ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska flips 5* QB

I'd say a lot of wheels spun here to get to this.

1. UGA didn't make the playoff. Beck returning.
2. Uncle OL coach given a substantial raise for a losing season
3. Dylan probably offered starting spot
4. McCord probably wasn't interested unless his spot was definite
5. Probably not enough money for both QBs

If I understand correctly, his dad is also a NU alum and the family moved from Nebraska to Georgia for better HS football opportunities for the kid. Things may have come together just enough to convince him to go home.

Last edited:
Reactions: lazydave841
What does Georgia do now? They do have one QB in the class. Will they look for a second? Isn't that how we lost wimbush? One QB flipped and that created a hole. Someone else flipped and then wimbush flipped.

What does Georgia do now? They do have one QB in the class. Will they look for a second? Isn't that how we lost wimbush? One QB flipped and that created a hole. Someone else flipped and then wimbush flipped
They have a 4* kid that is already enrolled for January. Doesn't mean they won't go after someone else but they have someone.

What does Georgia do now? They do have one QB in the class. Will they look for a second? Isn't that how we lost wimbush? One QB flipped and that created a hole. Someone else flipped and then wimbush flipped.

Blake Barnett decommitted from ND which opened the spot for Wimbush. Given what Trace did in 2016 and what Wimbush ended up accomplishing, we probably came out ahead in that scenario.

3/5 probablys. Nice post.

Blake Barnett decommitted from ND which opened the spot for Wimbush. Given what Trace did in 2016 and what Wimbush ended up accomplishing, we probably came out ahead in that scenario.
No. It was not wimbush(2015) or trace(2014). They would have both been on the team.

It was wimbush(2015) or Stevens(2015). Stevens had 4 career tds at psu. Wimbush had 20tds in the same time.

2019 could have been wimbush v Clifford instead of Stevens vs Clifford. Who knows how that plays out.

No. It was not wimbush(2015) or trace(2014). They would have both been on the team.

It was wimbush(2015) or Stevens(2015). Stevens had 4 career tds at psu. Wimbush had 20tds in the same time.

2019 could have been wimbush v Clifford instead of Stevens vs Clifford. Who knows how that plays out.

I didn’t mean it from a recruiting standpoint. I know Stevens and Wimbush were the same class.

Trace didn’t start until 2016. There’s no chance Wimbush would have stuck around to backup Trace for 3 seasons so you either have Wimbush as a 4 year starter or he would have been gone anyway. I think there would have been pressure to play Wimbush over Trace in 2016 given the recruiting profiles of both and how the season started.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
If I understand correctly, his dad is also a NU alum and the family moved from Nebraska to Georgia for better HS football opportunities for the kid. Things may have come together just enough to convince him to go home.

Did he fart?

They have 4-star QB Puglisi who is very good and the nation's #9 QB on the Composite. FWIW, he wasn't offered by PSU. I've read on a couple of Georgia sites that they might look at a Portal QB

My guess is #5.

Reactions: lazydave841
Wimbush decommitted because his HS coach was a total scum bag who wanted all his players to go to Notre Dame

Dumb post. A coach at a catholic high school wants his kids to go to Notre Dame. Are you surprised by that?

I guess the 5* who decommitted from Notre Dame and flipped to Alabama had a different high school coach. One flip created an opening for a second, third flip and so on.

Was Stevens high school coach a scumbag too?

Reactions: joeaubie21
He'll probably start day one at NU but probably lack a supporting cast so if he does well, will he leave for a better program next December? Talk radio said today that he's already been at multiple high schools so jumping around is kind of his thing.

We'll soon be to the point where you recruit backup QB's and get the starter through the portal.

I didn’t mean it from a recruiting standpoint. I know Stevens and Wimbush were the same class.

Trace didn’t start until 2016. There’s no chance Wimbush would have stuck around to backup Trace for 3 seasons so you either have Wimbush as a 4 year starter or he would have been gone anyway. I think there would have been pressure to play Wimbush over Trace in 2016 given the recruiting profiles of both and how the season started.

"There is no chance wimbush would have stuck around to backup trace."

Maybe but you don't know what wimbush would have done.

We do know wimbush stuck around at Notre Dame for four years. He started one year out of four. Wimbush was actually 2015 class and hackenberg was still starting. I think wimbush was actually hurt in 2016. 0 stats, 0 passes at Notre Dame. He started in 2017 and benched by 2018. Transferred for 2019.

He'll probably start day one at NU but probably lack a supporting cast so if he does well, will he leave for a better program next December? Talk radio said today that he's already been at multiple high schools so jumping around is kind of his thing.

We'll soon be to the point where you recruit backup QB's and get the starter through the portal.

The NIL contracts are going to need to start including multi-year commitments. It’s not sustainable to have the entire sport in a perpetual state of free agency.

"There is no chance wimbush would have stuck around to backup trace."

Maybe but you don't know what wimbush would have done.

We do know wimbush stuck around at Notre Dame for four years. He started one year out of four. Wimbush was actually 2015 class and hackenberg was still starting. I think wimbush was actually hurt in 2016. 0 stats, 0 passes at Notre Dame. He started in 2017 and benched by 2018. Transferred for 2019.

He transferred out when it became clear Book was the guy. Not sure what would be different here unless he beats out Trace, which given how poorly he played we should all likely be thankful we never had to find out. Which was my point. Good day.

Dumb post. A coach at a catholic high school wants his kids to go to Notre Dame. Are you surprised by that?

I guess the 5* who decommitted from Notre Dame and flipped to Alabama had a different high school coach. One flip created an opening for a second, third flip and so on.

I have no idea about Blake Barnett or Tommy Steven’s HS coaches. However if they basically forced a HS kid to change his commitment to serve their own personal self interests, then yes they are scum bags too.

What Hansen was doing at St Peter’s was akin To what Zmijanac was doing at Aliquippa. And it’s wrong IMO

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
The NIL contracts are going to need to start including multi-year commitments. It’s not sustainable to have the entire sport in a perpetual state of free agency.
Would those contracts have any more relevance than the coaches that leave?
Maybe they'd pay back a portion of it but...

Mccord almost certainly not in Raiola's class. People here may not be aware that he originally committed to OSU. Probably not a good career move to go to Nebraska. Would be coached up much better at OSU or Georgia.

On the flip side I think that Wimbush's mom was a PSU grad. At the time it was a big loss as we were struggling to get high profile commits- esp at qb.

Guys like Trace and Saquon became stars but didn't have the STARS out of high school. Wimbush did. Turns out he wasn't all that...but at the time all of the Chicken Littles were all over it.

Mccord almost certainly not in Raiola's class. People here may not be aware that he originally committed to OSU. Probably not a good career move to go to Nebraska. Would be coached up much better at OSU or Georgia.
Raiola had a very high level of interest in Nebraska when he was living in Arizona, but Frost got so drunk at a country club on a home visit, that he couldn’t visit the family. Maybe he’s not good enough for OSU or UGA?

On the flip side I think that Wimbush's mom was a PSU grad. At the time it was a big loss as we were struggling to get high profile commits- esp at qb.

Guys like Trace and Saquon became stars but didn't have the STARS out of high school. Wimbush did. Turns out he wasn't all that...but at the time all of the Chicken Littles were all over it.
Barkley has a 4* coming out of HS
I don't agree that Trace was "a star" but he was productive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT