ADVERTISEMENT

NHSCA

chalkstream1

Jul 17, 2012
Anyone watch this event on Flo? Where the heck do you get mat assignments for the teams or upcoming individual bouts?

There are 58 mats and all the info is located on the NHSCA site - FLO isn't running the event, just streaming the action. Best I can tell you is print out some rosters of teams you would like to follow, print out the pool schedule and then try to hit that mat on Flo at the approximate time they have listed.

It will get easier today as there is a final bracket on the NHSCA site and the good teams should start to hit each other starting with the 10:00am round. I would imagine if the FLO guys are down there, they may have announcers on the mats with the good matchups from the quarters on but who knows.

I've been down there many years and attempted to watch a few years and honestly the first two days are not worth a concerted effort to watch unless you are following a certain team. The community level teams are getting there work in and the elite teams are just cruising towards today. The quarters on (@12pm) should be good, maybe a couple of matchups in the R16.

Thanks! I figured as much. I don't think the YG high school and jr high first teams lost more than 3 matches combined over about 12 duals. Watching Verk on mat 11 right now. Nice to get the coverage from Flo. Wish they had arena up too

Thanks! I figured as much. I don't think the YG high school and jr high first teams lost more than 3 matches combined over about 12 duals. Watching Verk on mat 11 right now. Nice to get the coverage from Flo. Wish they had arena up too
They ought to be able to get arena up from the R16 or at least the quarters on. Would not be that difficult to get 4 to 8 guys who know how to work the computers down there and one guy to set up the tournament on the fly which wouldn't be hard at all.

Heard some guys chattering in the background about the Flo guys setting up, so there may be some coverage/graphics/announcing coming up.

Quarters are:
Team Kong vs. Bad Boys
SF Lightning vs. Bison Legend
Young Guns vs. Illinois Outsiders
Team Shutt vs. Indiana

Silva takes out Carnell Andrews in OT. Tough break for Bison Legend they've lost 3 straight matches now 1-0, 1-0, OT.

For the life of me I don't get the fascination with Silva. Well, I guess I do as he remains uncommitted. I know it has been mentioned that he is high on PSU but I don't see it. He's a tank and did well against Spencer because of the matchup, but I posted on here last year that I saw him wrestle Real Woods last year at Journeyman and came away with the opinion that Woods is a better prospect. I just don't see Silva bullying around kids with his freak strength in college unless he's a career 125. The match against Carnell was more of the same. Carnell is bigger than him, he can't bully him around. Carnell is slicker and takes him down. But Carnell fades late as usual and takes a stupid shot to let Silva send it to OT and Carnell does the same thing again. Carnell has a lot of talent but needs a lot of work on how to wrestle.

If he wants to come here for no money and make 125 after Suriano moves on, so be it. But honestly, I'm still hoping that Busiello ends up a 125 and I'm way higher on his college prospects than Silva.

Potentially nice matchup coming up next on Mat 2 as Bison Legend just sent out McGonigal at 195 I think. That means Hoffman bumps to 220 and will face Ben Goldin. Normally, I would think this is no problem for Hoffman, but I just watched Goldin smack Cole Nye around the previous round and he looks tough. Big and strong..

Potentially nice matchup coming up next on Mat 2 as Bison Legend just sent out McGonigal at 195 I think. That means Hoffman bumps to 220 and will face Ben Goldin. Normally, I would think this is no problem for Hoffman, but I just watched Goldin smack Cole Nye around the previous round and he looks tough. Big and strong..
Hoffman with an easy 11-2 (or something like that, couple of stalling points against Goldin) win. Broke open a fairly conservative match with 5 quick points in the 2nd and then dominated from then on in. He looked like he's wrestling with a chip on his shoulder. Looked good. Way better than when he was wrestling at 210 to 220lbs. Much quicker

Silva takes out Carnell Andrews in OT. Tough break for Bison Legend they've lost 3 straight matches now 1-0, 1-0, OT.

For the life of me I don't get the fascination with Silva. Well, I guess I do as he remains uncommitted. I know it has been mentioned that he is high on PSU but I don't see it. He's a tank and did well against Spencer because of the matchup, but I posted on here last year that I saw him wrestle Real Woods last year at Journeyman and came away with the opinion that Woods is a better prospect. I just don't see Silva bullying around kids with his freak strength in college unless he's a career 125. The match against Carnell was more of the same. Carnell is bigger than him, he can't bully him around. Carnell is slicker and takes him down. But Carnell fades late as usual and takes a stupid shot to let Silva send it to OT and Carnell does the same thing again. Carnell has a lot of talent but needs a lot of work on how to wrestle.

If he wants to come here for no money and make 125 after Suriano moves on, so be it. But honestly, I'm still hoping that Busiello ends up a 125 and I'm way higher on his college prospects than Silva.
I want Kurt McHenry way more than Busiello....McHenry is SUPER....He will probably be the #1 recruit in the nation his Sr. year....

I want Kurt McHenry way more than Busiello....McHenry is SUPER....He will probably be the #1 recruit in the nation his Sr. year....
Spyker, sometimes you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. McHenry will be a fine recruit, but right now he is entering his JR year of HS about 30lbs shy of being able to compete at D1. It's a legitimate concern.

I love Busiello. Sure, he's got some things to work on from his feet, but he's got some things that come naturally to him that are a great indicator of future success:

He's a great scrambler.
He looks to turn from everywhere. Top, bottom, neutral - always looking to put a kid on his back. And he does it to top kids.
He's one of those kids that just always ends up in unfamiliar positions and always looks comfortable in them.

He's really, really good. If you just look at wins and losses on paper you can get a rough idea of where kids stack up but you really have to watch them wrestle against multiple good opponents to really see them. Which is something I don't think you do.

Busiello will take more losses in his career because he wrestles everywhere and at multiple weights and you will continue to view this as a negative. Meanwhile, McHenry - through no fault of his own - will struggle to find tests over the next year at least. Nothing against him but he is wrestling little kids and the pool is much shallower. And he's just not big enough to go up to 120/125 and compete against really good kids right now. That's giving up 25 or 30 pounds when you weigh 105 - it doesn't work. So, we are at least a year away from seeing just how good he can be. And he might be great.

Unless I missed him last dual he isn't. I saw Manley, Max and Verk in that general weight vicinity

Spyker, sometimes you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. McHenry will be a fine recruit, but right now he is entering his JR year of HS about 30lbs shy of being able to compete at D1. It's a legitimate concern.

I love Busiello. Sure, he's got some things to work on from his feet, but he's got some things that come naturally to him that are a great indicator of future success:

He's a great scrambler.
He looks to turn from everywhere. Top, bottom, neutral - always looking to put a kid on his back. And he does it to top kids.
He's one of those kids that just always ends up in unfamiliar positions and always looks comfortable in them.

He's really, really good. If you just look at wins and losses on paper you can get a rough idea of where kids stack up but you really have to watch them wrestle against multiple good opponents to really see them. Which is something I don't think you do.
dicemen i will always respect you and everyone else...Did you ever see Kurt wrestle ? Did you happen to see who he has beat ? Yes he will be a Jr. He beats ELITE guys a lot bigger then him....He will wrestle 120 as a SR. He will most likely be a career 125 pounder which is great....My wishes...I want McHenry really bad....Cael has been following him real close lately and i think he and Cody know more than you and me....lol

dicemen i will always respect you and everyone else...Did you ever see Kurt wrestle ? Did you happen to see who he has beat ? Yes he will be a Jr. He beats ELITE guys a lot bigger then him....He will wrestle 120 as a SR. He will most likely be a career 125 pounder which is great....My wishes...I want McHenry really bad....Cael has been following him real close lately and i think he and Cody know more than you and me....lol

You do look at my avatar don't you? I also post about Escape the Rock all the time, most that frequent this board know I'm the competition director there.

So, I've seen Kurt wrestle about 10 times in person over the past year and a half. In addition to the videos of seen him wrestle. He's super slick and about as fast as you can be. He has great potential.

But he's also about 105lbs right now and although there are some great wrestlers that compete there, it's a world away from competing at 125. This is not his fault, but let's let him get to a bigger weight before crowning him a national champ. The history of cadet world champs at 42kg is not quite as storied as the history of cadet world champs at higher weights.

Reactions: chalkstream1
Looks to me like individual results are nearly impossible to come by. Hopefully Flo can give us a recap tonight or tomorrow.

Is Teasdale wrestling ? What weight ? I know they give 4 pounds....

I thought they give 3 pounds and it's a Friday night weigh in only so some matchups can feature a large weight disparity down here.

Huge weight disparity in some of these matches. Tough on kids Memorial Day weekend. Tough on parents too lol

And just as I extol the virtues of Busiello, he puts himself on his back from neutral in the 3rd when ahead 5-2 and loses to Malachi Hynes 7-6. Kids will be kids, lol.

Reactions: jtothemfp

He's a great scrambler.

Busiello will take more losses in his career because he wrestles everywhere and at multiple weights and you will continue to view this as a negative. Meanwhile, McHenry - through no fault of his own - will struggle to find tests over the next year at least. Nothing against him but he is wrestling little kids and the pool is much shallower. And he's just not big enough to go up to 120/125 and compete against really good kids right now. That's giving up 25 or 30 pounds when you weigh 105 - it doesn't work. So, we are at least a year away from seeing just how good he can be. And he might be great.
Sometimes?

Of course there's a risk to a guy being that small ... just ask Devin Brown or Kevan Gentile. MCHENRY MUST HIT THE WEIGHTS HARD !!!!

And I have no idea what "following him closely" means. I don't think McHenry has wrestled since being DQ'd at the Maryland Preps tourney in February. And if it's a Twitter follow ... yawn.

Sometimes?

Of course there's a risk to a guy being that small ... just ask Devin Brown or Kevan Gentile. MCHENRY MUST HIT THE WEIGHTS HARD !!!!

And I have no idea what "following him closely" means. I don't think McHenry has wrestled since being DQ'd at the Maryland Preps tourney in February. And if it's a Twitter follow ... yawn.

McHenry competed at Journeymen this spring up at 120 (plus whatever) while weighing in at about 107. He took 7th I think, lost of few times up there and once to a kid I've never heard of. Not that you can take anything from that.

I don't think Cael was there...

There's no way kids on these teams train with each other on a consistent basis... What's the point of this folkstyle dual tournament in May?

And just as I extol the virtues of Busiello, he puts himself on his back from neutral in the 3rd when ahead 5-2 and loses to Malachi Hynes 7-6. Kids will be kids, lol.
Lmao....McHenry is a light weight SUPER QUICK BEAST....

McHenry competed at Journeymen this spring up at 120 (plus whatever) while weighing in at about 107. He took 7th I think, lost of few times up there and once to a kid I've never heard of. Not that you can take anything from that.

Check out and see who Cael was following recently....He and Cody want him trust me....Heck D. Cruz is just now weighing in at 125 in his 3rd year and i think McHenry is going to be better....

These YG kids definitely practice with each other. All the time. Practice year round four times a week. If not five. August off aside from elite camp or other clinics and camps they end up doing. They don't necessarily practice as a team but with some of the different locations being within driving distance they all end up in the same room fairly often.

Last edited:

He took down Brock Bergelin 5 times. Super impressive.

Kid I've been watching all day as he is scheduled to compete next year at ETR is Timmy Wallace. Out of Albert Gallatin, not a traditional D7 power. Really lanky, funky, almost sloppy at times but constantly looking to score. Rides high on top but in a good way like Nickal, and you don't want to go upper body with him at all. Really interesting prospect, lots of attacks, good hips, long arms. Unfortunately, he's 2018 so doubtful PSU can really push for him, but would love to see this kid in the Blue and White.

These YG kids definitely practice with each other. All the time. Practice year round four times a week. If not five
The PA kids practice with the IA kids? Doubtful. Team Kong just looks like a super-team created to win. And this is all fine, kids still get matches. I just don't understand the team aspect of it. I also don't understand folkstyle in late May, but to each their own.

He took down Brock Bergelin 5 times. Super impressive.
Isn't Brock Bergelin in 8th grade? I may be wrong about that...or are you being sarcastic.

Edit: No you are talking about the Wisconsin kid. There's a kid from NY in 8th grade with a similar name.

Isn't Brock Bergelin in 8th grade? I may be wrong about that...or are you being sarcastic.

Edit: No you are talking about the Wisconsin kid. There's a kid from NY in 8th grade with a similar name.

Yes, the Wisconsin kid. WI state champ at 120, Fargo AA, Multiple placer at Folkstyle Nationals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT