ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron is not happy with playoff officiating

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
Lakers blow a 20 point lead and lose.

This is the play Lebron is referring to during the postgame press conference.

So this was called a foul and challenged, and then the refs said there was no foul? I don't fully understand the context of the situation.

Reactions: jjw165
Officiating across many sports seems to be getting worse, even though most sports have now implemented some type of review/replay system.

Quality officiating also seems to be inversely proportional to the number of ways you can now bet on a sporting event......coincidence?

Reactions: creamery freak
Officiating across many sports seems to be getting worse, even though most sports have now implemented some type of review/replay system.

Quality officiating also seems to be inversely proportional to the number of ways you can now bet on a sporting event......coincidence?
I read a great article, years ago, when replay was introduced. I wish I could find it. The writer said that replay would simply eliminate the egregious calls and just make the tight calls more controversial. I think new technology simply showed every single missed call whereas before we didn't know how bad it was.

• baseball - balls and strikes are tough, especially now that pitchers can move the ball so well. The zone is not a square, it is a cube.
  • basketball - one of the most difficult games to call. The outside game is called differently than the inside game. Gifted players, especially huge/strong guys, are called differently than guards. Game is fast. Hand speed, fouls while shooting, are almost impossible to call. Many call on slapping sounds but at key times or games, the crowds are too loud.
  • football - way too may penalties are arbitrary like offensive holding and pass interference. As a lifelong fan and a person that watched hundreds of games every fall, I have no idea what the definition of pass interference is or offensive holding.
  • hockey - probably the best officiated game because they just let them play. But lots of missed roughing, tripping and slashing calls. Still, a much easier game to officiate.

Did you see Aaron Boone get thrown out for doing nothing? Very funny.

LeBron loves whining about officiating. In 2016 he whined and cried about a no call on pass interference at the end of the Penn State win over Ohio State. Didn't hear a peep from him though when Ohio St got in and we didn't.

LeBron loves whining about officiating. In 2016 he whined and cried about a no call on pass interference at the end of the Penn State win over Ohio State. Didn't hear a peep from him though when Ohio St got in and we didn't.
Ya maybe if he concentrated on making the wide open shot he had at end of game instead of worrying about a call that really had no impact they could have won

Did you see Aaron Boone get thrown out for doing nothing? Very funny.

I saw that clip yesterday. The umpire should receive some type of suspension. You can’t be throwing a manager out of the game because of something a fan said. That’s insane.
The ump was later asked about it and basically doubled down on his ridiculous call.

LeBron and the Lakers have received the benefit of favorable officiating for years. As an example, in Game 1 of this series, the Lakers shot 19 free throws, and the Nuggets shot 6 free throws. The Lakers free throw differential this year was the most favorable in the league by a wide margin.

I saw that clip yesterday. The umpire should receive some type of suspension. You can’t be throwing a manager out of the game because of something a fan said. That’s insane.
The ump was later asked about it and basically doubled down on his ridiculous call.
I think they were only a couple of pitches into the game. I wonder what got the umpire riled up with Boone before the game started.

I think they were only a couple of pitches into the game. I wonder what got the umpire riled up with Boone before the game started.
MLB has joke book umpires. It’s been that way my whole life. They did clear them all out with their stupid union fiasco years ago but it’s like Washington DC. After a period of time they become consumed by the Devil.

Funny they left out the part where Maxey push hart to get open. They refs let them play like they should. There’s pushing every play
Stop calling any fouls . Then we'll find out whose tough. It's what b-ball has turned into anyhow!

Maxey’s push of Hart was way more blatant than the foul on him. The foul they reversed in the Lakers was after the shot and was inadvertent on the follow through trying to make a block. I personally like that they let them play. The Sixers should be crying that they didn’t call the foul on Maxey since it would’ve been two free throws instead of a 3 to win the game.

MLB has joke book umpires. It’s been that way my whole life. They did clear them all out with their stupid union fiasco years ago but it’s like Washington DC. After a period of time they become consumed by the Devil.
they have a very powerful union. Remember, they shut the game down a few years ago when they went on strike. I get that there is a sentimental feel about the umpire in the game of baseball. But if you are going to keep that, you've got to react to guys like Angel Hernandez who are a league-wide joke. I don't know how these guys get fired or replaced; union or baseball? it is like Angel is still there just to spite MLB.

I've also been told that the notion of this rectangular strike zone isn't correct as a curving ball can be a ball as it enters the plate area and move to being a strike at the back of the plate. These pitchers now throw these "sweepers" that move 10 to 12 inches. I honestly don't know how a batter gets a hit these days.

Funny they left out the part where Maxey push hart to get open. They refs let them play like they should. There’s pushing every play
Then I think Maxey should have been called for the foul there. There was a lot of pushing and shoving in the game last night. It’s one thing to ‘let them play’ if a ref overlooks a defender using a mild hand check on the ball handler if it doesn’t impede his dribble or a couple guys shoving each other a little bit during a box out for a rebound. But, there were some blatant fouls that were uncalled for one reason or another. What were they playing? Lacrosse 🥍?

Maxey’s push of Hart was way more blatant than the foul on him. The foul they reversed in the Lakers was after the shot and was inadvertent on the follow through trying to make a block. I personally like that they let them play. The Sixers should be crying that they didn’t call the foul on Maxey since it would’ve been two free throws instead of a 3 to win the game.
I personally do not like that basketball has begun to look like football. You can bet if the roles were reversed and Brunson had been knocked around like that , there would have been a call on the Sixers!

I personally do not like that basketball has begun to look like football. You can bet if the roles were reversed and Brunson had been knocked around like that , there would have been a call on the Sixers!
Agreed. And the calls are totally different in the playoffs and regular season. It is almost a different game.

I saw a play earlier in the game where there was a loose ball cover by Philip and the Knicks defender dove on top of him. Philly made a bad mistake not diving on top of DiBincenzo. It's not a foul.

It wasn’t the last 30 seconds that was poorly officiated. I agree Maxey pushes off but that is what happens when a moving defender bodies you on your cut. Then he was grabbed and mugged. The entire game was a rugby match. In the end neither team is good enough to win anything, but that game was a complete sham. I don’t believe games are fixed, but that one makes me understand why many believe they are.

If you don't blow a 20 point lead the refs aren't a factor. People, especially players, have to get over the "refs missed a call" nonsense. Of course they miss calls--they're human. Just like players aren't perfect. Overcome to lose--hopefully he keeps losing.

In regards to the Sixers - Knicks game, the league came out with their L2R report stating there were 4 missed calls in the last 120 seconds.

“Two of them were directly related to the Sixers turnover that led to Donte DiVincenzo's game-winning 3-pointer. The other two missed calls were a defensive three-second violation on OG Anunoby with 1:14 remaining and a personal foul by Joel Embiid on DiVincenzo with 34.7 seconds left.”

In regards to the Sixers - Knicks game, the league came out with their L2R report stating there were 4 missed calls in the last 120 seconds.

“Two of them were directly related to the Sixers turnover that led to Donte DiVincenzo's game-winning 3-pointer. The other two missed calls were a defensive three-second violation on OG Anunoby with 1:14 remaining and a personal foul by Joel Embiid on DiVincenzo with 34.7 seconds left.”

Very big of the league to state the obvious. They also said Maxey did not foul Hart. The odds of coming back from 2-0 is very small. Would take a huge collapse from the Knicks. That most likely decided the series.

Reactions: jjw165
Sixers can pay $10,000 to file a formal protest.

fa53ef88-b8fe-4e81-ad08-98a8a6ed8170_text.gif

If you don't blow a 20 point lead the refs aren't a factor. People, especially players, have to get over the "refs missed a call" nonsense. Of course they miss calls--they're human. Just like players aren't perfect. Overcome to lose--hopefully he keeps losing.
The report on the last 2 minutes of the Knicks/Sixers game speaks for itself. Essentially confirmed that the refs stuck their whistles up their you know what’s and turned it into a rugby scrum during the last 2 minutes. Interesting too that the Sixers were the most disadvantaged team in the entire league during the regular season during the last two minutes of games. Probably explains why Shaq tweeted that the disgraceful officiating at the end of the game is why some people feel the outcomes of games are “rigged”. For

The report on the last 2 minutes of the Knicks/Sixers game speaks for itself. Essentially confirmed that the refs stuck their whistles up their you know what’s and turned it into a rugby scrum during the last 2 minutes. Interesting too that the Sixers were the most disadvantaged team in the entire league during the regular season during the last two minutes of games. Probably explains why Shaq tweeted that the disgraceful officiating at the end of the game is why some people feel the outcomes of games are “rigged”. For
People feel all types of things for nonsensical reasons. Bad officiating happens. Refs sometimes due swallow their whistles. Believing the league hates the Sixers is one of those insane things that happen--like the refs hate Penn State. Every team has countless examples of things that didn't go their way. Don't let the game come down to a play. Overcome or lose. When a player has a perfect game for the first time ever they can complain about a mistake by the refs. Mistake happen--conspiracy theories are comical. Suddenly the league cares about the Knicks for the first time since they got Ewing.

Those two minute reports are dumbest things in sports. What about the other 46 minutes? I’m sure they missed a ton of calls there that have same impact on the game as the end. I’ve been a Knicks fan for over 50 years and if you think they get all the calls you haven’t been watching. Complaining about the refs is loser talk. Sixers couldn’t get a rebound with the so called best player standing under the basket. Lakers blew a 20 point lead and ledouche missed a game winning wide open three. Execution decided the game.

Those two minute reports are dumbest things in sports. What about the other 46 minutes? I’m sure they missed a ton of calls there that have same impact on the game as the end. I’ve been a Knicks fan for over 50 years and if you think they get all the calls you haven’t been watching. Complaining about the refs is loser talk. Sixers couldn’t get a rebound with the so called best player standing under the basket. Lakers blew a 20 point lead and ledouche missed a game winning wide open three. Execution decided the game.
The so called best player can barely move which is not the Knicks or officials fault of course. The grabbing and bodying rules definitely were different on both sides of the floor for the other 46 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT