ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Game Crowd

lbujoe33

Jun 30, 2001
The end of season crowds are the worst. The ticket prices were cheap yesterday and there were a lot losers there yesterday. A group of guys 2 rows behind me tortured a season ticket holder behind me because he politely asked the guy if he could move his knees a little. I went to the men's room at half time and some guy called me a queer and said I must be from Ohio. This was because there were lines forming in 2 directions and he said we nit in the right line.

The end of season crowds are the worst. The ticket prices were cheap yesterday and there were a lot losers there yesterday. A group of guys 2 rows behind me tortured a season ticket holder behind me because he politely asked the guy if he could move his knees a little. I went to the men's room at half time and some guy called me a queer and said I must be from Ohio. This was because there were lines forming in 2 directions and he said we nit in the right line.

Wow that is bad.
I sit in section NEU. Its really gone through a "change" in the past 2-3 years. There is a much younger crowd (mostly look like recent graduates) and that is good because most are in to it but a lot still think they are standing in the Freshman section. Constant in and out, rarely watching the game and more interested in the phones and finding their friends. The other "disturbing" thing is that after 28 years as a season ticket holder and 5 years as a student I've seen 3 of that "younger crowd" this season throwing up on the people sitting in front of them and 2 of them having to be carried out on stretchers. I've also seen way more alcohol getting into the stadium than I have in the past.:confused:

Season tickets since 85 . And the older I get the more I freeze. Fans are a lot worse than they used to be. More rude and the language is horrible.

It’s simple. If you folks don’t like what’s going on, drop your tickets. Nobody is putting a gun to your head to buy them or to go to the games.

"Hey! Ziggy, get it together, man. 'Cause if you hurl, and I catch a whiff of it, man.. I'm gonna spew. And if I blow chunks, chances are someone else is gonna honk, alright? And that's gonna set off a parastolic reaction, alright?"
I always hated the kids in school who hurled just because someone nearby gagged but, I recently read an article that said this was a defense mechanism to prevent food poisoning dating back to caveman times. Now, I understand that those kids just hadn't "evolved" as much as the rest of us! ;)

Reactions: step.eng69

Not that you wanna hear this but that line you posted about the bathroom would have had me pissing my pants. Sure, if it happened to me I woulda been mad for about 5 seconds but I would have been laughing to myself all the way back to my seat.

Somehow I never have a problem. Had some really nice Nebraska fans in front of us yesterday who were really good people to chat with. They were enjoying Beaver Stadium and just waiting for a coaching change to get them back on track. Most of those around me have kept the same seats for several years and they are all good folks. It helps if you don’t drink.

Not that you wanna hear this but that line you posted about the bathroom would have had me pissing my pants. Sure, if it happened to me I woulda been mad for about 5 seconds but I would have been laughing to myself all the way back to my seat.
The first year they built the South Endzone Upper deck I went in at halftime and it was packed with a long line. Some guy who needed to have been there about 30 minutes earlier was dancing from one foot to other and complaining about how long it was taking finally said "look at all these guys they are just like the Penn State offensive line, standing up nice a straight with their dinks in there hand, not a care in the world." I was first in line, but I let him go ahead of me.

Reactions: PSU-Knocker
To Penn State Nate,
This is my 64th season and maybe my last age is a birch. Explain to me why my pleasure long term support etc should be terminated because of the lack of manners and common courtesy by a few "newbies"
A better solution would seem to be the opposite have the problem children removed and maybe banned for a few years.
Remember we are becaus we old timers were.

To Penn State Nate,
This is my 64th season and maybe my last age is a birch. Explain to me why my pleasure long term support etc should be terminated because of the lack of manners and common courtesy by a few "newbies"
A better solution would seem to be the opposite have the problem children removed and maybe banned for a few years.
Remember we are becaus we old timers were.
It's Nate, lower your expectations.

Reactions: step.eng69
It’s simple. If you folks don’t like what’s going on, drop your tickets. Nobody is putting a gun to your head to buy them or to go to the games.
Yeah, the solution isn’t for people to behave like adults in a public place. It’s for those that do and can’t stand the rudeness, the language, and the puking to “drop their tickets.” Asinine (and totally unnecessary) comment.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT