ADVERTISEMENT

Official Eagles “who do you want” thread...

Do the birds take Kyle Pitts in round 1 with Ertz moving on? If not, do they take Pat F. in round 2 if he's available? I know they have lots of holes to fill, but TE/Ertz has been a big part of their offense.
Taking Pitts at #6 would be a reach. Unless they trade down to the #10-12 range.

The Eagles don’t win one game more by taking Parsons. There issues go far beyond an edge rusher. They can improve by getting a WR1, offensive lineman or a Corner.
Parsons wouldn't be drafted as an edge rusher - he'd be drafted as an off-ball linebacker that you can draft and pencil into all-pro linebacker play for the next decade.

I'd love to see those mock drafts. I just googled, and the first four I clicked on all explicitly said that Parsons was the best, most explosive defensive player in the draft who would "succeed in any assignment." Sure, the positions you listed are more valuable than a linebacker...but when you have the chance to take a generational type of player at any position, and potentially the best player to enter the draft at that position in a decade, it's worth the top 10 investment.

I still think they should take a receiver, but there shouldn't be any complaint by Eagles fans by taking Parsons.
The OPPOSITE of a D project. Chase Youngs draft evaluation;

PROS: Lean, muscular build engineered for playing 4-3 defensive end. Powerful, physical and disciplined run defender. Sets firm edges and process the run very well. Extremely comfortably stepping down, taking on pullers and squeezing gaps. Keeps working his hand fits throughout each rep to control blockers. Pass rushing skill set is elite. Fluid release out of his stance with rapid accelerating while generally anticipating the snap well. Works his feet and upper body to draw offensive tackles out of their pass sets, creating rush angles and favorable opportunities to attack the pocket. Quickly eats up turf with his stride, but also knows how to vary his steps to set up his rush plan. Impressive moments where he gets to half man when the blocker thinks he’s square. Has the flexibility needed to reduce his surface area and corner. Understands rush angles. Hand work and rush variety is incredible. Has no shortage of combos and he always has a plan. Each game is a showcase of that variety and he’s effective with dip/rip, chop/swim, long-arm stabs, club/rip, cross/chop, speed-to-power, lift and straight speed rush. Snatch and push/pull are also present. Fluid in coverage drops with a clear understanding of his landmarks and spacing. Effortless change of direction ability and he easily flows laterally towards the sideline.

Parsons wouldn't be drafted as an edge rusher - he'd be drafted as an off-ball linebacker that you can draft and pencil into all-pro linebacker play for the next decade.
Then that would be a terrible pick, because to this day Parsons makes reads adequately at best and terribly at worst and gets by on his off the charts athleticism. He is the equivalent of Lavar Arrington at the NFL level.

Then that would be a terrible pick, because to this day Parsons makes reads adequately at best and terribly at worst and gets by on his off the charts athleticism. He is the equivalent of Lavar Arrington at the NFL level.
...who was an all-pro linebacker in the four seasons that he was actually healthy. That's exactly the comparison, and is worth the #6 pick alone if you can avoid getting bad luck with injuries. Add to it that Micah's instincts and football IQ (and, to be frank, his work ethic and maturity) as a college player were far superior to Lavar's, and you have something. If Micah stays healthy in the NFL, he's an all-pro for a decade at linebacker.

The linebacker game these days is coverage on 3rd and six. I see a future of 11 off the field on 3rd and 6. If Micah wasn’t a PSU guy, he wouldn’t even be on your radar. Remember, he left us, why are you such a fan boy?

The linebacker game these days is coverage on 3rd and six. I see a future of 11 off the field on 3rd and 6. If Micah wasn’t a PSU guy, he wouldn’t even be on your radar. Remember, he left us, why are you such a fan boy?
I don't agree at all. He's certainly athletic enough and has a good enough football IQ to cover passing downs, or rush the passer. He's as close to Luke Kuechly as we've seen in the draft since he came out in 2012. I've watched more of him because he went to Penn State, sure, but he's a consensus top 5 football player in the draft. He's probably #3 behind Lawrence and Sewell. That would be true even if he didn't go to Penn State. In my eyes, if you're picking #6 and can get the third-best football player in the draft, you're doing okay.

Remember, I think the Eagles should draft Smith or Chase, just because the need there is so much greater after blowing it at WR the past few drafts. But if they end up with Parsons, that's still a really, really, really good result.

There’s only a few positions worthy of top 10 imo
QB
OT
shut down corner
and EDGE
You don’t take flyers and you don’t take slow reading slow covering ILBs. He’s described as a project in lots of mock drafts, especially when slotted as an EDGE. ”Project“ and TOP 10 do not mix.

Name a LB currently in the NFL that can close on the ball as well as he does.

Not to mention plenty of elite shutdown corners have come outside the first round. Also more 1st round QBs flop as opposed to becoming pro bowlers. There’s always a risk. Based on raw skills and talent Parsons is easily top 10

Tell me the last time Khalil Mack won a game. Point is, ILB adds zero value to wins. It just may be the least important position on a nfl team.

and again, PSU guy (who abandoned his team) is the greatest thing since sliced white bread, I see you.

Tell me the last time Khalil Mack won a game. Point is, ILB adds zero value to wins. It just may be the least important position on a nfl team.

and again, PSU guy (who abandoned his team) is the greatest thing since sliced white bread, I see you.
Khalil Mack (who, like Micah, is an outside linebacker, not an ILB) is one of the best defensive players in the NFL, and the Chicago Bears made the playoffs this year with Mitch Trubisky at quarterback. That should tell you plenty about Mack's value.

The Eagles don’t win one game more by taking Parsons. There issues go far beyond an edge rusher. They can improve by getting a WR1, offensive lineman or a Corner.
So right you are.The college where you went (in this case everyone wants the Eagles to draft a PSU guy)has no bearing on how you can help a team. Right now,there are quite a few guys on the Eagles that play the role that Parsons would have—and,they do it well. The Eagles needs are a QB who is more mobile than Wentz-but can throw it better than Hurts.-does such an animal exist? After that,they need a very high end CB and a WR.

Well at number 6 there will be an exciting, difference making player there that I would like. The 6 I have are: Lawrence, Sewell, Fields, Chase, Smith, Wilson. (No Way Lawrence and Sewell last to 6 obviously) (Also I suggest watching Zach Wilson’s highlights if you haven’t. I was impressed.) Also, you can count Patrick Surtain as a difference maker. There’s so much that will happen between now and the draft. So many evaluations and interviews and hype stories. Players rising and falling. The eagles situation is such a mess right now they have to strongly consider a quarterback if they really like him. I know probably no one wants to hear that. But if they are going to go with Hurts or Wentz next year, they should go with either Chase or Smith. I’ve been watching the Eagles since 1986 and ONLY ONCE have they had a true number one. TO in 2004, 05. THATS IT. In 34 years. Correct me if I’m wrong. DJax is amazing, I don’t think he’s a true number one. He had a chance to maybe prove that the last 2 seasons, but he was hurt for almost all of it. Also, in today’s NFL the wide receiver is more important than ever with how the rules favor offense. They need to stock pile them to compete. And yes, I know that they could get a WR later in the draft. Seth Joyner talked about the eagles trading down to get more lineman to rebuild the line, which is a great idea if there are players later in the first round that they really like. They have to evaluate a ton of players first and weigh if it’s worth it or not. This offseason is going to be extremely interesting. So, my official answer after all of that is either Devonta Smith or Zach Wilson.

I would like to see us deal Wentz and secure more pics in the 1st and 2nd rounds. We have alot of holes to fill and we need quality players to fill those holes. Needs in order of importance IMO are CB, OL, WR and LB.

I would like to see us deal Wentz and secure more pics in the 1st and 2nd rounds. We have alot of holes to fill and we need quality players to fill those holes. Needs in order of importance IMO are CB, OL, WR and LB.

I don’t see anyone trading a first or second round pick for Wentz.

Could or would the Eagles just trade Hurts for a 1st round pick and more and just stay with Wentz and more/better younger players? With the cap situation, I do not think that the Eagles can compete in 2021. So we would have two years to get rid of the old/oft injured/expensive players and be ready to start something special in 2022.

Unless the Oregon tackle falls to #6, the Eagles are taking WR or CB. Likely in that order.

I don’t see anyone trading a first or second round pick for Wentz.

I think Wentz still has value across the NFL even though he's washed out in Philly. A lot of people can look at what he's done with a porous line and a bunch of WRs that would be on a lot of Scout Teams and probably think they can salvage his career with their players surrounding him.

Reactions: WestSideLion
I think Wentz still has value across the NFL even though he's washed out in Philly. A lot of people can look at what he's done with a porous line and a bunch of WRs that would be on a lot of Scout Teams and probably think they can salvage his career with their players surrounding him.
Wentz has three years of very good play. From 2017-2019, he was an 81 TD and 21 Int guy over three seasons as a starter. I believe his passer rating and QBR were also top 10 in the league.

There’s a proven track record and A LOT of tape. The problem is the Eagles are selling low right now.

There aren’t a ton of easy fits. Teams that stink want to draft their own guy and develop him on the cheap with a young nucleus. And established teams mostly have their own QBs or lack the desire to part with draft capital and pay Wentz $30 million a year.

Reactions: LionsandBear

The Eagles don't have any leverage in trading Wentz. The teams willing to take on his salary and the risk that they can fix him have all the leverage. I doubt they get more than a 4th round pick, maybe a 3rd round pick, for Wentz. Heck, they'd probably get more for Hurts than Wentz.

The Eagles don't have any leverage in trading Wentz. The teams willing to take on his salary and the risk that they can fix him have all the leverage. I doubt they get more than a 4th round pick, maybe a 3rd round pick, for Wentz. Heck, they'd probably get more for Hurts than Wentz.
And that’s why I think it’s unlikely to happen for any reason other than a pseudo salary dump by the Eagles. I agree that the comp coming the Eagles way would be low. I think a conditional 3rd/4th is about the market.

I agree with WSL, they won’t get much. I think a lot depends on locker room dynamics, they played with spark for Hurts. I can’t see this team rallying behind Wentz.

Of course, I expect huge turnover on the roster so that might be a lot of horse do-do.

I actually think keeping Wentz is best for now as you're not going to get anything of value for him and giving him the opportunity to A) Have some protection and B) Having someone to throw the ball to could do wonders. I wouldn't mind the draft below.

1) Devonta Smith, WR Alabama
2) Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State
3) Paris Ford, S, Pitt
4) Monty Rice, OLB, Georgia
5) Nick Eubanks, TE, Michigan
5)Trey Hill, ILB, Georgia
6) Jack Anderson, G, Texas Tech
7) Josh Kaindoh, DE, Fl State

That's an A

I actually think keeping Wentz is best for now as you're not going to get anything of value for him and giving him the opportunity to A) Have some protection and B) Having someone to throw the ball to could do wonders. I wouldn't mind the draft below.

3) Paris Ford, S, Pitt

That's an A
I agree, but it's a little lean on the "toolsy, low-production 1-AA players" for a Howie Roseman draft.

• Haha

3) Paris Ford, S, Pitt

That's an A
That’s a middle-of-the-road, home run draft! Alas, it’s too simple for the smartest guys in the room.

Just asking - does anyone think that Parsons draft selection will be impacted by his sitting out this year? Come September, it will be almost 2 years since he last played a game. I don't know, just curious.

Just asking - does anyone think that Parsons draft selection will be impacted by his sitting out this year? Come September, it will be almost 2 years since he last played a game. I don't know, just curious.
I don't think so. The top two defensive players in the draft are Parsons and the DE from Miami who also opted out.

Since they neither team is in the playoffs, why not have Eagles and Giants play one last game Friday night under the lights. Neutral field, Sudfield has to start for the Eagles and Pederson is his backup QB.
[/QUOTE

I'm a Jets fan, I would only be interested in watching this proposed game to see how long it goes before it gets really chippy. A sadist for a day, I would sit back and watch the carnage.

For someone not a Giants fan you cant seem to shut up about it. Either way the Giants tanked their way to 3, 5, 4, and 6 wins the last four seasons. Amazing that a team that has been such a consistent loser is now offended that another team did not have success when the wanted it.

Who do you want might extend to the coach . Post Ravens game scroll x 1 run— Pederson to meet with Lurie

Last edited:
I prefer Smith to Chase, personally. Though I think Slater from NW or Parsons would also be quality picks at that spot. Assuming Roseman is back (yuck) and making draft decisions, it's hard to put too much faith into it.
Parsons, if available. They haven't drafted a LB in the first round in decades. With Schwartz leaving and a new DC who will change the system I think they draft Parsons if he is there. That being said they will probably draft a DB. wHO KNOWS WHAT'S GOING THROUGH THEIR HEADS.

Parsons, if available. They haven't drafted a LB in the first round in decades. With Schwartz leaving and a new DC who will change the system I think they draft Parsons if he is there. That being said they will probably draft a DB. wHO KNOWS WHAT'S GOING THROUGH THEIR HEADS.
I would be stunned if they select Parsons at #6. This Eagles leadership team - over a couple of decades - values OL, DL (specifically DE), QB, WR and CB above all. Most scenarios that put Parsons available at 6 would also likely make one of the WRs and/or Surtain II available.

Lawrence
Sewell (sp?)
Smith
Chase
Parsons
Fields
Surtain
Another OT will
And likely a wildcard at QB who climbs in pre-draft activities.

If only the QBs and Parsons are there at 6, then they’ll trade back with a QB needy team.

My money is on one of the WRs or Surtain if they stay in the pick.

By the time the Birds pick, the OL from Oregon (Sewell) will be gone, as will the top two QB's. Under those circumstances, I would like to see them draft Parsons or Surtain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT