ADVERTISEMENT

New VP of Development and Alumni

PSUCRUX11

Jun 21, 2016
Penn State development and alumni staff were informed today that O. Richard Bundy III will replace Rod Kirsch as Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations. It will be official after a vote by the BOT on November 4.

Bundy is a PSU alum (Thank God!) and comes from the University of Vermont. His announcement for that position can be found here https://prod.drup-lb.uvm.edu/newsst...ce_president_development_and_alumni_relations.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
bundy%5B1%5D.jpg
???

Penn State development and alumni staff were informed today that O. Richard Bundy III will replace Rod Kirsch as Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations. It will be official after a vote by the BOT on November 4.

Bundy is a PSU alum (Thank God!) and comes from the University of Vermont. His announcement for that position can be found here https://prod.drup-lb.uvm.edu/newsst...ce_president_development_and_alumni_relations.
FWIW - most of the most awful, harmful folks to PSU........have been and continue to be , folks who are Alums

Reactions: EPC FAN
FWIW - most of the most awful, harmful folks to PSU........have been and continue to be , folks who are Alums
Agreed. However, Barron, Sandy, Franklin, Clifford, Steele who are all nonalums all act as the "face" of the University. It will be nice to at least have one face who is an alum.

Reactions: bjf1991
Agreed. However, Barron, Sandy, Franklin, Clifford, Steele who are all nonalums all act as the "face" of the University. It will be nice to at least have one face who is an alum.

How sad that the best "face" of PSU - as was also the case for most of the last 50 years - is a "non-alum" Football Coach (thank good ness we at least got that :) )

How sad that the best "face" of PSU - as was also the case for most of the last 50 years - is a "non-alum" Football Coach (thank good ness we at least got that :) )
The difference between that face and these faces is that that face was devoted to furthering the University and these faces are devoted to furthering themselves. They throw around "We Are" like they get it, but they never will. I am hoping (albeit naively) that an alum will at least know what it means when we say, "We Are."

At least being an alum is no longer a detriment to being hired by the University. There are some positions that logically require a qualified alum.

Reactions: PSUCRUX11
Penn State's announcement:

http://news.psu.edu/story/433620/20...undy-iii-named-vice-president-development-and

I wish Bundy well and expect him to be successful, but I don't think any position at Penn State is always best handled by a qualified alum. I simply want the best person available. To suggest that you can't "get" Penn State unless you're an alum is nonsense.

That's probably true of a lot of administrative positions. But if you're in charge of "alumni relations" you probably ought to be an alumni.

Reactions: PSUCRUX11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT