ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Wisconsin 2021 Game Thread

Anybody defending Clifford is crazy. Protection has been good for the most part, happy feet and missing guys. Only positive is he settles down as the game wears on. He just is too jittery early every freakin game.

We need to get reverse to Dotson..freaking anything to move ball forward. I see little speed on field, no push on OL and Clifford can't complete plays under pressure.
Dotson was open on one deep pass
Clifford missed him

Wisky crowds the line and it doesn’t matter if we pass or run. There’s nowhere to run and no time to throw when they do this. It looks like we didn’t practice protection against blitzes.

Reactions: ftlpsu
Go completely up tempo for a couple series. Problem is O-line cannot block so no time for a pass or room to run. Clifford isn't any good unless he has some time, can't improvise.

I was thinking a few minutes ago that Wisconsin must feel a bit like we did during the Indiana game last year.

Mistake after mistake by our guys lost the Indiana game and it seems Wisky is going down that road too - blocked FG and TO inside the ten. Fortunately our guys’ mistakes haven’t cost them yet. In most situations Wisky would be up 10-14 points right now. I think Indiana had something like 89 yards of offense before their final drive last year so our guys are well on their way to that!

Yurcich - Troutwein experiment is not going as planned.. just horrible.. I can not think of one play...that was good... wait the nice pass to Washington... the rest was garbage....1 first down...

It's not going how we want, but perhaps this is the #2 and #3 team in the conference?

Or...

#6 and #7.

It's hard sledding. Wisconsin is running the same system and they can't break away. Last year, we'd be down 17-0 right now.

Our new system is being thrown off by Leonhard. Kudos to him. Everybody knew this was going to be a tough opener, yet they come into this thread losing their mind.

It's 0-0, on the road, against Wisconsin. Few adjustments are coming.

Hopefully like the Championship we throw a different look at them in the second half, because this was exactly as it was last year with Clifford, the routes, back rotation.

My forever PSU optimism says this is so.

Is Franklin overriding the plays or all MY.

Reactions: psu skp
Glad I’m not a coach here. Do you have many choices other than try to run for the first few series and try to mix in TEs a bit more. In other words out Wiscy Wiscy.
Problem is, Wisky is built for that. It’s their identity. We have track athletes and no identity.

Anybody defending Clifford is crazy. Protection has been good for the most part, happy feet and missing guys. Only positive is he settles down as the game wears on. He just is too jittery early every freakin game.
There is no one to defend. We can't run ball for even a yard. I would not say protection has been good. They are forcing him out of pocket and he is no good throwing on run

I'm out boys and girls.....
You can call me a fair weather fan, and I probably deserve that moniker....but when I passed 55, I decided there would be only 2 things that would have me sitting in front of the TV....being educated or being entertained. I'm being neither right now.

Too many other things I can do. I have a gig at my local beach joint tonight. Maybe I'll drag out the guitar and learn a new song.....any requests?:)

See you next weekend my friends....

giphy.gif

Reactions: paddoce
If the refuse to take Clifford out, then Put in a FB and run the ball. You aren’t tricking Wisconsin with some BS delayed crap.

Hopefully like the Championship we throw a different look at them in the second half, because this was exactly as it was last year with Clifford, the routes, back rotation.

My forever PSU optimism says this is so.

Is Franklin overriding the plays or all MY.
Different OC. Same shit results. Do the math.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT