ADVERTISEMENT

Ok guys - another threat to New Orleans, #5 this year

Fac

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
We dodged the other 4, however, this one is going to be close. It looks like a cat2 and we should be on the west side. They are forecasting winds up to 100 mph for this fast moving storm. I am 22 miles west of N. O. and we could get storm surge up to 5 feet of water. I should be ok but I am a bit concerned about my neighbors huge Oak trees that sit pretty damn close to my house. They did survive Katrina and all of the other storms though. Heavy rain should start around 2 Central time. I'll keep y'all posted.

We dodged the other 4, however, this one is going to be close. It looks like a cat2 and we should be on the west side. They are forecasting winds up to 100 mph for this fast moving storm. I am 22 miles west of N. O. and we could get storm surge up to 5 feet of water. I should be ok but I am a bit concerned about my neighbors huge Oak trees that sit pretty damn close to my house. They did survive Katrina and all of the other storms though. Heavy rain should start around 2 Central time. I'll keep y'all posted.
Wishing you the best! I know some people from Hammond Louisiana. I will have to check up on them via their relatives here.

My prayers go out for you and all in harms way.

We could use one of your trucks about now to evacuate.
Fear not! One is on the way!
colchani-bolivia-old-rusty-truck-village-edge-salar-de-uyuni-uyun-112054715.jpg

Reactions: 81b&w and Fac

Be safe. Wishing you the best.

Do you have a whole house stand by generator?

Take care Fac.

When you live below sea level, and live on the water, what do you expect? You play the game , you pay the price. If you don't like Hurricanes, then move. But other than that, Good Luck, and God Bless and keep you safe.

One more word: Walleye

but a picture is worth a thousand words

FISHING-REPORT-Allegheny-Lake-Erie-walleye-trout-muskellunge-1571328305.jpg
Nice walleye. I took my grandson's out of Geneva On The Lake , fishing in Lake Erie, and we killed them , the walleye's that is. Caught our limit in 2 hrs. My daughter caught the biggest, a 34.5 , 11 pound one. Grandkids had great time .

Reactions: A2Nit and Obliviax
Nice walleye. I took my grandson's out of Geneva On The Lake , fishing in Lake Erie, and we killed them , the walleye's that is. Caught our limit in 2 hrs. My daughter caught the biggest, a 34.5 , 11 pound one. Grandkids had great time .
wow...that's a trophy level Walleye.

I know a captain....he said it was almost too easy this year. Is concerned that people come to expect it. This is NOT me but I caught a 31 inch off a pier a few years ago. I had to drag it up onto the beach because the pier was 15 feet off the water and I was afraid the line would break from the weight.

3498-walleyegif

Reactions: Fac and A2Nit
wow...that's a trophy level Walleye.

I know a captain....he said it was almost too easy this year. Is concerned that people come to expect it. This is NOT me but I caught a 31 inch off a pier a few years ago. I had to drag it up onto the beach because the pier was 15 feet off the water and I was afraid the line would break from the weight.

3498-walleyegif
I have to agree with the captain. Next year should be another good year. I fish in North Dakota , and like the structure fishing there a lot better than planer boards and dipsy divers. Great Walleye. I love the 18 - 24 , best for eathing.

So far just rain and gusty winds. It is supposed to pass through in 2 hours. I guess the worst is approaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT