ADVERTISEMENT

No Sex Scandal at Penn State, Just A "Political Hit Job"

Don't you think the fix is already in and there'll be no new trial. That's what I'm expecting.
It has already gone further than I thought it would

Having that asshole Cleland "recuse" himself was a gigantic positive (IMO)
The new guy - though I haven't seen him in action - from what I have heard and read seems to be "potentially" reasonable.

That said, I'd be very surprised to see a full blown new trial - but I'm not clairvoyant. And being "very surprised" is far less pessimistic than "I'd be shocked"...... which is where I was a year ago.

Still - the PR nightmare of a new trial makes me keep my expectations in check.

Steve has been MUCH more diligent than I wrt keeping tabs on the goings on - and I always look forward to his updates/insights.

Snedden was right but he didn't go nearly far enough. Why didn't TSM get nailed since every single victim came from there? Why no investigation of the incestual relationship between TSM, the BoT, and the political class of Pa? Why no look into all sorts of issues on construction contracts? Why no questions about how the PMA illegally took over the BoT and appointed its own people, then gave itself millions and millions of dollars of business?

Snedden is partially right but this is about way more than just political payback.

Damn right!

All the time spent focusing on the "Political Payback" stuff - - Corbett having a hard on for Spanier, Surma having a hard on for Paterno, etc - has been VERY DAMAGING for the truth.

Sure - they did (have hard ons for Spanier and Paterno) - big F-ing deal (aside from illustrating that Corbett and Surma and whomever were all assholes).

Does anyone with an 80+ IQ actually think that:

Years and years of Fire-bombing,
a billion dollars of cover up money spent,
the potentially generations-long damage to one of the nations most impactful Universities,
the creation of a "sexually abused because of Penn State" cottage industry,
were all over a couple of personal hard-ons?

And we've got thousands and thousands of Penn Staters that would probably swear that it was all over jealousy of Paterno and "409"

Good Grief

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, true evil runs rampant - - - and completely unconcerned that the masses will EVER look below the first layer of their onion

Alas

Sassano used 'enhanced interrogation and questioning' techniques on Joe in that interview and Joe was like 100 years old at the time

Reactions: dshumbero
Damn right!

All the time spent focusing on the "Political Payback" stuff - - Corbett having a hard on for Spanier, Surma having a hard on for Paterno, etc - has been VERY DAMAGING for the truth.

Sure - they did (have hard ons for Spanier and Paterno) - big F-ing deal (aside from illustrating that Corbett and Surma and whomever were all assholes).

Does anyone with an 80+ IQ actually think that:

Years and years of Fire-bombing,
a billion dollars of cover up money spent,
the potentially generations-long damage to one of the nations most impactful Universities,
the creation of a "sexually abused because of Penn State" cottage industry,
were all over a couple of personal hard-ons?

And we've got thousands and thousands of Penn Staters that would probably swear that it was all over jealousy of Paterno and "409"

Good Grief

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, true evil runs rampant - - - and completely unconcerned that the masses will EVER look below the first layer of their onion

Alas
I think there is a LOT below that first layer of their onion.

Another great article by Ralph Cipriano. He is slowly but surely unraveling the mess. He has been able to make sense about what exactly John Snedden discovered in his investigation of Graham Spanier for his renewal of his Top Secret/SCI clearances.

What he found was that Tom Corbett played politics. Excerpt from the article include:

When the Penn State scandal hit, "It was a convenient disaster," Snedden said. Because it gave the governor a chance "to fulfill vendettas."

The governor was angry at Spanier for vocally opposing Corbett's plan to cut Penn State's budget by 52 percent. In Snedden's report, Spanier, who was put under oath and questioned for eight hours by Snedden, agreed that "there was vindictiveness from the governor:"

In Snedden's report, Spanier "explained that Gov. Corbett is an alumni of Lebanon Valley College [a private college], that Gov, Corbett is a strong supporter of the voucher system, wherein individuals can choose to utilize funding toward private deduction, as opposed to public education." Corbett, Spanier told Snedden, "is not fond of Penn State, and is not fond of public higher education."

Spanier, Snedden wrote, "is now hearing that when the Penn State Board of Trustees was telling [Spanier] not to take action and that they [the Penn State Board of Trustees] were going to handle the situation, that the governor was actually exercising pressure on the [The Penn State Board of Trustees] to have [Spanier] leave."

The governor, Snedden said, "wants to be the most popular guy in Pennsylvania." Suddenly, the Penn State scandal comes along, and Corbett can lobby the Penn State Board of Trustees to get rid of both Spanier and Paterno.

"And suddenly Corbett" starts showing up at Penn State Board of Trustees meetings, where he was a board member, but didn't usually go. Only now Corbett "is the knight in shining armor," Snedden said. Because he's the guy cleaning up that horrible sex abuse scandal at Penn State.

"The wrong people are being looked at here," Snedden said. As far as Snedden was concerned, there was no reason to fire Spanier or Paterno.

""It's a political vendetta by somebody that has an epic degree of vindictiveness and will stop at nothing apparently," Snedden said about Corbett.

The whole thing is appalling," Snedden said. "It's absurd that somebody didn't professionally investigate this thing from the get-go."

In addition, Snedden found that there was no credible evidence that Jerry Sandusky was a pedophile. I hope that Sandusly's lawyers are able to leverage this information to win him a new trial regarding their PCRA petition. Key passages regarding this in the article are as follows:

"I really do think he's a big kid," Snedden said of Sandusky.

Does he believe there's any credible evidence that Sandusky is a pedophile?

"Certainly none that's come to light," he said.

Does Sandusky deserve a new trial?

"Without a doubt," Snedden said. Because the first time around, when he was sentenced to 30 to 60 years in jail, Sandusky didn't have a real trial.

"To have a real trial, you should actually have real credible witnesses and credible victims," Snedden said. And no leaks from the grand jury."
Snedden isn't exactly LeRoy Jethro Gibbs.

I've read his report and he just takes them at their word.

What's more is he has complained about Freeh not using his report as a source of information. Snedden didn't use evidence uncovered by to Freeh to make sure his conclusions were accurate.

Neither Freeh nor Snedden have embraced all the information in reaching their conclusions. Unfortunately Freeh's created immeasurable damage

And to be honest it's embarrassing that Snedden included the stuff about Corbett being jealous of Joe and Spanier's popularity in a federal report. At best it comes off as gossip to an objective reader.

JMO.

The real truth will come out, but the principals will be dead by then, as will most of us.

It's painful, but at least CSS didn't hang like Mrs. Surratt.
Brownie points for using Surratt! Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

I disagree with Snedden's opinion on JS innocence or guilt. Unless he has specialized child predator investigation experience, this does not explain away the refusal by Sandusky to immediately discontinue these completely inappropriate behaviors.

Police told him in '98. PSU told him in '01. TSM says they had to tell him the same thing. (TSM had a duty to do WAY more than that though). He's not a stupid man, how many times does he have to be told to quit it? IMHO the only reason someone continues after being advised is because they are getting "something" out of it.

Last edited:
Snedden isn't exactly LeRoy Jethro Gibbs.

I've read his report and he just takes them at their word.

What's more is he has complained about Freeh not using his report as a source of information. Snedden didn't use evidence uncovered by to Freeh to make sure his conclusions were accurate.

Neither Freeh nor Snedden have embraced all the information in reaching their conclusions. Unfortunately Freeh's created immeasurable damage

And to be honest it's embarrassing that Snedden included the stuff about Corbett being jealous of Joe and Spanier's popularity in a federal report. At best it comes off as gossip to an objective reader.

JMO.

Freeh found nothing. The AG gave him what they needed him to run with.

Reactions: NICNEM_PSU80
Another great article by Ralph Cipriano. He is slowly but surely unraveling the mess. He has been able to make sense about what exactly John Snedden discovered in his investigation of Graham Spanier for his renewal of his Top Secret/SCI clearances.

What he found was that Tom Corbett played politics. Excerpt from the article include:

When the Penn State scandal hit, "It was a convenient disaster," Snedden said. Because it gave the governor a chance "to fulfill vendettas."

The governor was angry at Spanier for vocally opposing Corbett's plan to cut Penn State's budget by 52 percent. In Snedden's report, Spanier, who was put under oath and questioned for eight hours by Snedden, agreed that "there was vindictiveness from the governor:"

In Snedden's report, Spanier "explained that Gov. Corbett is an alumni of Lebanon Valley College [a private college], that Gov, Corbett is a strong supporter of the voucher system, wherein individuals can choose to utilize funding toward private deduction, as opposed to public education." Corbett, Spanier told Snedden, "is not fond of Penn State, and is not fond of public higher education."

Spanier, Snedden wrote, "is now hearing that when the Penn State Board of Trustees was telling [Spanier] not to take action and that they [the Penn State Board of Trustees] were going to handle the situation, that the governor was actually exercising pressure on the [The Penn State Board of Trustees] to have [Spanier] leave."

The governor, Snedden said, "wants to be the most popular guy in Pennsylvania." Suddenly, the Penn State scandal comes along, and Corbett can lobby the Penn State Board of Trustees to get rid of both Spanier and Paterno.

"And suddenly Corbett" starts showing up at Penn State Board of Trustees meetings, where he was a board member, but didn't usually go. Only now Corbett "is the knight in shining armor," Snedden said. Because he's the guy cleaning up that horrible sex abuse scandal at Penn State.

"The wrong people are being looked at here," Snedden said. As far as Snedden was concerned, there was no reason to fire Spanier or Paterno.

""It's a political vendetta by somebody that has an epic degree of vindictiveness and will stop at nothing apparently," Snedden said about Corbett.

The whole thing is appalling," Snedden said. "It's absurd that somebody didn't professionally investigate this thing from the get-go."

In addition, Snedden found that there was no credible evidence that Jerry Sandusky was a pedophile. I hope that Sandusly's lawyers are able to leverage this information to win him a new trial regarding their PCRA petition. Key passages regarding this in the article are as follows:

"I really do think he's a big kid," Snedden said of Sandusky.

Does he believe there's any credible evidence that Sandusky is a pedophile?

"Certainly none that's come to light," he said.

Does Sandusky deserve a new trial?

"Without a doubt," Snedden said. Because the first time around, when he was sentenced to 30 to 60 years in jail, Sandusky didn't have a real trial.

"To have a real trial, you should actually have real credible witnesses and credible victims," Snedden said. And no leaks from the grand jury."
Corbett is interested in a lot more than just a vendetta. Just ask Frank Sheeran.

Snedden didn't use evidence uncovered by to Freeh to make sure his conclusions were accurate.

At best it comes off as gossip to an objective reader.

JMO.

Those may be the dumbest two sentences ever posted on this - or any other - message board.

In fact, they may be the dumbest two sentences ever written, uttered, or contemplated - since back when humans first considered memorializing their thoughts by scratching out pictures on the walls of their caves.

Congratulations!!!!!

Those may be the dumbest two sentences ever posted on this - or any other - message board.

In fact, they may be the dumbest two sentences ever written, uttered, or contemplated - since back when humans first considered memorializing their thoughts by scratching out pictures on the walls of their caves.

Congratulations!!!!!

lt is one of jockstrapjonnie's PL idiots.

Brownie points for using Surratt! Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

I disagree with Snedden's opinion on JS innocence or guilt. Unless he has specialized child predator investigation experience, this does not explain away the refusal by Sandusky to immediately discontinue these completely inappropriate behaviors.

Police told him in '98. PSU told him in '01. TSM says they had to tell him the same thing. (TSM had a duty to do WAY more than that though). He's not a stupid man, how many times does he have to be told to quit it? IMHO the only reason someone continues after being advised is because they are getting "something" out of it.

Or it's a compulsion, addiction, hence problem!

Reactions: Nellie R
Mandated reporter of what, exactly?
In fairness, there was an incident at Penn State that resulted in Sandusky being prohibited from bringing Second Mile youths to campus facilities. Curley met with Raykovitz to inform him of this incident and resulting prohibition. At the very least he had an obligation to respond to that.

"Well, I don’t know what you would call it. Obviously, he was doing something with the youngster. It was a sexual nature. I’m not sure exactly what it was. I didn’t push Mike to describe exactly what it was because he was very upset."

The passage above was voice recorded by the AG agent (I forget the agent) then later the passage was transferred to document. The AG would not release the actual voice recording.

Knowing Joe’s responses in conservations, he often answers a question with a question.

“It was a sexual nature. I’m not sure exactly what it was”. ….doesn’t make sense, why would Joe state “ It was” then follow with “I’m not sure”

Believing it was transcribed wrong,
“Was it a sexual nature? I’m not sure exactly what it was”………… more plausible.

Last edited:
Shamefully, I voted for him the first time. I did not know better. I apologize.
I assume your apology is tongue in cheek, because you should apologize for nothing. As long as you did homework on the candidates (and you are a smart man so I know you did), you cannot account for what an elected official does in office. If they screw up, all you can do is change your vote the next election, and apparently you did.

raykovitz responded. Wear swim trunks. o_O
Yup. Problem solved.
top-gun-high-five-580-100538112-orig.gif

The passage above was voice recorded by the AG agent (I forget the agent) then later the passage was transferred to document. The AG would not release the actual voice recording.

Knowing Joe’s responses in conservations, he often answers a question with a question.

“It was a sexual nature. I’m not sure exactly what it was”. ….doesn’t make sense, why would Joe state “ It was” then follow with “I’m not sure”

Believing it was transcribed wrong,
“Was it a sexual nature. I’m not sure exactly what it was”………… more plausible.

Yes the phantom "OAG changed the transcript" theory that has zero evidence to back it up. For folks who always hate when people assume or embellish what Joe or Tim or Gary or Gaham knew, you all spend a lot of time assuming facts not in evidence.

Reactions: pnnnnnnnnylion
Yes the phantom "OAG changed the transcript" theory that has zero evidence to back it up. For folks who always hate when people assume or embellish what Joe or Tim or Gary or Gaham knew, you all spend a lot of time assuming facts not in evidence.

We don't have to assume that the OAG's SWIGJ's in question (both the 30th and 33rd SWIGJs) were corrupt, guilty of massive "prosecutorial misconduct" and its manufacturing tainted evidence because a PA Court of Law has already made this definitive finding. LMFAO!

Nailed for what exactly?

TSM shoulda been hammered. Start with a subpoena and seizing all documents, phone records, computers, cell phones, faxes, minutes of meetings, emails, texts, financial/bank records, and more. Interview all officers under oath. Interview dozens of other kids to see if they knew anything or were victims. Do a forensic audit. Interview outside contractors including the BoT under oath. If the evidence show necessity, subpoena the contractors records.

Charge a few TSM officers with negligence and welfare of child charges just for allowing JS to take children on road trips after '98. Additional charges for not having standard protective policies in place, especially after '98 or after the Catholic Church scandals when such policies became SOP....like no one takes a child off campus unsupervised. Make them sweat to force cooperation.

You know....standard investigative methodology.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT