ADVERTISEMENT

NHSCA

The PA kids practice with the IA kids? Doubtful. Team Kong just looks like a super-team created to win. And this is all fine, kids still get matches. I just don't understand the team aspect of it. I also don't understand folkstyle in late May, but to each their own.
I think it's called "All-Star Team Coaching Egomania". There is apparently no known cure for this disease. Like depression, it tends to be most noticible in the Winter months, yet usually exhibits recruiting-like symptoms year round. Most of the afflicted are in denial that they have it.

Not sure where he fits, but Silva is a kid I really want to see come to Penn State. Superman physique, a gas tank as large as Nico's, never surrenders a point and could use a more sophisticated offense.
Sound like somebody we already know?

Yeah, but is he already beating Nico in the room?

FWIW - Flo can't use Arena at NHSCA Dual tournament because their software isn't compatible for dual tournaments - Trackwrestling is compatible for duals. Wouldn't be surprised to see NHSCA switch to Track next year for that reason. Also, met Cael in VA Beach this weekend. He signed autographs for about 4 hours at the event on behalf of ASICS. Nice guy.
Flo Arena is compatible for dual tournaments. It's just not the most user friendly. For that matter, neither is track as dual tournaments don't translate great online.

What is incompatible is finding someone that knows how to operate Arena (or track for that matter) for all 58 mats. NHSCA requires each team to bring their own scorer - they are usually parents with little experience.

In past years they had taken the paper box scores to the head table and then someone entered them on Gimp. Well, at least some of them. Don't know why this didn't happen at all this year.

NHSCA National duals is a difficult event to handle for online. If I were to attempt to put results online, I probably would get enough capable scorers to handle the last day from R16 on (8). Before that, I would assign them to the top 8 seeded teams. Honestly, Day 1 and Day 2 are not really even worth following.

Disney Duals uses Track just fine. It is VERY easy to follow along, and the "tracking" part is awesome. Breakdown by weights, teams, finals. And you have parent volunteers for each of those mats as well. It's not that hard to figure out. They just don't have any incentive to. It's stupid, but it is an easy solution. Sounds to me like they just don't want to pay Track.

Reactions: LemonPie
Disney Duals uses Track just fine. It is VERY easy to follow along, and the "tracking" part is awesome. Breakdown by weights, teams, finals. And you have parent volunteers for each of those mats as well. It's not that hard to figure out. They just don't have any incentive to. It's stupid, but it is an easy solution. Sounds to me like they just don't want to pay Track.
I would agree with a lot of this although I would point out that Disney is a HS event and your parent scorer is usually a lot better than at NHSCA where you have a bunch of elementary and MS teams.

Again, I would concentrate on HS for this event if I were to do this. And it is more involved than just paying Track, which is a few hundred. You have to provide a laptop/tablet for each mat being scored, network the entire system and have an administrator. So there is some investment in it. Flo obviously sends a skeleton crew, so you are not going to get any help there. Track does not offer on-site crew.

You are probably right that they need to be incentivized. Kudos to Disney for doing this - it raises the profile of their event and they are in direct competition with other events (freestyle national duals) so it benefits them. Not sure that this is the case with NHSCA event.

Reactions: jtothemfp
Flo Arena is compatible for dual tournaments. It's just not the most user friendly. For that matter, neither is track as dual tournaments don't translate great online.

What is incompatible is finding someone that knows how to operate Arena (or track for that matter) for all 58 mats. NHSCA requires each team to bring their own scorer - they are usually parents with little experience.

In past years they had taken the paper box scores to the head table and then someone entered them on Gimp. Well, at least some of them. Don't know why this didn't happen at all this year.

NHSCA National duals is a difficult event to handle for online. If I were to attempt to put results online, I probably would get enough capable scorers to handle the last day from R16 on (8). Before that, I would assign them to the top 8 seeded teams. Honestly, Day 1 and Day 2 are not really even worth following.

I disagree. Track's dual tournaments are a breeze to follow.

I disagree. Track's dual tournaments are a breeze to follow.

I would agree that they are easier to follow than FLO and provide much more info. IMO dual tournaments do not translate as well as individual tourneys on any platform.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT