More to ignore, Book 31....

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014
Fox's Judge Jeanine blasts Biden for violent protests that bubbled up on Trump's watch
Aldous J Pennyfarthing

Because I believe we may actually be living in a simulation (no, really), I sometimes wonder if Judge Jeanine Pirro is just the video game avatar of a ferociously drunk dude who recently fell asleep on his couch with a Tombstone pizza in the oven and The Best of Deep Purple blaring on his hi-fi. It would explain a lot, really.

Then again, it’s more likely that she’s real and has been tasked by the GOP with disrupting the global box wine supply chain so Joe Biden looks bad in the run-up to the 2022 midterms. And she appears to be up to the job ... and then some.
Responding to recent reports that Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, following discussions with President Biden, will step up efforts to prevent anti-vax protesters from blocking key trade routes between the U.S. and Canada, Brundle-barfly urped this multisyllabic slurry:

I have two responses to this:

1) Awww! Are we worried that the economy is rebounding under Biden, and these scofflaws aren’t going to shutter free enterprise after all? Judging by Fox News’ clear hope for a gruesome January jobs report (a report that turned out to be boffo, thankyouverymuch), this is a pretty safe assumption.

2) Wait, Joe Biden “allowed” protesters to burn down businesses in 2020? Was he wearing a tan suit when he did it? Because—and this is burned into my memory, believe me—I seem to recall someone else being president of the United States in 2020. At the time, Biden was a private citizen. Is it possible both Pirro and Donald Trump thought Joe Biden was president in the summer of 2020? Because that would be really weird.

Fox spouts florid nonsense all day long, and no one ever expects their piffle to make sense—least of all the network’s own on-air personalities. But I’m not sure how they blame the current president for something that happened on the previous president’s watch—especially since our new president condemned the actions of the 2020 rioters in no uncertain terms. Contrast that with Donald Trump, who wants to pardon the Jan. 6 rioters who trashed the Capitol, threatened our democracy, and nearly succeeded in assassinating the vice president of the United States.

Seems like maybe Judge Jeanine is selectively remembering—which, to be fair, is probably the only kind of remembering she’s capable of these days. But still, there’s no reason she can’t strive to be better.

It all starts with admitting she has a problem.

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014

Remarks by President Biden at the National Association of Counties 2022 Legislative Conference​

FEBRUARY 15, 2022
Washington Hilton
Washington, D.C.

1:20 P.M. EST

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you, thank you, thank you. (Applause.) Thank you.

Folks, my name is Joe Biden. (Laughter.) And I used to be a county councilman. (Applause.) And I ran for the Senate because it was too damn hard being in the council. (Laughter.)

It’s great to be back with you all. Commissioner Larry Johnson of DeKalb County, Georgia, thank you for your leadership.

I also want to thank all the folks working so hard here in the Washington Hilton to make this conference possible. Thank you all very much. (Applause.) .......

You know, I used to — I don’t know about you all, but commissioner, councilman — whichever your title is — you knock on the door and say, “My name is Joe Biden, and I’m a candidate for the county council.” And they look at you like, “Okay?” (Laughter.) And you’re wondering — you’re wondering what the county council does, aren’t you? (Laughter.) Well, it affects their lives more than anybody else’s. No, it really does. You’re involved in everything.

When a constituent called, she said — I represented a — we had — we have one county that has 60 percent of the state’s population. And we had six councilmen. So a councilman’s district was seven times bigger than a house member and — in the state house — and three time bigger than the state senator.

And I represented a middle-class district to a working-class district, but there was one very wealthy neighborhood. And I got a call one night; the woman said to me — obviously not of the same persuasion as I was, politically — called me and said, “There’s a dead dog on my lawn.” (Laughter.) And I said, “Yes, ma’am.” I said, “Have you called county?” She said, “Yes, they’re not here.” And I said, “Well, I’ll get them in the morning.” She said, “I want it removed now. I pay your salary.” (Laughter.) So, I went over. (Laughter and applause.) I picked it up. She said, “I want it out of my front yard.” I put it on her doorstep. (Laughter and applause.)

But I’ve gotten much better since then.

So, I know from personal experience how hard the job you have is. People — people having to phone or — you know, or not afraid to use that phone. I used to give out my phone number; can’t do that anymore. They don’t even allow me to have a phone anymore. (Laughter.),,,,,,,,

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014

It's a monumental challenge in an era of vanishing attention spans and rabid partisanship.

Somehow, the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 riot on the Capitol must "catch peoples' attention and hold peoples' attention" when it reveals its findings during public hearings planned for the spring, as Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., a member of the panel, put it in an interview.

Even as the committee tries to piece together the full story behind the deadly attack on the Capitol, members are starting to plot out the upcoming hearings, intended to be the most definitive account yet of how supporters of Donald Trump attacked Congress in an effort to thwart Joe Biden’s White House win.

None of that is likely to matter if the target audience — the general public — tunes out.

Members of the committee envision hearings that they hope will prove too riveting to ignore. They are banking on wall-to-wall coverage on cable news, headlines on news sites and a constant churn on social media. They’re preparing to tell a story with a beginning, middle and end stretched out over two to three weeks, complete with surprises and plot twists. Viewers will see live witnesses and video presentations suited to an audience that hasn’t breathlessly followed every detail of the Jan. 6 saga, members said. .....

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014

Some of the loudest Stop the Steal voices on the right are actually far removed from the levers of America’s election machinery. When a member of Congress makes false claims about hacked voting machines or stolen ballots, he or she has little authority to do much about it.

Across the United States, however, there are tens of thousands of state, county and local officials who do have that power. They will set and enforce the rules on voting, then go about counting and reporting the votes in the elections to come.

To the alarm of independent experts, allies of Donald Trump have been targeting these once-anonymous offices, seeking to fill them with hard-core partisans all the way down to the level of precinct captain.

Now, the Democratic organization American Bridge, known primarily for its opposition research into Republicans, has launched what it says is a $10 million campaign to influence the races for election administration in a dozen key states. The local elections project is part of a $100 million paid media campaign that American Bridge announced a year ago.

The group has hired 22 researchers to scrub the records and public statements of candidates and officials running for statewide offices involved in election administration, along with the sort of races unlikely to garner attention outside of their communities: county boards of supervisors, boards of canvassers, local judges and state legislators. They plan to dig up dirt on officials and candidates to ruin their chances of getting elected or re-elected.

“It’s about how do we take what we’ve already been expert at and expose the behavior of Republican candidates and officeholders and take it down ballot to these secretaries of state races, the attorneys general races, as well as on down the ballot to the county level,” said Jessica Floyd, the American Bridge president......

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014

FLrcujbVcAUiV5T

FLrcu6rVIAArXHf

FLrcvPLUcAkFp_q

FLrcvi5UUAQb0Wm

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014

Latest posts