ADVERTISEMENT

Golf is a Great Game

dailybuck777

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2018
Went to Hawaii over Christmas and there was a lower end (but OK) golf course near where I was staying with my brother. Got paired several times with young Hawaiians who were just learning the game. (I grew up on golf courses) On the first hole, that I was paired with some young Hawaiians, one guy came over and just gave me, a total stranger and much older than him, a bottle of water. During the first several holes, I thought they were speaking pidgin Hawaiian English because I couldn't understand much at all of what they were saying to each other. Later on I figured that they were speaking pure Hawaiian to each other. During the round, they lit up marijuana cigarettes and asked me whether I smoked. (I don't)

Got paired with another group of young Hawaiians and one guy just came over and gave me a boxed lunch. The young, new golfers were very competitive and thoroughly committed to improving. With my background, I was able to help them some.

Overall just a thoroughly enjoyable experience among people with very different backgrounds brought together by golf.

Last edited:
Went to Hawaii over Christmas and there was a lower end (but OK) golf course near where I was staying with my brother. Got paired several times with young Hawaiians who were just learning the game. (I grew up on golf courses) On the first hole, that I was paired with some young Hawaiians, one guy came over and just gave me, a total stranger and much older than him, a bottle of water. During the first several holes, I thought they were speaking pidgin Hawaiian English because I couldn't understand much at all of what they were saying to each other. Later on I figured that they were speaking pure Hawaiian to each other. During the round, they lit up marijuana cigarettes and asked me whether I smoked. (I don't)

Got paired with another group of young Hawaiians and one guy just came over and gave me a boxed lunch. The young, new golfers were very competitive and thoroughly committed to improving. With my background, I was able to help them some.

Overall just a thoroughly enjoyable experience among people with very different backgrounds brought together by golf.
Lung cancer is cool too…and all because of the Scots…

Cool story. But it’s not just golf. Lots of activities result in people coming together. People actually do get along when given the chance. It’s just the politicians, the media, social forums, and people that benefit from the strife that fuel the flames.

Reactions: psu skp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT