Nobody wants to join the military anymore

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
I think the point of the article is that recruiting is possibly suffering as a result of social justice emphasis and training as well as the vax requirements.. If true, its not absurd.
Fewer homophobes enlisting in the military sounds like a win to me.

Times are changing and I think you will find those that are anti gay are a dying breed. This won’t even be a topic of discussion in 20 years.

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
That's the title of a piece recently written by former Marine Jeff Groom for The Spectator...linked in the Rod Dreher post below.

I'm proud of my military service and cherish the title Marine, but I wouldn't want my grandsons to serve a country or Corps that are no longer recognizable to me...where fake Marines desecrated their own sacred emblem with rainbow colors during Pride Month and pissed all over the blood sacrifices of real Marines on a thousand battlefields...where service members are forced to choose between the orders of an anti-Christian Woke command and their own consciences.

This is not to dishonor the service of those currently in the military. The vast majority are patriotic Americans who didn't sign up for what they're facing now -- Wokeist indoctrination, showers with trannies, lowered standards to accommodate the requirements of political correctness, mandated vaccines, etc -- and have little choice but to at least pretend to go along with the program or incur potentially life-altering penalties. However, if you're currently on the outside looking in, why would you volunteer for this? The only reason would be if you hadn't gotten the word that Everything Has Changed.

In fact, Dreher nails it here:

>>Why join up when your senior commanders think you are a bad seed for being white, male, Christian, and/or conservative, and they might send you overseas to fight in the forever wars to extend the American empire, and to make the Donbas safe for Raytheon and RuPaul’s Drag Race, chicks with dicks and CRT? At some point, you’ve got to realize that it’s a scam, that you are being asked to risk your life to fight for an imperial order that thinks your law-abiding, church-going, palefaced right-wing self is the problem with America...The ruling class in America today, including in the woke military, is going all-out to make a very large section of America, including those most likely to serve, feel like they are outcasts and scapegoats. Again: what is the point of risking your life for a system that hates you and wants to grind you down, and later in life teach your kids that they are bad because of their race, but cheer up, because they might be queer?<<

I love it when conservatives use propaganda buzz words like “anti-woke”, ”CRT”, “ruling class” etc. You know immediately that it’s a propaganda piece and it was bought and paid for or that the author is a raging racist.

GSPMax

Jun 21, 2018
Laf, "poking fun" is one thing, and I have no problem with that, but when the entirety of one side's response, across several posters, consists of one-line juvenile name-calling taken from the familiar idiotic Dem-Media list, it says a lot more about them and about their side's politics than it does about me or the substantive argument that I'm making. On the other hand, if people want to expose their mental processes as akin to a 5th-grader, I'm fine with that. It makes my case in fact.

That said, thank you for at least trying to engage on a substantive level in your second paragraph above. You talk about the Marine Corps, but that was not in fact my focus. As the title of the post said, the issue has to do with our country's military. And indeed, that was the subject of both the Dreher post that I linked and the article by the former Marine that was embedded in the Dreher post. Read the OP again. This goes far beyond the Marine Corps.

But speaking of the Marine Corps, as a former Marine (1976-79), I made a heartfelt point that speaks for the huge majority of Marines, past and present: the politicization (link below) of the sacred emblem and traditions of our Corps that marked the beginning of "Pride Month" is an obscene mockery of the blood sacrifices of real Marines -- as opposed to the fake variety that came up with or approved this -- on a thousand battlefields across the globe over the course of 250 years of American history. Yet, it also serves as a handy indicator of what Dem-Media and its toadies in today's command are doing to the American military. And that...plus the effect all this is having on the force... is exactly what my post spoke to:

Would not mind having some of the red tipped in 5.56 and 30-06. Not sure what the other colors represent.

BTW:. Why no black tip?

Ski

May 29, 2001
Would not mind having some of the red tipped in 5.56 and 30-06. Not sure what the other colors represent.

BTW:. Why no black tip?

The colored bullets represent the rainbow flag the LGBTXYZPDQ community likes to fly to show their pride.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
@PaoliLion wants to investigate them as white supremists (even though a large number aren't white or male).

Turns out Paoli's Party wants the same thing. From the defense bill passed yesterday:

>>The House also included amendments that would require officials to prepare a report analyzing white supremacy and neo-Nazi activities within their ranks.<<

Keep in mind that according to Dem-Media's definition of "white supremacy," a large percentage of white guys in uniform would fit the profile. In fact, if you hold the wrong political views, you are by definition a "white supremacist."

Again, why in the friggin' world would any white male, let alone Christians or conservatives, sign up to serve as cannon fodder for this corrupt Regime?

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Jerry: Whether you agree with him or not (and I understand why you would not agree with him), that comment was funny. I don't mind when someone here pokes fun at me, especially if they manage to do it in a humorous way. LIH is particularly adept at that.

As for the substantive nature of your posts in this thread (particularly your initial post), it strikes me as incredibly mean spirited, not to mention inaccurate, to fulminate like you do about how "the gays" and "the trannies" are overrunning the Marine Corps. The number of gay or transsexual people in the Marine Corps is, without doubt, incredibly small. Why would ANY sentient gay or transsexual person choose to submit himself or herself to the kind of invective and abuse that would surely come his or her way by joining the Marine Corps? That is not to case on the Marine Corps; it is only to note that the Marine Corps is (understandably) overwhelmingly male and straight, and in terms of enlisted personnel, relatively young and uneducated. That informs their world view and their attitude towards gay and transsexual people.

Hey Bear, so if I call you a dog faced pony solider, you wouldn’t mind?

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry

Jerry

May 29, 2001
The colored bullets represent the rainbow flag the LGBTXYZPDQ community likes to fly to show their pride.

Most of the Dem-Mediacrats here want to appear stupid on this issue and the point I'm making, which, let's face it, comes easy to them because it's not an act at all on their part.

Those rainbow colors do not stand for equality, dignity, or any of the other bullshit lines that the Dem-Media puppeteers and their command toadies feed the Useful Idiots.

Rather, they are a celebration of a garden variety of non-standard (if you want to call it that) sexual orientations. So the first question is this: whatever your moral view of those sexual orientations, what in the world is the rationale for celebrating them or any sexual orientation for that matter? Why the compulsion on the part of the Regime to force this down the military's throat?

Beyond that non-political question, the fact is that the traditional Judeo-Christian view, culturally dominant for millenia -- it's become unfashionable and inconvenient in our own day but is still held by millions of faithful Christians and orthodox Jews -- is that the sexual behavior celebrated by that banner is morally disordered.

So basically the ruling powers are using their authority to offend and attack the religious beliefs of a large portion of their work force. Why? By what right? Faithful Christians in uniform are not asking anybody to adopt their religious views...they simply want to exercise the religious liberty that is their birthright as Americans without having an anti-Christian ideology forced down their throats.

In addition, the rainbow banner has become a sacred totum for the ideology of the quasi-religion of Wokeism and the politics of Wokeism's Party, which is Dem-Media. Therefore, the government and its toadies in the senior command are not only forcing an alien pseudo-religion down the throats of their work force but also the Dem-Media brand of politics at the same time.

None of this belongs in an official USMC statement such as the one linked in the thread above. That Tweet is an obscene mockery of those who gave their lives wearing the Marine uniform for a country whose leadership now pisses on their memory and on the generations of their children now serving. Honestly, the blood of those past heroes cries out to Heaven. Those responsible for dishonoring them have a date with destiny. The ticking sound you hear is the Karmic Clock.

• Haha
Reactions: IIVI and ram2020

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Most of the Dem-Mediacrats here want to appear stupid on this issue and the point I'm making, which, let's face it, comes easy to them because it's not an act at all on their part.

Those rainbow colors do not stand for equality, dignity, or any of the other bullshit lines that the Dem-Media puppeteers and their command toadies feed the Useful Idiots.

Rather, they are a celebration of a garden variety of non-standard (if you want to call it that) sexual orientations. So the first question is this: whatever your moral view of those sexual orientations, what in the world is the rationale for celebrating them or any sexual orientation for that matter? Why the compulsion on the part of the Regime to force this down the military's throat?

Beyond that non-political question, the fact is that the traditional Judeo-Christian view, culturally dominant for millenia -- it's become unfashionable and inconvenient in our own day but is still held by millions of faithful Christians and orthodox Jews -- is that the sexual behavior celebrated by that banner is morally disordered.

So basically the ruling powers are using their authority to offend and attack the religious beliefs of a large portion of their work force. Why? By what right? Faithful Christians in uniform are not asking anybody to adopt their religious views...they simply want to exercise the religious liberty that is their birthright as Americans without having an anti-Christian ideology forced down their throats.

In addition, the rainbow banner has become a sacred totum for the ideology of the quasi-religion of Wokeism and the politics of Wokeism's Party, which is Dem-Media. Therefore, the government and its toadies in the senior command are not only forcing an alien pseudo-religion down the throats of their work force but also the Dem-Media brand of politics at the same time.

None of this belongs in an official USMC statement such as the one linked in the thread above. That Tweet is an obscene mockery of those who gave their lives wearing the Marine uniform for a country whose leadership now pisses on their memory and on the generations of their children now serving. Honestly, the blood of those past heroes cries out to Heaven. Those responsible for dishonoring them have a date with destiny. The ticking sound you hear is the Karmic Clock.
Again…this is the tweet you call an obscene mockery of those who have given their lives.

“We remain committed to fostering an environment free from discrimination, and defend the values of treating all equally, with dignity and respect.”

GSPMax

Jun 21, 2018
"Long ago I reminded some people of some great works a former friend of mine and late friend, great Marine from Sacramento, California, B. T. Collins. He was a staunch Democrat but hated the anti-war movement, just despised it. And there was something going on at the time I lived in Sacramento, I forget what it was, he was inspired and motivated to write a letter to the editor in opposition to it.

It was about leftists not realizing the purpose of the military and what its objectives were so he spelled it out in a letter to the editor. He said: "The purpose of armies, the purpose of war is to kill people and break things. That's what war is. You kill people and break things. And you keep going until your opponent surrenders and apologizes to you."

Rush Limbaugh

https://news.iheart.com/featured/ru...e,people and break things. That's what war is.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
I have NEVER been asked by anyone to be an atheist. It HAS been suggested to me that I take up religion by numerous for no reason at all out of the blue.

I am a PROUD atheist all by my own thinking.

Catch, I understand...though I'm not totally sure what this has to do with the OP.

In any case, after you've been knocked around by life long enough...seen the ugliness of what people do to one another...and the suffering of the innocent, atheism is a major temptation.

In fact, regarding the famous line in the Lord's Prayer -- lead us not into temptation -- I've often thought that the temptation in question is precisely the one to despair...to look at the ugliness and pain...and chuck it all in.

But then just when you get to thinking it doesn't make sense, there is a moment of grace...and you ponder the marvel of the universe, the unfathomable mystery of how it came to be, the things in your life that are hard to explain by pure chance, the good things...and you step across the void...into Faith.

The thing is, when you trace it all back to the beginning, nothing is or ever will be proven by physical science or the human mind. Therefore, both atheists and believers are left having to make a leap of faith. One leads to despair...the other to hope. By nature, I'm a cynic and pessimist...but I'm going with hope anyway...

Reactions: 1Hammers1

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Catch, I understand...though I'm not totally sure what this has to do with the OP.

In any case, after you've been knocked around by life long enough...seen the ugliness of what people do to one another...and the suffering of the innocent, atheism is a major temptation.

In fact, regarding the famous line in the Lord's Prayer -- lead us not into temptation -- I've often thought that the temptation in question is precisely the one to despair...to look at the ugliness and pain...and chuck it all in.

But then just when you get to thinking it doesn't make sense, there is a moment of grace...and you ponder the marvel of the universe, the unfathomable mystery of how it came to be, the things in your life that are hard to explain by pure chance, the good things...and you step across the void...into Faith.

The thing is, when you trace it all back to the beginning, nothing is or ever will be proven by physical science or the human mind. Therefore, both atheists and believers are left having to make a leap of faith. One leads to despair...the other to hope. By nature, I'm a cynic and pessimist...but I'm going with hope anyway...
Will your faith hold when one of your grandkids comes out as gay?

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
“We remain committed to fostering an environment free from discrimination, and defend the values of treating all equally, with dignity and respect.”

This statement from the US Marines is what Jerry is outraged about. You really are a bad guy.
Apparently, it is "an obscene mockery of the blood sacrifices of real Marines." Jerry said so.

Reactions: NJPSU

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
no issue with most of your statement. But, why would you think that marines are uneducated?
I used the term "relatively young and uneducated" and reserved it to enlisted men (as opposed to officers). I did so because enlisted men are typically 18-20 years old, and therefore enlist in the Marines with, at most, a high school education.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Apparently, it is "an obscene mockery of the blood sacrifices of real Marines." Jerry said so.

Overlaying a Wokeist totem on the Marine emblem has nothing to do with the values of dignity and respect.

What on God's green earth does the glorification of a sexual orientation have to do with equal treatment? The fact is, what you want is unequal treatment.

Just for once, break through your Party's brainwashed propaganda and use your head to think. I know it's hard.

Reactions: Ski and 1Hammers1

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Overlaying a Wokeist totem on the Marine emblem has nothing to do with the values of dignity and respect.

What on God's green earth does the glorification of a sexual orientation have to do with equal treatment? The fact is, what you want is unequal treatment.

Just for once, break through your Party's brainwashed propaganda and use your head to think. I know it's hard.
The ironic thing is that the reason the military needs to stress this issue is precisely because of intolerant people like you.

Reactions: maypole

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Nothing like two bubble boys actually believing they have a clue regarding the military, especially the Marines. Neither of you two ever put on a uniform. You're both clueless as hell.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009

Jerry: What was the "Wokeist totem?" Some colored bullet casings? Wow, that's just AWFUL.

You read NJ's exact quotation of the statement that the Marine Corps posted. You somehow see that as "the glorification of sexual orientation." And let's be clear, you see it as the glorification of a particular sexual orientation which you find to be highly objectionable. But no one is asking you to engage in gay sex or marry another man.

The problem is that you : (1) don't want other people to impose their beliefs on you, but (2) ALSO want to impose YOUR beliefs on other people. You want abortion to be outlawed. You want contraceptives to be outlawed. You want gay marriage to be outlawed. You want to be free to discriminate against gays, trannies, and others as a consequence of your religious belief. You want public funds to be spent in support of Catholic schools. You generally want the U.S. government to ignore the Establishment Clause, but only when the religion which benefits from that ignoring is the Catholic Church. There are a WHOLE LOT of things you want, but quite properly cannot get, because your beliefs are (quite understandably) not shared by anything approaching a majority of the U.S. population.

I respect your profoundly conservative Catholic beliefs. I just don't want you to impose them on me, or others.

Last edited:
Reactions: maypole

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Jerry: What was the "Wokeist totem?" Some colored bullet casings? Wow, that's just AWFUL.

You read NJ's exact quotation of the statement that the Marine Corps posted. You somehow see that as "the glorification of sexual orientation." And let's be clear, you see it as the glorification of a particular sexual orientation which you find to be highly objectionable. But no one is asking you to engage in gay sex or marry another man.

The problem is that you : (1) don't want other people to impose their beliefs on you, but (2) ALSO want to impose YOUR beliefs on other people. You want abortion to be outlawed. You want contraceptives to be outlawed. You want gay marriage to be outlawed. You want to be free to discriminate against gays, trannies, and others as a consequence of your religious belief. You want public funds to be spent in support of Catholic schools. You generally want the U.S. government to ignore the Establishment Clause, but only when the religion which benefits from that ignoring is the Catholic Church. There are a WHOLE LOT of things you want, but quite properly cannot get, because your beliefs are (quite understandably) not shared by anything approaching a majority of the U.S. population.

I respect your profoundly conservative Catholic beliefs. I just don't want you to impose them on me, or others.
Boom! That 3rd paragraph nails it.

Reactions: tgar and maypole

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003

In any case, after you've been knocked around by life long enough...seen the ugliness of what people do to one another...and the suffering of the innocent, atheism is a major temptation. (No it's not. But religion is a waste of time.)

junior1

May 29, 2001
I used the term "relatively young and uneducated" and reserved it to enlisted men (as opposed to officers). I did so because enlisted men are typically 18-20 years old, and therefore enlist in the Marines with, at most, a high school education.
don't want to be argumentative, just to try to sway you opinion......
only about 37% of all americans have a college degree.....and based on "man in the street" interviews you could make the case that not all of them are "highly educated"
According to the google encyclopedia of all knowledge...less that 5% of marine enlisted have less than a high school diploma. In addition, unless things have changed, potential enlistees have to pass a written test in order to be accepted. So these are not your "run of the mill" youngsters. It takes a little bit of drive to make it through all the training phases.
I don't know if you were in the military back in the day, but things have changed technologically. And "dummies" cannot function in the modern military to include the battlefield. Satellites, software, communications, targeting and so much more are required - even to be in the infantry. Yep, even the "cannon fodder" of today are a heck of a lot more advanced than an average high school graduate.
By the way, when think about education. You may or may not know this, but the military has continuing education throughout a person's career. In addition to continuous training(education) of military systems, every post/station has college degree programs where the government picks up part of the tab. My nephew, a lightly educated HS grad, enlisted and just walked across the stage with a college degree while still in the service
Just some food for thought. But when flags are folded at teh graves of fallen marines and some politician talks about the person being one of the best in America, he/she is not wrong.
Just food for thought

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
By the way, when think about education. You may or may not know this, but the military has continuing education throughout a person's career. In addition to continuous training(education) of military systems, every post/station has college degree programs where the government picks up part of the tab. My nephew, a lightly educated HS grad, enlisted and just walked across the stage with a college degree while still in the service
Just some food for thought. But when flags are folded at teh graves of fallen marines and some politician talks about the person being one of the best in America, he/she is not wrong.
Just food for thought
I am well aware of the military's programs to support service personnel in their educational goals. It costs the taxpayers a bundle, but it is a pillar that supports an all volunteer military, and it is highly egalitarian and worthwhile. It makes college a viable option for those who could not otherwise afford a college education. I have a niece who is a member of the Air Force, and who has benefitted from a program like this. (LOL, as you read this, PPB is doing his level best to figure out what her name is.)

maypole

May 9, 2022
What are you, 2 years old? You don't have a fking clue what you're talking about when it comes to the armed forces.

You have a serious mental issue when it comes to genitalia. You're obsessed with it. Lousy 2 bit lawyer. Lmao.
But you DO wank horses, don’t you?

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
But you DO wank horses, don’t you?
It's very clear, neither of you two morons have a clue regarding horses. Veterinarians do that for breeding purposes. All those horses you see every year at Churchill Downs and other race tracks, most are the result of AI, not live cover. My wife gets 5k per breeding for her stallion, Ciel, out of Contendro I. The top eventing stallion in the world. She has the only standing Contendro I stallion in the United States. But hey, you and your obsessed buddy do you. Both of you are ignorant morons.

Reactions: PSUEngineer89

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
It's very clear, neither of you two morons have a clue regarding horses. Veterinarians do that for breeding purposes. All those horses you see every year at Churchill Downs and other race tracks, most are the result of AI, not live cover. My wife gets 5k per breeding for her stallion, Ciel, out of Contendro I. The top eventing stallion in the world. She has the only standing Contendro I stallion in the United States. But hey, you and your obsessed buddy do you. Both of you are ignorant morons.
Maypole: Did you note that there was no denial from Hotshoe in the above post? Hmmmmm ...

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Furthermore, the brother of her stallion won Land Rover this year. Fischer Chipmunk, ridden by Michael Jung. The beat eventer in the world. Both of you are pathetic dolts. These horses are worth millions of dollars.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Maypole: Did you note that there was no denial from Hotshoe in the above post? Hmmmmm ...
And you double down on your pathetic ignorance. Why would I do that? I'm not a veterinarian. No, I have never done the procedure, but I have bred through live cover, several stallions. Wtf is wrong with you?

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
If I pay $5k can I also breed with your wife?

Jerry

May 29, 2001

Laf, your above response is well-meaning but has not even touched the substance of my rebuttal to your earlier post. Moreover, it is, as usual, chock full of misstatements and strawmen.

Again: yes, the rainbow colors have become perhaps the most familiar Wokeist totem, profoundly political and quasi-religious in nature, which is why they shouldn't be displayed in an official government setting, let alone in what amounts to an advertisement by the Marine Corps.

The Wokeist infatuation with this banner -- its display on government buildings, its advertisement by our government, its adoption by the military, its promotion by the dominant powers of culture and business -- is very obviously both glorification and celebration. To deny this is either an exercise in gaslighting or a demonstration of willful blindness.

Regarding the bill of particulars in your para 3, it's waaay off-base. You're inventing and refuting arguments that I didn't make because you have no convincing response to the arguments I did make.

For example, please quote me exactly anything I said in this thread that would support your assertion that I seek to "impose my beliefs" on others.

Re abortion, I have stated clearly that it's a subject for the citizenry to decide, which is why I think the Court got Dobbs right. It is your side that wants to impose its "beliefs" on society and the nation by means of unelected judges and bureaucrats. It is your side that fears the democratic process.

Your assertion that I want contraceptives to be outlawed is a product of hysteria. Total fiction. Just grabbed it out of your hindquarters.

The same for the other topics on your list. A proper discussion of these things would take paragraphs. Meanwhile, as you throw stuff against the wall willy-nilly, your blithe claims of what "I want" are an oversimplification and distortion to the point of caricature.

• Haha
Reactions: IIVI and Ski

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Apropos the OP, a piece this morning from retired Colonel Douglas Macgregor writing for The American Conservative:

>>...it is vital to understand that all is not well inside the U.S. armed forces. The Biden Pentagon has created a system of intolerance that rewards unquestioning compliance with the Left’s policies and actively punishes dissent and divergence from the left’s prescribed behavior.

Put another way, the lives of Americans in uniform are controlled by ideologically driven bureaucrats who’ve leveraged Covid and the imposition of Critical Race Theory. The Biden administration has chosen the American military establishment as their instrument of social change...

It is an undisguised plan to eliminate any semblance of a colorblind military meritocracy in favor of elevating persons of color and women to dominate the senior ranks. The plan is working. There are good reasons to expect more white men to leave the armed services. President Biden is not concerned, but he should be.

No one in Washington, D.C., ever complained of too many white soldiers (95 percent of whom were cultural, if not religious, Christians) during the Civil War, on the battlefields of the First World War, on the beaches at Normandy and Okinawa, or in the deserts of Iraq. No one complained of too many white men in the skies over Midway, Vietnam, Afghanistan, or Iraq.

Biden’s policies are fraught with danger. The basic requirements of warfare do not change to accommodate woke ideology. Officers must cultivate discipline, morale, and esprit, and the officers must themselves be first class soldiers, sailors, airmen, or Marines of proven character, competence, and intelligence. If Americans in uniform see evidence for racially biased policies, quotas and preferences, America’s best will not enlist. And that is arguably already happening.<<

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Apropos the OP, a piece this morning from retired Colonel Douglas Macgregor writing for The American Conservative:

>>...it is vital to understand that all is not well inside the U.S. armed forces. The Biden Pentagon has created a system of intolerance that rewards unquestioning compliance with the Left’s policies and actively punishes dissent and divergence from the left’s prescribed behavior.

Put another way, the lives of Americans in uniform are controlled by ideologically driven bureaucrats who’ve leveraged Covid and the imposition of Critical Race Theory. The Biden administration has chosen the American military establishment as their instrument of social change...

It is an undisguised plan to eliminate any semblance of a colorblind military meritocracy in favor of elevating persons of color and women to dominate the senior ranks. The plan is working. There are good reasons to expect more white men to leave the armed services. President Biden is not concerned, but he should be.

No one in Washington, D.C., ever complained of too many white soldiers (95 percent of whom were cultural, if not religious, Christians) during the Civil War, on the battlefields of the First World War, on the beaches at Normandy and Okinawa, or in the deserts of Iraq. No one complained of too many white men in the skies over Midway, Vietnam, Afghanistan, or Iraq.

Biden’s policies are fraught with danger. The basic requirements of warfare do not change to accommodate woke ideology. Officers must cultivate discipline, morale, and esprit, and the officers must themselves be first class soldiers, sailors, airmen, or Marines of proven character, competence, and intelligence. If Americans in uniform see evidence for racially biased policies, quotas and preferences, America’s best will not enlist. And that is arguably already happening.<<
Wow a Conservative rag found a Conservative vet to mimic their racist and homophobic talking points.

Meaningless.

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
Do you dispute the facts?

"The Army’s No. 2 officer told Congress Tuesday that the service has no choice but to reduce total force strength by 10,000 for the fiscal year starting in September, with the next year looking even bleaker: By the end of fiscal 2023, it could be up to 28,000 soldiers short of its 476,000-troop target. Army Secretary Christine Wormuth’s spokeswoman said it’s met only half of its recruiting goal so far this fiscal year — with just 2½ months left."

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Laf, your above response is well-meaning but has not even touched the substance of my rebuttal to your earlier post. Moreover, it is, as usual, chock full of misstatements and strawmen.

Again: yes, the rainbow colors have become perhaps the most familiar Wokeist totem, profoundly political and quasi-religious in nature, which is why they shouldn't be displayed in an official government setting, let alone in what amounts to an advertisement by the Marine Corps.

The Wokeist infatuation with this banner -- its display on government buildings, its advertisement by our government, its adoption by the military, its promotion by the dominant powers of culture and business -- is very obviously both glorification and celebration. To deny this is either an exercise in gaslighting or a demonstration of willful blindness.

Regarding the bill of particulars in your para 3, it's waaay off-base. You're inventing and refuting arguments that I didn't make because you have no convincing response to the arguments I did make.

For example, please quote me exactly anything I said in this thread that would support your assertion that I seek to "impose my beliefs" on others.

Re abortion, I have stated clearly that it's a subject for the citizenry to decide, which is why I think the Court got Dobbs right. It is your side that wants to impose its "beliefs" on society and the nation by means of unelected judges and bureaucrats. It is your side that fears the democratic process.

Your assertion that I want contraceptives to be outlawed is a product of hysteria. Total fiction. Just grabbed it out of your hindquarters.

The same for the other topics on your list. A proper discussion of these things would take paragraphs. Meanwhile, as you throw stuff against the wall willy-nilly, your blithe claims of what "I want" are an oversimplification and distortion to the point of caricature.
What a giant sized load of crap this ^^^^ is, Jerry. You have made your views on abortion, contraception, gay marriage, gays in the military, gay teachers, gays in general, transsexuals, and other social issues quite clear. (The funny things about your focus on and distaste for gays is that one of the biggest havens for gays is the Catholic priesthood. Yet your son makes a living demonizing gay and transsexual people.)

Your repeated refrain is that the "Wokeists" (i.e., people who support any of the things I enumerated in the preceding paragraph) are "destroying America," "destroying Western civilization," etc. For Chrissake, even so much as taking a knee at a sporting event gets you all worked up and fuming about how Wokeists (i.e., people kneeling) are traitors bent on undoing the American way of life.

Here's a hint: I could not care less if the rainbow flag never flies on ANY government building. BUT if OTHER flags (and in particular the flag or banner of the Knights of Columbus, Opus Dei, the Franciscans, the Jesuits, the Sisters of the Poor, or ANY Catholic order) flies on a government building, THEN I very much DO WANT the rainbow flag to get equal time. Right next to that Catholic flag. That's not "Wokeism." That's something called the Establishment Clause.

Latest posts