ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State is not going to beat Clemson

Or the excuse...
We'll be able to tell in OSU's first couple of possessions. If Fields' comes out wearing the bulky knee brace, the 80% could be legit. If he takes off on a few designed runs with the light brace - or no brace at all - the 80% was all BS.

That is what has been written. Typical B10 pre-canned excuses .... weather, basically a home game, academics (like it’s a bunch of Harvard’s), yada yada yada - now OSU is “beaten up with tough schedule” (it’s not a tough schedule) while Clemson is fresh from an easy schedule. I think OSU wins because Clemson is so young but if they don’t the phony excuses will fly.
I don't buy the "too young" stuff with teams like this 13 games into the season. The "reloading" notion applies to both of these teams because of their recruiting and development - especially Clemson's development of players. I really believe Clemson has the best coaching staff in the country. For whatever reason, they don't lose many of their top assistants like the other CF powers

I don't buy the "too young" stuff with teams like this 13 games into the season. The "reloading" notion applies to both of these teams because of their recruiting and development - especially Clemson's development of players. I really believe Clemson has the best coaching staff in the country. For whatever reason, they don't lose many of their top assistants like the other CF powers
True, talent is talent and it is a long season. But experience does matter and they’ll be better next year for it. It’s the only negative I see for them.

The Clemson fans certainly think OSU has no chance, and I think Dabo and his coaches also feel that way reading between the lines in their interviews. This feels like 2014 Alabama to me where no one is giving OSU a chance and the OSU team is coming in angry and disrespected. Should be a great game and my guess is OSU will run at will on that undersized Clemson DL, provided of course that Fields is heathy and can run. It is very tough to shut down both Dobbins and Fields.

Well what is it: Clemson wins because fresh after “cupcake” season or .... OSU’s “brutal” schedule made them better?
These will be the narratives depending on which team wins.

I tend to think of Clemson as a continuation of last season with so many returning players. I think they handle OSU by 2 TDs but LSU wins a single score game vs Clemson for the title.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT