ADVERTISEMENT

No Sex Scandal at Penn State, Just A "Political Hit Job"

This seems pretty important! Anyone? Anyone? Sigh...

giphy.gif

Another great article by Ralph Cipriano. He is slowly but surely unraveling the mess. He has been able to make sense about what exactly John Snedden discovered in his investigation of Graham Spanier for his renewal of his Top Secret/SCI clearances.

What he found was that Tom Corbett played politics. Excerpt from the article include:

When the Penn State scandal hit, "It was a convenient disaster," Snedden said. Because it gave the governor a chance "to fulfill vendettas."

The governor was angry at Spanier for vocally opposing Corbett's plan to cut Penn State's budget by 52 percent. In Snedden's report, Spanier, who was put under oath and questioned for eight hours by Snedden, agreed that "there was vindictiveness from the governor:"

In Snedden's report, Spanier "explained that Gov. Corbett is an alumni of Lebanon Valley College [a private college], that Gov, Corbett is a strong supporter of the voucher system, wherein individuals can choose to utilize funding toward private deduction, as opposed to public education." Corbett, Spanier told Snedden, "is not fond of Penn State, and is not fond of public higher education."

Spanier, Snedden wrote, "is now hearing that when the Penn State Board of Trustees was telling [Spanier] not to take action and that they [the Penn State Board of Trustees] were going to handle the situation, that the governor was actually exercising pressure on the [The Penn State Board of Trustees] to have [Spanier] leave."

The governor, Snedden said, "wants to be the most popular guy in Pennsylvania." Suddenly, the Penn State scandal comes along, and Corbett can lobby the Penn State Board of Trustees to get rid of both Spanier and Paterno.

"And suddenly Corbett" starts showing up at Penn State Board of Trustees meetings, where he was a board member, but didn't usually go. Only now Corbett "is the knight in shining armor," Snedden said. Because he's the guy cleaning up that horrible sex abuse scandal at Penn State.

"The wrong people are being looked at here," Snedden said. As far as Snedden was concerned, there was no reason to fire Spanier or Paterno.

""It's a political vendetta by somebody that has an epic degree of vindictiveness and will stop at nothing apparently," Snedden said about Corbett.

The whole thing is appalling," Snedden said. "It's absurd that somebody didn't professionally investigate this thing from the get-go."

In addition, Snedden found that there was no credible evidence that Jerry Sandusky was a pedophile. I hope that Sandusly's lawyers are able to leverage this information to win him a new trial regarding their PCRA petition. Key passages regarding this in the article are as follows:

"I really do think he's a big kid," Snedden said of Sandusky.

Does he believe there's any credible evidence that Sandusky is a pedophile?

"Certainly none that's come to light," he said.

Does Sandusky deserve a new trial?

"Without a doubt," Snedden said. Because the first time around, when he was sentenced to 30 to 60 years in jail, Sandusky didn't have a real trial.

"To have a real trial, you should actually have real credible witnesses and credible victims," Snedden said. And no leaks from the grand jury."

Good thing this is out now because no one cares anymore. They won. We lost. And it sucks.

How much weight does Ralph Cipriano carry as a freelance writer with a blog? Does anyone read or pick-up his blog? Since he has entered JZ territory, does he have any weight to challenge the "narrative," or is this just farting in the wind?

Snedden was right but he didn't go nearly far enough. Why didn't TSM get nailed since every single victim came from there? Why no investigation of the incestual relationship between TSM, the BoT, and the political class of Pa? Why no look into all sorts of issues on construction contracts? Why no questions about how the PMA illegally took over the BoT and appointed its own people, then gave itself millions and millions of dollars of business?

Snedden is partially right but this is about way more than just political payback.

Snedden was right but he didn't go nearly far enough. Why didn't TSM get nailed since every single victim came from there? Why no investigation of the incestual relationship between TSM, the BoT, and the political class of Pa? Why no look into all sorts of issues on construction contracts? Why no questions about how the PMA illegally took over the BoT and appointed its own people, then gave itself millions and millions of dollars of business?

Snedden is partially right but this is about way more than just political payback.

Says The Spin Meister. :eek:

;)

How much does this remind you of the failed attempt of Corbett to illegally subpoena twitter to find out the names of political enemies??? Corbett lost that one in Federal Court as well. Funny how Corbett is a consistent loser in Federal Courts under the Federal Constitution but he and his corrupt OAG were consistent winners in the corrupt Pennsylvania SWIGJ and Judiciary....go figure???

Last edited:
The real truth will come out, but the principals will be dead by then, as will most of us.

It's painful, but at least CSS didn't hang like Mrs. Surratt.

Truth. OJ proved it, but we see it every day: with lawyers, you get what you pay for. You just got to pay enough. The next level down is probably not good enough.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
I don't believe the fat lady has sung.
Only shot left is a new trial for JS.

I don't like the odds, and it never would have come down to this if we even had 1/2 a righteous heart among "our own guys"....
But that's where we are.

"Back in the day", when everyone was yapping nonsense about Corman / The Paterno Suit / CSS / Spanier v Freeh / "The Freeh File Review" etc etc etc ....... almost no one wanted to see JS get a fair trial.

Steve was one of the few who never wavered.

ANYONE who wants to get at the "truth" better be rooting for the PCRA now.

I don't like the odds, and it never would have come down to this if we even had 1/2 a righteous heart among "our own guys"....
But that's where we are.

"Back in the day", when everyone was yapping nonsense about Corman / The Paterno Suit / CSS / Spanier v Freeh / "The Freeh File Review" etc etc etc ....... almost no one wanted to see JS get a fair trial.

I don't think the odds of a new trial are that far fetched. Judge John Foradora, the new PCRA judge, seemed quite reasonable at the March 24 evidentiary hearing and appears to be considering the defense's arguments very seriously. He seems to me to be an order of magnitude more objective than Judge Cleland. Judge Foradora stated that he expects to make a decision on whether or not to order a new trial before the end of the year. If he for whatever reason denies a new trial, there would be good chances of the Superior Court or the Pennsylvania Supreme overruling him IMO given the compelling evidence that Sandusky lawyers Al Lindsay and Andrew Salemme have put in the record.

Well too bad Snedden (a PSU alumna) apparently has no clue about the case:

"Everybody that he [McQueary] spoke to did not say it was sexual in any fashion," Snedden said. McQueary told Joe Paterno, Tim Curley and Gary Schultz "that it was not sexual, and that he didn't see it with his own eyes," Snedden said.

Yes everyone. Everyone except Joseph V. Paterno:

"Well, I don’t know what you would call it. Obviously, he was doing something with the youngster.It was a sexual nature. I’m not sure exactly what it was. I didn’t push Mike to describe exactly what it was because he was very upset."

I am amazed a competent lawyer didn't call Snedden to the stand to get hammered.

Reactions: pnnnnnnnnylion

"Everybody that he [McQueary] spoke to did not say it was sexual in any fashion," Snedden said. McQueary told Joe Paterno, Tim Curley and Gary Schultz "that it was not sexual, and that he didn't see it with his own eyes," Snedden said.

"Well, I don’t know what you would call it. Obviously, he was doing something with the youngster.It was a sexual nature. I’m not sure exactly what it was. I didn’t push Mike to describe exactly what it was because he was very upset."

I am amazed a competent lawyer didn't call Snedden to the stand to get hammered.

He's an alumnus, not an alumna. Rudimentary Latin.

Joe testified after his memory had been "refreshed" and at 80 some years of age. But, sure, that quote proves your point.

Snedden knows a lot more about the case than you do John.

He's an alum, not an alumna. Rudimentary Latin.

Joe testified after his memory had been "refreshed" and at 80 some years of age. But, sure, that quote proves your point.

yeah, memory refreshed about a conversation 10 years previous....please, let's not get stuck on that point; there have been hundreds (thousands?) of posts here about that point. It has to be weighed against other accounts and the BEHAVIOR of Mike McQueary and those to whom he spoke after the incident in 2001. Neither Mike nor the others took urgent steps at the time.

But that's where we are.

Don't you think the fix is already in and there'll be no new trial. That's what I'm expecting.

Last edited:

Back to the ten years after the fact nonsense. Did you not pay attention to the Spanier trial testimony? Don't bother. I won't respond anyway.

Last edited:

"Well, I don’t know what you would call it. Obviously, he was doing something with the youngster.It was a sexual nature? I’m not sure exactly what it was. I didn’t push Mike to describe exactly what it was because he was very upset."

FIFY

He's an alumnus, not an alumna. Rudimentary Latin.

Not everyone took Latin. I did - four years. And I can tell you the official motto of the PSU BoT:

"Quid lucrum mihi istic est?"

"What's in it for me?"

While i don't have much energy left for this bag of s--t I simply can't let this go unchallenged. MM just restated for the 3rd or 4th time he DID NOT tell joe anything sexual occurred. You can believe the actual guy who said it and has said it repeatedly or believ an 80 year old 10 years after something happened.

ADVERTISEMENT