ADVERTISEMENT

Official Eagles “who do you want” thread...

Between Hurtz and Wentz, the Eagles are fine at QB IMHO. They need WR and OL. My guess is Chase, the WR from LSU or Slater, the OT from NW. I just read a mock draft with them taking Parsons.

Smith or Surtain. I think they really want Smith, but Surtain will be a nice consolation prize.

The Ol issues this past year were mostly due to injuries. If the key guys get healthy, and the birds pick up a mid level free agent or two, they can be right back to having an above average line.

If they get Smith, he along with Reagor, Goddard and Sanders are the core of a very solid group of offensive weapons.

I prefer Smith to Chase, personally. Though I think Slater from NW or Parsons would also be quality picks at that spot. Assuming Roseman is back (yuck) and making draft decisions, it's hard to put too much faith into it.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Now that that’s finally over, post your thoughts, Wentz scenarios and mock drafts here. My hope is JaMarr or Smith. If by some miracle Justin Fields falls to 6, I’d love to draft him.

I'd take Smith in the first round. Trade Ertz to Chicago for a 2nd and 4th round pick. In the 2nd round., I'd pick Freiermuth with the Eagles pick if available and a quality LB or DB with the Chicago pick. Gotta decide to keep Wentz or peddle to Indy or Denver perhaps. Team needs to get younger on the line of scrimmage with a number of picks. Should be a fun draft.........

the QB position will work it self out, with I think Wentz winning the job back. They should not draft a QB higher than the 5 th round
the next first thing the Eagles need to do is sort out the right side of the OL. Can Brandon Brooks come back and be the player it was? At the salary price? or does he get a reduction?
same thing for Lane Johnson. Can he be the player he has been in the past? Or do they use him as trade bait and move on?
I think they have 3 young tackles for 2 spots. What muddies the water is, the first rd pick is probably the weakest of the 3. I think Waltzing Matilda is a player. I think Driscoll is as well. Nate Herbig (sp?) is as well, so once they finish out who can come back from injury, they OL is in good shape.
RB they are in good shape
WR need to release DJAX and Jeffrey. They need to draft the biggest fastest WR they can, just hope he can catch too.
They need to fix some things on the D. They dont have a DE you have to game plan around , paired with Cox it would dominate.
now the secondary? they needs fixed, they need a corner that can cover , maybe 3, plus some safeties, good luck with that.

again the first thing they have to do is decide if BB and LJ can play at their previous levels.

Reactions: LBCnova and N&B4PSU
I'd take Smith in the first round. Trade Ertz to Chicago for a 2nd and 4th round pick. In the 2nd round., I'd pick Freiermuth with the Eagles pick if available and a quality LB or DB with the Chicago pick. Gotta decide to keep Wentz or peddle to Indy or Denver perhaps. Team needs to get younger on the line of scrimmage with a number of picks. Should be a fun draft.........

Well as a bears fan we dont need Ertz actually we have a young TE Kmet and we need those draft picks

Lurie wants offense. Every coaching hire in the last 20 years has been an offense guy. So I presume the 1st pick will be on that side. The WR from Bama is my guess, but the 1st pick should be a CB. But this all depends on who they cut to reduce the cap hits.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Love your enthusiasm but in what world do we get a 2 and 4 for ertz?:)

Any way you look at it, the Eagles disposing of Wentz is a big black eye for them.

Any way you look at it, the Eagles disposing of Wentz is a big black eye for them.
The WFT just took a big hit by cutting their #1 pick QB.
What disappoints me is Wentz would rather run away than fight for his position.NFL means not for long if you’re not a competitor, or play poorly, long term.

The WFT just took a big hit by cutting their #1 pick QB.
What disappoints me is Wentz would rather run away than fight for his position.NFL means not for long if you’re not a competitor, or play poorly, long term.

Maybe Wentz liked Frank Reich better and now that I think about, especially after seeing Philly play for the past few seasons maybe Reich was the brains behind it. 🤷‍♂️

Well as a bears fan we dont need Ertz actually we have a young TE Kmet and we need those draft picks
Same here - Da Bears also have to figure out their QB issues - Mitch has a bad habit of throwing int's in the end zone - tried to do it again yesterday but the EDB dropped it they did back into the playoffs which is what I figured they would do. They need to resign ARob and I agree TE is not a need right now.

They have to get Smith or Chase. However, with their draft slot, some teams will be trying to move up for a QB. Question will be whether to drop down (and risk losing both of those WR) and get more assets.

They have to get Smith or Chase. However, with their draft slot, some teams will be trying to move up for a QB. Question will be whether to drop down (and risk losing both of those WR) and get more assets.

Move Wentz before the draft. Put out the word about wanting a QB. Somebody will slide up to get the man they want, particularly if Fields drops that far or somebody snags 3 QBs quickly.

Rumor I've read is Allen Robinson to NE. Why not make a move for him?

Draft a DE or Parsons.

Screw the Giants. They are 6-10. The Eagles owed them nothing.

I'm a Jets fan, I would only be interested in watching this proposed game to see how long it goes before it gets really chippy. A sadist for a day, I would sit back and watch the carnage.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Jets fan too (my afc team) who should we get?

2 trains of thought, since this so called NFL team is so low on talent:

1 If you can swindle another GM, trade the #2 pick for the best load you can get

2 Just take the best athlete available when it's your turn. This team is so weak, get the best you can anywhere. I'm not sold on Fields at #2, name me the last OSU QB who had a decent career. I'm hearing some noise about that BYU QB but haven't seen any BYU games this year. This team needs help EVERYWHERE, Look at what the Chiefs did. They picked up Hill, Kelce and Watkins along the way and were gifted Bell this year at RB. They drafted Mahomes , sat him for a year behind Alex Smith to learn the system and now you have the #1 offense in the NFL.

Parsons without a doubt. He is a rare talent and would instantly upgrade their defense and pass rush. Some compare him to Keuchly...I think he’s even better.

Parsons without a doubt. He is a rare talent and would instantly upgrade their defense and pass rush. Some compare him to Keuchly...I think he’s even better.
If the Eagles pick an athletic edge rusher with a lack of play diagnosing skills the people of Philadelphia should string JL from the William Penn statue.

If the Eagles pick an athletic edge rusher with a lack of play diagnosing skills the people of Philadelphia should string JL from the William Penn statue.
Parsons would be the Eagles' best first round pick in at least 6 years, very comfortably. Even compensating for the higher draft slot.

Reactions: trz103
He’s not a true EDGE, that’s the problem. And keuchly wraps and drops you, 11 swings guys down standing up. Not sure how well that translates to the nfl
Micah is the best linebacker prospect since Kuechly. The Eagles could do a whole lot worse, to be honest, and Parsons would immediately be the Eagles' best linebacker since Jeremiah Trotter retired 12 years ago.

There’s only a few positions worthy of top 10 imo
QB
OT
shut down corner
and EDGE
You don’t take flyers and you don’t take slow reading slow covering ILBs. He’s described as a project in lots of mock drafts, especially when slotted as an EDGE. ”Project“ and TOP 10 do not mix.

QB
OT
shut down corner
and EDGE
You don’t take flyers and you don’t take slow reading slow covering ILBs. He’s described as a project in lots of mock drafts, especially when slotted as an EDGE. ”Project“ and TOP 10 do not mix.
I'd love to see those mock drafts. I just googled, and the first four I clicked on all explicitly said that Parsons was the best, most explosive defensive player in the draft who would "succeed in any assignment." Sure, the positions you listed are more valuable than a linebacker...but when you have the chance to take a generational type of player at any position, and potentially the best player to enter the draft at that position in a decade, it's worth the top 10 investment.

I still think they should take a receiver, but there shouldn't be any complaint by Eagles fans by taking Parsons.

QB
OT
shut down corner
and EDGE
on this we will agree

I'd love to see those mock drafts. I just googled, and the first four I clicked on all explicitly said that Parsons was the best, most explosive defensive player in the draft who would "succeed in any assignment." Sure, the positions you listed are more valuable than a linebacker...but when you have the chance to take a generational type of player at any position, and potentially the best player to enter the draft at that position in a decade, it's worth the top 10 investment.

I still think they should take a receiver, but there shouldn't be any complaint by Eagles fans by taking Parsons.
It doesn’t matter because the Eagles are not taking Parsons.

Do the birds take Kyle Pitts in round 1 with Ertz moving on? If not, do they take Pat F. in round 2 if he's available? I know they have lots of holes to fill, but TE/Ertz has been a big part of their offense.

Reactions: lamizza
I agree - but I think that's more of an indictment of the Eagles' drafting - which has been consistently awful under Roseman - than anything else. If they end up picking Smith or Chase, I'll happily be wrong.
The Eagles don’t win one game more by taking Parsons. There issues go far beyond an edge rusher. They can improve by getting a WR1, offensive lineman or a Corner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT