NPR caught lying about Justice Gorsuch not granting Justice Sotomayor's request that he mask

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
This is how Totenberg responds and doubles down on her lie:

The shooting expert and police trainer Massad Ayoob was fond of saying if you suck one , you know, you're a , well you know. You tell one lie, you're a liar. That's why I'll call people liars early and often. This is no court room, this is the internet.
You willfully share fake news, liar. You do not fact check and get busted unless you immediately retract, liar. You try to weasel out of it, liar , liar pants on fire.
You argue a point such as Nick Sandman did wrong or Kyle Rittenhouse did wrong and do not mea culpa once you're proven wrong, you're a liar. You do that enough I go beyond liar to useless scumbag stage. I can appear to be a caustic prick, in real life I'm pretty easy to deal with.
But if you tell me stupid crap in real life I will laugh at you, call you and idiot, make fun of you, and hopefully never have to deal with you again. It's straight out of Dale Carnegie, well the influence part at least.

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
For my part, I can’t believe that Nina totenberg is still alive. Shit. I lost ten bucks.

What’s sad in all of this is that people can’t take them at their word that they really do try to work collegiality despite their ideological differences.

Last edited:

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
For my part, I can’t believe that Nina totenberg is still alive. Shit. I lost ten bucks.

What’s sad in all of this is that people can’t take them at their word that they really do try to work collegiality despite their ideological differences.
The media is trash and has been since forever . I'm a gun guy, I've watched their reporting on those issues and have seen lies, lack of knowledge and factual checking , context tricks etc. When I started applying the "they're paid liars " filter to all stories it really opened up my eyes. This started in the 1980s btw.
I'm not surprised they get this so wrong, it's deliberate.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
This is really embarrassing for NPR and Totenberg who has been reporting on the liberal side for decades. So she comes out stating she stands by her reporting. My question is, "of what?" Sonia refuted it. It isn't like Roberts or anyone else has a gun to her head. Sonia S has a lifetime appointment, will never be Chief Justice and has nobody to answer to. If it was true, she's have just kept her mouth shut. How in the world can NT "stand by her reporting?" I mean, it is like reporting the bank was robbed only to have the bank report that they were not robbed. Then stating "oh, yes you were!"

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
This is really embarrassing for NPR and Totenberg who has been reporting on the liberal side for decades. So she comes out stating she stands by her reporting. My question is, "of what?" Sonia refuted it. It isn't like Roberts or anyone else has a gun to her head. Sonia S has a lifetime appointment, will never be Chief Justice and has nobody to answer to. If it was true, she's have just kept her mouth shut. How in the world can NT "stand by her reporting?" I mean, it is like reporting the bank was robbed only to have the bank report that they were not robbed. Then stating "oh, yes you were!"
Why I've hated the media forever. It's not the why you think , it's what they think . It's pushing an agenda , their truth, their reality .

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC
Reminiscent of Dan Rather. Fake documents, but he stood by the story.

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
The media is trash and has been since forever . I'm a gun guy, I've watched their reporting on those issues and have seen lies, lack of knowledge and factual checking , context tricks etc. When I started applying the "they're paid liars " filter to all stories it really opened up my eyes. This started in the 1980s btw.
I'm not surprised they get this so wrong, it's deliberate.
about right. last night my wife was asking me how did this happen to our country and when did it start. honestly, i think the answer is "Watergate." Now don't get me wrong, the Trickster had some real issues and was very comfortable playing dirty politics. But since that time, the ethic or goal of the modern journalist has been to get someone's scalp - whether they are a politician, business person, religious leader, or other public figure. Where has that led? To a complete and frankly, unwarranted, breakdown in trust in our institutions that has extended well beyond appropriate arms-length suspicion. Including, ironically, to the media itself.

Congratulations, dickheads.

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
wasn't totenberg screwing whizzer white years ago?

Reactions: bourbon n blues

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
about right. last night my wife was asking me how did this happen to our country and when did it start. honestly, i think the answer is "Watergate." Now don't get me wrong, the Trickster had some real issues and was very comfortable playing dirty politics. But since that time, the ethic or goal of the modern journalist has been to get someone's scalp - whether they are a politician, business person, religious leader, or other public figure. Where has that led? To a complete and frankly, unwarranted, breakdown in trust in our institutions that has extended well beyond appropriate arms-length suspicion. Including, ironically, to the media itself.

Congratulations, dickheads.
Bingo!!!! At that point journalists starting going for the big hall of fame legendary story over reporting who, what , where, when how, then maybe why. Journalists as rock stars. I never bought into that, dad was a MLK fan, judge people by their character not job, fame, money, color etc.
Not only due I loath journalists I will typically tell them I look at pedophiles slightly more positively. And I don't look at them with any kind of positivity. Both destroy lives and make society worse ( there are some decent journalists with integrity that try to report news truthfully, they tend to be independent) , but the journalist can damage more with their bully pulpit.
It serves two purposes, one to throw them off guard, to shock them, the second is to make it known I get what their game is.

Reactions: Ski

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
The news at one point, say forty plus years ago , attempted to call it straight by attempted I believe they knew their bias but thought they were right but would attempt to be non partisan.
It shifted with the inception of CNN and the 24/7 news cycle produced a desire for money without an increase in the quality of the product. More surface sound bites , less in depth fact checked stories.
Combine that with bias and you have the present day situation.
NPR doubles down

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
NPR doubles down
One wonders why they can't just be honest. Credibility is sacrosanct. Just say "hey, our source told us that there was friction in SCOTUS regarding the use of masks. It may have been embellished by the time it was reported. We stand by our reporting but understand the sources can sometimes not be 100% accurate. We can stand by the report, and do, while we respect the three justice's position.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Latest posts