ADVERTISEMENT

Official March Madness thread.

UVA with a 3 to tie it, 68-68, with 12 sec left. TT misses a shot for the win. Ball goes OOB, so TT will have 1.0 left to inbound and shoot for the win. Great ending to regulation, regardless of whether or not TT wins now, or they go to OT.

TT's shot off the inbound pass is blocked, and the game is going to OT, tied 68-68.

It took 25 minutes to play the last 5 minutes of the game...that’s ridiculous.

TT got the 1st 3 points in OT, then it was all UVA. UVA up 79-73, and going to the charity stripe, with 23.5 sec left.

Virginia gifted another one with that replay call. They dont call the obvious foul , but slow the video down 1000x to say the ball went off the TT players hand last. The guy wouldn't have ever been able to swipe at the ball if his teammate didnt hack him 5 seconds earlier. That completely changed and ruined the game.

Reactions: psu2016
Virginia gifted another one with that replay call. They dont call the obvious foul , but slow the video down 1000x to say the ball went off the TT players hand last. The guy wouldn't have ever been able to swipe at the ball if his teammate didnt hack him 5 seconds earlier. That completely changed and ruined the game.
Oh good lord.

Oh good lord.

You enjoyed that ending???

I dont like either team. Just hated seeing that replay change the course of what was a really good game. That ball goes to TT 99 times out of a 100 without replay.Took all the drama and back and forth out of the game.

Reactions: psu2016

You know it. :oops:

One Shining Moment.....obviously NOT referring to Nate’s call about Virginia being overrated!

Well, the last seven games in this year’s tournament may never be matched in future years. All seven could very easily have gone the other way. Some great great competitive basketball.

Virginia going from the ultimate embarrassment last year to the ultimate Championship this year. Kudos to them. They got lucky and then they dodged the bullets.....they are the sole survivor.

Kudos to CBS for including a short clip of Fran Dunphy (former Temple BB coach) in the One Shining Moment medley. Dunphy was always one of the good guys in college BB, and he'll be missed on the college BB scene.

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
Hoops expert that I am, I predicted a boring game with an over/under of 100 points total. :(

Virginia made so many clutch plays in this game and through out the tournament. Hats off to the 'Hoos!

Yeah. Most controversial calls are judgement calls but there’s absolutely no question about last night’s being a double dribble. Glad I’m not an Auburn fan; I wouldn’t be able to sleep for weeks. Too bad.

Auburn would have given Tech a much better game than Virginia. I’m no expert but I don’t see Virginia beating Tech. Virginia just doesn’t match up well against that insane defense.
LION. JIM. KNOWS. HOOPS. :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: royboy
You enjoyed that ending???

I dont like either team. Just hated seeing that replay change the course of what was a really good game. That ball goes to TT 99 times out of a 100 without replay.Took all the drama and back and forth out of the game.
So getting the call right changed the course of the game? Sign me up for that.

His concerns were actually legit. I can't complain about what he thought because in the previous years of the Bennett run, poor outside shooting doomed them.

Hunter was the difference maker down the stretch. He reminds me of Kawhi Leonard. He did just enough to make Culver fight for every point and big props to not fouling him on his two drives late in regulation. Fouls that produced potential and 1 plays would have been killers. And his two late 3s were crucial to victory.

Guy and Jerome were their usual selves, but the biggest move Bennett made down the stretch was taking Clark out after the possession where he passed the ball with two seconds on the shot clock. Going with the transfer Key (who isn't much of a scoring threat, but a solid defensive hand) led to the block at the end of regulation.

And free throw shooting. UVA ended the game on a 14-14 run at the gimme line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT