ADVERTISEMENT

NLI day

Str8DBLz

Feb 2, 2019
The NLI Signing Date is Wednesday, November 13th. who do you think will be sending a letter to PSU?

Howard, Bartlett, Dunbar, Lee.

That's it right?

You got it. Anyone know where Jesse Vasquez is leaning? I would love a surprise late commit to the good guys from Jesse.

I was huge on him even after who's#1 - it started well but ended badly. Victor Voinovich (2021 class) doled out as much pain as I have seen since Nolf in the semis two years ago. VV put in double boots and just cranked him over at will. It was a little reminiscent of Beard vs Ballsack too. Those double boots can be brutal and an indication for anyone to hook the leg before they get them locked in. Once in that position you are in deep trouble.

Here is the video behind the paywall for anyone interested:

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/...e-vasquez-california-vs-victor-voinovich-ohio

Last edited:
Anyone know anything about Aurileus Dunbar? I had never heard of him until this thread and I went and watched some of his videos and he looks terrific. I see he goes to a prep school and so he is obviously not listed in the AA or AAA rankings on Flo.

Am I missing something? He looks really good. He is very physical, good on his feet, and looks to already have a pretty decent top game with a nice tilt.

Anyone know anything about Aurileus Dunbar? I had never heard of him until this thread and I went and watched some of his videos and he looks terrific. I see he goes to a prep school and so he is obviously not listed in the AA or AAA rankings on Flo.

Am I missing something? He looks really good. He is very physical, good on his feet, and looks to already have a pretty decent top game with a nice tilt.
This is something Mr. Brooks said when Aurelius committed.

"My family has known Aurelius since he was 7 and he is an amazing worker and wrestler. He will jump levels in the next two years. He has only scratched his potential!"

His middle name is “Maximus” so he clearly has about the coolest name since the sacking of Rome by the Visigoths

Huge change from 2 years ago (or so?) when the "early signing period" was a week in November. Now it's just titled "Initial Signing Date" and "Final Signing Date", which is August 1, 2020.

If there was ever pressure (there was, sometimes!!) to sign in the one week period, it's gone.

His middle name is “Maximus” so he clearly has about the coolest name since the sacking of Rome by the Visigoths
18htl9.jpg

It maybe none of the above?

He has stated that he will announce 11/20. Maybe he changed his mind. Or maybe this is just a support message for everyone else signing today. Or who knows what else.

Interpreting teenagers' vague tweets is volunteering for the Pit of Misery.

Reactions: nerfstate
Talking about a pit (t) of misery... I hope Ohio state falls into one Friday :)

It maybe none of the above?

He has stated that he will announce 11/20. Maybe he changed his mind. Or maybe this is just a support message for everyone else signing today. Or who knows what else.

Interpreting teenagers' vague tweets is volunteering for the Pit of Misery.

Aurileus is Roman family name that was derived from Latin aureus meaning "golden, gilded". Yup, he should fit in very nicely.

Gerrit Nijenhuis to Purdue. I didn't realize that's where he was going. He is a stud and I'm looking forward to some Starocci vs Nijenhuis bouts. Nijenhuis beat Edmond Ruth pretty handily in the PIAA finals last year and gave Starocci close matches including a semis OT match as a junior at states.

there's alot of people still riled up over the match between Carter and Gerrit

Gerrit Nijenhuis to Purdue. I didn't realize that's where he was going. He is a stud and I'm looking forward to some Starocci vs Nijenhuis bouts. Nijenhuis beat Edmond Ruth pretty handily in the PIAA finals last year and gave Starocci close matches including a semis OT match as a junior at states.

Watching Edmund at the Lehigh wrestleoffs, I'm surprised we ever had the FULL COURT PRESS on him. ;)

Reactions: Dogwelder
Might not see that in college. 9 House projected 184.

But maybe in freestyle this offseason?

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Might not see that in college. 9 House projected 184.

But maybe in freestyle this offseason?

IDK why I thought he was projected as 174lbs. I guess it's still possible he could be 174lbs but I would love some more of that action. Those are good matches with those two.

IDK why I thought he was projected as 174lbs. I guess it's still possible he could be 174lbs but I would love some more of that action. Those are good matches with those two.
Maybe because he cut down to 170 for states last year?

But that's another issue with him seeing Starocci -- he could've by staying at 182. He won states and maybe the title got him a better offer, so it worked out for him. Point being: facing Starocci again wasn't his priority.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT