ADVERTISEMENT

Official Pitt - Penn State Game Thread...

What needs to be accepted is Pat Narduzzi is a terrific football coach. You may not like him personally, but the guy gets his team ready to compete every week. I THINK his personality isn't the best for recruiting, and Pitt isn't a program that's positioned to sell itself. This was a good win by Penn State against a tough Pitt football team.

This game was pathetically coached. Pathetic.
That sums it up. Some players have their heads up their asses, but my god what are these coaches thinking?

On the plus side, we get to reset our expectations early in the season and wait until next with all this talent, again.

What needs to be accepted is Pat Narduzzi is a terrific football coach. You may not like him personally, but the guy gets his team ready to compete every week. I THINK his personality isn't the best for recruiting, and Pitt isn't a program that's positioned to sell itself. This was a good win by Penn State against a tough Pitt football team.
LMAO. Thank you, Pat Nardouchie's mom. Oh this almost made the game tolerable to get a laugh like this at the end.

See ya, lil' brothers.

I expect that the RPO is gone after this year

Too many liabilities and hard to establish a running game to control the ball. Notice that almost no one is changing to it

Every game is gonna be tough with this team... Young team + questionable O scheme + good defense = Feeling like a “could beat any of them, could lose to any of them” kind of year.

Reactions: nerfstate

He’s .500 and is 1-2 this year, and he tried a FG from the 1 in the 4th quarter while down 7. Just admit we played and CALLED plays like crap today. I

Reactions: WestSideLion
We will lost 3-4 games this year.

I said 8-4, optimistically, from the outset. I am in the “show me” crowd. That was really unimpressive on both sides o’ the ball today. Uninspiring. Pedestrian. Playing down. While no half worse than Buff 1st half last week, nothing was good. Nothing.

Pitt stopped Cain cold in the second part of the third quarter and throughout the fourth quarter. He didn’t do a thing.

Tell that to the lair.

Hard fought win...team toughed it out!

Only people who never played football worry about style points. A win is a win.

Pleased with the final outcome, but Narduzzie gave Franklin & Co a major wedgie today... In some respects he kinda owns "clueless James".

True but it’s going to be a long season with Rahne, Pry, and Jimmy.

Pry is not a problem. He can coach. He won today despite no pass rush.

Rahne got so conservative in the last quarter! We turned away from the pass when it was obvious we could run by them and they were gassed.

Franklin has some decisions to make. Those athletes at DE don’t look like football players. What were we doing returning those kicks? Why did we play not to lose in the 4th quarter?

Reactions: ftlpsu

He is a good coach. His defenses seem to always play tough, sound football and are able to get pressure on the QB. He has pretty good coordinators too. His problem is that he can’t recruit the talent. He’s also prone to boneheaded in game decisions, like kicking a field goal with under five minutes to play from the one when his team has yet to score a second half TD.

Reactions: ftlpsu
I will say this, the D-line did a good job stuffing the run, but they’re not as dominant as advertised. Something's going on with 99. He’s a non-factor. Rahne’s play calling is confounding. Clifford needs to pick up a first down when he has a chance to and not slide. We need a new offensive line coach or something. It’s been how many years of nothing better than a serviceable O-line?

Wonder if 99 is hurt. He looks like a shell of himself.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
That was absolute trash 2 by Rahne again in year 2. No improvement at all on this offense. He has a bye week and UMD at night....he better figure something out....like you can't win by tossing incomplete BOMB's all day long. The 3rd down play calling was HORRIBLE all game long. Clifford better start to figure out he needs to keep the ball and keep some teams honest at leat 4-5 times a game. Cain finally gets going.....didn't get a carry again. Did they miss the hot hand? Because it was pretty damn clear to everyone else with a pulse and vision.

907-CF0-C2-9-D3-F-4236-BD60-3-EE1-C974-BD44.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT