ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread Ohio State dual - Fri, Feb 2

Quite a contrast in matches wrestled. MM leads PSU with 14; only Hepner and Shumate have fewer for the Buckeyes.

Evans, right? Davis would certainly weigh in light at 149.

Depending on the exact weigh-ins, Evans might soon be unable to go 141 due to NCAA descent rules.
Haha, yes. Five letters ending in s. I guess I’ve been assuming that Evans was probably not weighing in at a full 149 all along (1) because he was more likely to beat out Bo over SVN before injury, and (2) it’s hard to add meaningful weight during the season anyway and he’d be the only realistic backup plan to Bo.

Reactions: hlstone and El-Jefe
Haha, yes. Five letters ending in s. I guess I’ve been assuming that Evans was probably not weighing in at a full 149 all along (1) because he was more likely to beat out Bo over SVN before injury, and (2) it’s hard to add meaningful weight during the season anyway and he’d be the only realistic backup plan to Bo.
Agreed, though if he's hedging his weight, he's at a disadvantage at 149. Not that he could gain that much muscle, but it's still 8 more lb for the opponents to deal with over 7 min.

As for future matchups, hope springs eternal from Buckeyeville:

“I am on the same page. This recruiting class they are all calling the best of all time.
I disagree and like our recruits coming in better.

I take davino over Lillahahl all day. Davino has beaten Jax Forrest and Blaze who have won college opens beating Ramos and Stinich the top 125 wrestlers in the nation this year in college opens. Davino had more dominating win against Forrest. Both will be good but Davino is a little better imo. Davino has 5 wins over top 14 p4p guys in last year.

Gibson being ranked top 15 p4p was a complete joke. Penn State commitment jumps you up. Gibson is not top 50 maybe not too 100. He lost to Kilkeary last year. He isn’t ever going to start for Penn state. He’s not even top 15 in his weight class imo.

Mirasolas have both lost to Ryder in last year. One will have to go heavyweight and I don’t think will even come close to Feldman. By next year Feldman is going to be a problem for everyone. This is basically his true freshman year. Think steveson jumping levels year two. I think we see same from Feldman.

Sealy and Birden are a wash imo. Sealy got his ranking bc of a world championship. Nothing to me shows he is that much better. I think Birden is still more raw and his athletism can help him jump levels in college. Henckal from Blair lost to Birden also that is coming to Penn state next year. Birden beats sealey and Henckal just 2 months ago and is not ranked in p4p and they both are top 20. Another joke.

There is nothing completely scary about this class. I am far more worried about Jax Forrest and Bo Bassett.”

Don’t tell this guy about Zack Ryder and PJ

Sealy and Birden are a wash imo. Sealy got his ranking bc of a world championship. Nothing to me shows he is that much better. I think Birden is still more raw and his athletism can help him jump levels in college. Henckal from Blair lost to Birden also that is coming to Penn state next year. Birden beats sealey and Henckal just 2 months ago and is not ranked in p4p and they both are top 20. Another joke.
Ah just a world championship, those things are always overrating recruits.

Raw & Athletic = Buckeye stardom. Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, about 6 years ago with Kaleb Romero
Romero quietly had a nice career given he was at the same weights as Hall, Zahid, Carter, and Aaron (and faced Aaron at nationals twice). He beat Hidlay for 3rd last year.

But yeah, only Stieber could possibly live up to Buckeye hype for an Ohio 4x state champ.

Going to really show my age... Ranger school 1-87, Pathfinder in 89 when I was an XO in a ranger unit.

That was around the time they moved it from Bliss to Dugway, right?

07-12 here.

That was around the time they moved it from Bliss to Dugway, right?

07-12 here.
Yes we had the desert phase in Dugway Utah... well I think it was Dugway. It was dark when we jumped in, I was tired and hallucinating so I can't really be sure.....

Reactions: baccafarmer
As for future matchups, hope springs eternal from Buckeyeville:

“I am on the same page. This recruiting class they are all calling the best of all time.
I disagree and like our recruits coming in better.

I take davino over Lillahahl all day. Davino has beaten Jax Forrest and Blaze who have won college opens beating Ramos and Stinich the top 125 wrestlers in the nation this year in college opens. Davino had more dominating win against Forrest. Both will be good but Davino is a little better imo. Davino has 5 wins over top 14 p4p guys in last year.

Gibson being ranked top 15 p4p was a complete joke. Penn State commitment jumps you up. Gibson is not top 50 maybe not too 100. He lost to Kilkeary last year. He isn’t ever going to start for Penn state. He’s not even top 15 in his weight class imo.

Mirasolas have both lost to Ryder in last year. One will have to go heavyweight and I don’t think will even come close to Feldman. By next year Feldman is going to be a problem for everyone. This is basically his true freshman year. Think steveson jumping levels year two. I think we see same from Feldman.

There is nothing completely scary about this class. I am far more worried about Jax Forrest and Bo Bassett.”

Don’t tell this guy about Zack Ryder and PJ
High school is high school, upside matters. Carter was really not that highly ranked coming out of high and could be the only 5 time champ.Also Feldman, not seeing it ,for a smaller heavy weight really not that athletic. Penn st guys get better as they proceed through college ,the only thing that ohio st improve on is their dead lifts.

I can see Feldman winning a title or two--he has somewhat of that Snyder body type, but less elite skill so far (but that can develop). He has to have someone help him figure out bottom though. I think Greg is gonna ride him like a rented mule tomorrow, maybe even some swipes.

Reactions: backdrft76
High school is high school, upside matters. Carter was really not that highly ranked coming out of high and could be the only 5 time champ.Also Feldman, not seeing it ,for a smaller heavy weight really not that athletic. Penn st guys get better as they proceed through college ,the only thing that ohio st improve on is their dead lifts.
Willie had Carter top 10. If Flo had him lower, well, Flo.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Carter did not make the Brands board. Don't recruit Carter and Brooks and recruit FordFocus? Explains a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT