ADVERTISEMENT

Official Penn State vs Michigan game thread!

Did we pick up more than one first down in the second half? I’m glad this O can hit the big plays but winning the time of possession so the D isn’t exhausted late in a close game like this would be nice.

Reactions: psu00 and TheGLOV
Talking up Michigan? Michigan isn't very good. We couldn't sustain a drive which is the only reason they were even in the game. They're going to lose at least 4 games this year. I'm unimpressed with Michigan and Harbaugh. I even mentioned how bad Patterson was multiple times.

I didn't have an issue with the refs. If Penn State fans are required to bash the refs to be a fan that's absurd. The refs were very good today because they were consistent.

I have no idea what the 78 SweetRevenge thing even means.
There’s a difference between bashing the refs and defending them to the death, which you did. You are not a PSU fan...I’d bet a year’s salary on it. And you know who 78SweetRevenge is...I’d bet a year’s salary on that too.

Reactions: Ughhh and psu2016
Well. Not sure. Got a win. Our offense is not good. Clifford is Mediocre. Out Coached. Good thing time ran out. Rhane needs to go. I do not like a big play offense/without very little of any other offense. This puts to much on our D

Reactions: TheGLOV
Well I feel great that we won but now I know that beating OSU is probably not going to happen and we’re a little further away than maybe we thought. If we would settle on Cain as the starter, I think this game would’ve been 35-14, because the defense can’t stay on the field that long and expect success against an upper level opponent.
Did you really see us going undefeated and winning the conference this year? Really?
No, not at all, now I know at the end of the season will be somewhere in the top 10 to 20 range, not top 10. If Franklin gives up on the running back by committee maybe we’re closer to 10. If not, we lose two games this season prior to the bowl.

There’s a difference between bashing the refs and defending them to the death, which you did. You are not a PSU fan...I’d bet a year’s salary on it. And you know who 78SweetRevenge is...I’d bet a year’s salary on that too.

Then you owe me a year's salary. Actually two. I've been here for 2 months and I'm already tired of the excuses. The refs were fine tonight. You specially stated that they would never call that defensive holding they did on the 3rd and 10. When they did you never owned it. The refs were good tonight and there were dozens of posts complaining. It's sad.

Others said the refs were good tonight as well so I guess they're not Penn State fans either. Can you post guidelines for being a Penn State fan?

I think I figured out what happened to our O after the first quarter. CJF and Rahn were playing the Don Brown drinking game and if you recall how much blabbering they did about the Don Brown D in the first Q. they are lucky to be standing.

Well. Not sure. Got a win. Our offense is not good. Clifford is Mediocre. Out Coached. Good thing time ran out. Rhane needs to go. I do not like a big play offense/without very little of any other offense. This puts to much on our D

Can you just imagine how good we'd be if Fields was our QB this year?

Opps!

Now I did it!!!

:eek:

Reactions: paws1957
It’s just everything dude..,if you can’t see that, then I don’t know what to tell you.

I'm not required to follow your rules. I think Herbstreit does a good job. I'd much rather listen to him than anyone not named Blackledge. Blackledge also does a great job of being unbiased.

We just won 28-21 after you complained for 2 hours about the refs. Enjoy the win and stop complaining.

Can't they play better music at the end. The song they played during the kneels downs is mediocre as is the "Get Rid Back To Where We Started From" thing they were playing right after the game. And I'm not saying that because it was a new genre of music I'm unfamiliar with so I'm in "This new music is crap" mode. I'm comfortable with that genre but the music they play within that genre is crap. Geez, there's like a trillion good songs to play but we're subjected to "Get Right Back To Where We Started From?" Really?

Did someone donate a million dollars on the condition that that song be played? Or what? Are we about to go through a payola scandal over what is played at the end of the game?

I think I figured out what happened to our O after the first quarter. CJF and Rahn were playing the Don Brown drinking game and if you recall how much blabbering they did about the Don Brown D in the first Q. they are lucky to be standing.
I’ve defended Rahne in the past but just can’t do it anymore. Once the game goes off script he simply doesn’t adjust. There is no rhythm or continuity.

Reactions: psu00 and TheGLOV
Only difference between us an an elite team is consistency. Top 4 teams don’t have a 2 quarter laps on offense. As Clifford matures we should get more consistent. Shorter still hurt? He’d be a big boost for our passing game.
Do you consider Clemson a top 4 team because if you do, then UNC says hi....if not, then if you think the 2018 Clemson team was a top 4 team then Syracuse says hi.

Reactions: Nitwit97
Win is a win. Defense is stout.

Offense flashes at times but the inconsistency is puzzling. Seems like there's such a focus on chunk plays that they're missing opportunistic plays that would sustain drives. That's what McSorely seemed to do so well.

Hopefully this will improve with experience, whether it's Rhane or Clifford or both.

Reactions: psu00
Well I feel great that we won but now I know that beating OSU is probably not going to happen and we’re a little further away than maybe we thought. If we would settle on Cain as the starter, I think this game would’ve been 35-14, because the defense can’t stay on the field that long and expect success against an upper level opponent.

we were further away from beating osu after the Michigan game in 2016. Osu is over a month away.

There is always things to improve on and one from this is how to not get stagnant or complacent after getting a big lead. The latter part of the game felt like a distance runner with a big lead but that was tiring and the guy in second place was coming on strong and you were just wishing for the finish line to get there. If the game was 5 quarters long Michigan would've have kicked the FG to make it 28-24 with 17 minutes left in the game and been in good shape.

Reactions: psu00
I love the idea of having 4 Good running backs and I have no problem rotating them. The problem I have is that you have to give it to them! I just dont understand, does our run blocking stink? Are we just trying to work on the passing game? Seriously, someone give me a reasonable explanation of why we are not establishing the run with any of these guys! Any help appreciated...ty

What must be understood:

Just because Michigan got obliterated by Wisconsin a month ago does not mean they are terrible.

They still have a lot of high end talent.

This is a very good win.

This is still a very young team.

If you told people we would be 7-0 at this point 9 weeks ago, they would be thrilled.

Enjoy it. If we do get more efficient on offense, look out.

We got problems but on a day that Wisconsin loses to struggling IL, take the win. Outplayed but score is all that matters. Drink some libations. Enjoy.
Also, Texas needed a last second FG to sneak by Kansas! Kansas at Home for crying out loud after giving up 48 points....OUCH!

What is the fascination with Don Brown? Even the BTN can’t stop talking about him!:eek:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT