ADVERTISEMENT

NCAAs coming back to Philly!!!!

Maybe we can hear Pyle and crew complain about Philly not realizing that the stadium complex does not look EXACTLY like it did - that maybe a massive entertainment-dining complex was built right next to the arenas.

But that would take 5 minutes of research
Flo put Philly behind Des Moines in the NCAA Tournament Host City preseason rankings.

Maybe we can hear Pyle and crew complain about Philly not realizing that the stadium complex does not look EXACTLY like it did - that maybe a massive entertainment-dining complex was built right next to the arenas.

But that would take 5 minutes of research

Or, god forbid, you could use your free time to explore an actual city of great historic and cultural significance.

Interesting choices, particularly Kansas City and Tulsa. Kansas City hosted in 2003, Tulsa never hosted. Both Philly (Wells Fargo Center), and Cleveland (Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse) are a smidgeon larger, at 21,000+, than KC or Tulsa, both between 19,000 and 20,000.

While Hockeygod is correct, Philly will be a tougher ticket, as will Cleveland, I'm sure. Penn State fans travel so well, that KC and Tulsa may be challenging too, I believe.

Reactions: HOCKEYGOD11
2025 at Wells Fargo!
14 years in between, wow. It seems like yesterday.

quentin-wright-of-penn-state-university-throws-grant-gambrall-of-the-picture-id110469585

14 years in between, wow. It seems like yesterday.

quentin-wright-of-penn-state-university-throws-grant-gambrall-of-the-picture-id110469585
Awesome photo and awesome match by Quentin! That later pin with the classic photo of Cael and Casey in the background was the cherry on top. That match in particular seemed to embody what Cael had brought to the program. I think few of us realized this was the moment that would start the incredible run of success Cael and the coaches would bring us fans. That season was the start of my re-introduction to college wrestling and my becoming a Penn State fan. I had been away from the sport for many years, and the only wrestling I typically saw was the televised NCAA championship. During the 2010-2011 season I learned about this young company called Flowrestling and some of the other wrestling sites. That was also my introduction to the young phenom, David Taylor. I loved his slick and attacking style. And that drew me to following Penn State and their offensive-minded approach to the sport. Joining this Forum last year after following it religiously for many years was just another step in my enjoyable process of coming back to the sport of wrestling that had always meant so much to me. And a big thank you to all the members of this Forum for making it an enjoyable place for me to hang out during retirement.

Last edited:
Have said this before: the NCAA Tournament NEEDS to be in Las Vegas soon. It would be a big, splashy event like NYC was, that draws more attention to the sport.
Vegas put in for multiple Ncaa championships Wrestling,Frozen Four and basketball regionals.They got the Frozen Four 2026

It is amazing that someone who wrote that and actually believes it has a job. Foley is a complete hack that tries to bring his politics into every conversation. He has a bitch slappable face :D
Foley lived in Chicago for years, and that whole time did not once make the 4-hr drive to Iowa City despite its historical significance to the sport and the number of events there. Which says a lot about his professional priorities.

He is what happens when influential people care more about impressing their friends and cocktail party acquaintances, than about serving their customers and constituents.

Foley lived in Chicago for years, and that whole time did not once make the 4-hr drive to Iowa City despite its historical significance to the sport and the number of events there. Which says a lot about his professional priorities.

He is what happens when influential people care more about impressing their friends and cocktail party acquaintances, than about serving their customers and constituents.
You'd better start a "Foley is a communist gratuitous dumpster fire thread."

He doesn’t like our own folk style and wants us to adopt freestyle. He will, however, fly 7-8 time zones to gush over traditional wrestling folk styles in other countries.

I guess the per diem and the yurt accommodations are pretty sweet

He doesn’t like our own folk style and wants us to adopt freestyle. He will, however, fly 7-8 time zones to gush over traditional wrestling folk styles in other countries.

I guess the per diem and the yurt accommodations are pretty sweet
In fairness, I'd do that too if I could get my boss to pay for the trip.

At least for sumo. Despite the lack of yurts in Tokyo.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT