ADVERTISEMENT

No reason...just gonna post this

I'm embarrassed to say that I watched the whole Donny and Marie clip. A couple of observations:
  • Not a bad guest lineup - Ruth Buzzi, Buddy Hackett and Suzanne Somers
  • Donnie and Marie weren't bad on ice skates
  • That was the absolute worst version of "Reelin' in the Years" I've ever heard - but I kept watching anyway
I will now walk away in shame...

Countdown To Ecstasy was released not much later here
My Old School covered by Russian band Leonid & Friends.
If there are any fans of Chicago out there, check out this band (Leonid & Friends). Their covers are very well done and they sound really good live too. This is the first Steely Dan song I've heard them do and they did a great job.

If anyone is wondering, her (translated) name is Ksenia Buzina.

“No reason...just gonna oistbthis”

oistbthis?

I’ll have what he’s having.

Reactions: papa_ed
Donald Fagen upon hearing that other version:

2bn2e5e0ure61.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: GulfCoastLion
I was lucky. Saw the Dan live before Walter Becker died. There are many iterations of the Dan but not without Walt. Hats off to Leonid and Friends. They are a Chicago band. They do it extremely well.

They lack one or two things...the hitmaker, Michael McDonald. Bernard Purdie. Although their drummer is excellent.

You want a record? Let Michael McD sing. Or Stevie Nicks. Go to the bank.

Shout out to Zep fans who went for the show last night at State Theatre. Great time. People dancing everywhere. Dancing Days are here again.

True Led Heads might know Dancing Days replaced Four Sticks. One of my favorite songs. Paul Sinclair (the Plant) was ill. Hard to imagine he can hit the Plant notes 120 days a year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT