams to lose and Penn St to run the table.

That said, I think we needed an Ohio St loss too. After last year, if we learned anything, it's that the voters are very willing to rank an ESPN hyped Ohio St ahead of Penn St even after Penn St beats Ohio State.

We needed to get rid of Oklahoma and the Big 12.

I hope Pitt hangs 100 on Oklahoma State next week. Then I hope Oklahoma State drills Oklahoma twice. That might help clean tonight's Ohio State's mess up for us.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Eh. Run the table in the B1G, and the Lions are in no matter what anyone else does. I think that is very doable. Moreso than yesterday. The veneer if invincibility surrounding the Horseshoe just took a MAJOR hit.

Ohio State wins tonight, and we beat them at the Shoe, we can afford a loss somewhere else. Now, we HAVE to run the table.

Actually I disagree. My feeling, and I believe history supports this, is that the committee awards both of the teams who play in these early season highly ranked games. The loss to Oklahoma will not hurt Ohio State in the slightest, nor with it hurt anyone who plays and possibly beats Ohio State. Ohio State themselves overcame a loss to Va Tech when they won their title under Meyer. It's one game in a LONG season. Week two my man, let's let this play out a bit more.

There's plenty of season to go. My guess is that Oklahoma jumps PSU in the rankings this week to #3 and PSU stays 4.

That said, I think we also needed an Ohio St loss. After last year, if we learned anything, it's that the voters are very willing to rank an ESPN hyped Ohio St ahead of Penn St even if Penn St beats Ohio State head to head.

If they jump PSU, then they need to jump Clemson also. That was anything but impressive over Auburn. Auburn has an offense on the level of Florida: NO passing game, NO offensive line, and a glorified fullback, and that's all folks.

Too much football to be left to play to have any clue how things finish up. For all we know Oklahoma may lose 3 games. Saying you have to run the table is ridiculous. Unless there are more than 4 one loss teams come December 2 can still e one game.

I hate the whole idea of "room for error." Our room for error is in the early part of each game. Recover, get better as the game goes on. Win them all. If we lose one, they will F us over.

Slow down. Each week osu and Michigan will get better as their players develop and in osu case their new offense takes hold. Let's relax and stay relaxed and focus on each game. Our receivers still have to develop and our secondary needs to keep improving. Also our offensive line needs to do better and mc sorely has to slow down his happy feet and go away from the pressure instead of running into it and then set his feet and find the open receiver.

Reactions: richmin3 and royboy
Beating ranked teams gets respect in the polls and from the committees. Until we do that talking about title shots is a waste of time.

Oklahoma win creates a big opportunity for the Big XII champ to get into the playoff. I think this will get interesting because I can't see more than one unbeaten team this year.

No need to worry about how that OSU loss effects PSU. If we lose in Columbus it will be moot regardless...if we win, it will still come over a top 10 opponent in mid October as opposed to week 2.

Reactions: m48tank
One more good thing about the Bucks crapping in the bed sheets. Micah Parsons was at the OSU-OU game. If we can win in the Shoe, I would think he would need to seriously consider PSU. Tough to read the mind of an 18 year old, but ............
A lot of the '18 recruits at our game- Shorter, Slade, Asiedu, Kuntz, and Luketa, Anderson-Butts.

One more good thing about the Bucks crapping in the bed sheets. Micah Parsons was at the OSU-OU game. If we can win in the Shoe, I would think he would need to seriously consider PSU. Tough to read the mind of an 18 year old, but ............
A lot of the '18 recruits at our game- Shorter, Slade, Asiedu, Kuntz, and Luketa, Anderson-Butts.

Parsons isn't coming to Penn State.

Again, Penn State losing to Pitt put Ohio State in the CFP over us. Worrying about Ohio State losing is not something you should lose sleep over.

Don't worry, Kansas State will take care of Oklahoma.

1. The Rose Bowl wouldn't be a bad thing.
  2. I'm confident that PSU will be in the playoffs IF we finish with only 1 loss
  3. O$U can never lose too often for me.

Reactions: nittnee
PSU has a lot to work on before we can start worrying about making it to the playoff. Pitt isn't close to being the best defense they will face this year and they didn't exactly light it up. Michigan and OSU will be dog fights and there will be another struggle somewhere in there before the end of the year.

I've been willing to give Parsons the benefit of the doubt, but after his tweet about OSU changing QBs (pretty much challenging Meyer, though indirectly), I now believe he will be bad for whatever locker room lands him. He is starting to remind me of the Ball family, thinking he is bigger than the game.

Reactions: Grass
I think we need to worry about our games and everything should be fine.GeorgiaState

OSU screwed us last year. By posting a goose egg against Clemson it sent a message that the BIG champion should be the only team that goes to the CFP. So the mission remains win the BIG. Last night changed nothing.

I've been willing to give Parsons the benefit of the doubt, but after his tweet about OSU changing QBs (pretty much challenging Meyer, though indirectly), I now believe he will be bad for whatever locker room lands him. He is starting to remind me of the Ball family, thinking he is bigger than the game.
I think it may give recruits choosing between two programs something to think about. Parsons name just fills in the blank. He obviously is a hot button topic.

Exactly. Micah Parsons called for the backup qb on twitter while at the game last night; backup QB Dwayne Haskins "liked" the tweet following the game.

That's what you get in your locker room.

1. Alabama
2. Oklahoma
3. Clemson
4. USC
5. Penn State

Is my guess

Thanks for laying that out perfectly.

Ohio State's loss now means all 4 of those teams will now trump us with the Committee at the end of the year if we all have the same number of losses. An Ohio State win would have eliminated not only Oklahoma in an even up situation, but probably the whole Big 12.

If we end up with one loss, with a win at Ohio State, at least one of those 4 teams will need at least two losses for us to have a snowball's chance of getting in. We needed Ohio State undefeated, and slotted no worse than Number 4 today.

Penn State has many difficult games to win. Don't be fooled by the bullshit number beside our name... we were pushed around half the game by Pitt.

Early rankings are as worthless as OSU who Can't seem to win OOC games against ranked opponents as of late.
We were not "pushed around". I counted at least 5 first downs where Pitt made the sticks by less than a yard, and on last second efforts by their running backs. We had 4 sacks and put constant pressure on them when they threw. They ran a number of gimmick plays like the shovel pass for a good portion of their first downs, and they have the best offensive line we will see this year. We played them tough. Watch them against Oklahoma State next week.

I've been willing to give Parsons the benefit of the doubt, but after his tweet about OSU changing QBs (pretty much challenging Meyer, though indirectly), I now believe he will be bad for whatever locker room lands him. He is starting to remind me of NICK SURIANO'S FATHER, thinking he is bigger than the game.

FIXED IT FOR YOU.

not at all. If we lose to Ohio State and Ohio State wins the conference, we finish second in the division, we are automatically in, right?

OMG, stfu already! Rankings mean nothing....and they mean even less than nothing in the 2nd week of the GD season. Pull yourself back from the ledge and enjoy the win yesterday. And besides, the Suckeyes losing is ALWAYS a good thing (unless it helps Michigan). I'm sure you'll whine at some point when they win a game, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT