ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA seeding

jack66

May 29, 2001
Nine #1 seeds made the finals. Five #1 seeds were champions.

Seven #2 seeds made the finals. Three #2 seeds won the championship.

There were six #1 vs #2 matches in the finals.

Two #3 seeds won championships.

#7 seed Sloan was the highest seed to make the finals.

At 157, #6, Cardinas was the only top-8 seed who failed to AA. #9 Lewan took his place.

At 174, #8, Ruth was the only top-8 wrestler to fail to AA. He was replaced by #11 Brands.

#27 and #28 seeds fought it out for 7th pace at 125 ... they were the 2 highest seeds to reach AA.

Does this mean 157 and 174 were the best seeded weights?

We already know 184 was stupid from the start.

And little tweak of your message. #27 and #28 are the “lowest” seeds. ;)

Reactions: jack66
Nine #1 seeds made the finals. Five #1 seeds were champions.

Seven #2 seeds made the finals. Three #2 seeds won the championship.

There were six #1 vs #2 matches in the finals.

Two #3 seeds won championships.

#7 seed Sloan was the highest seed to make the finals.

At 157, #6, Cardinas was the only top-8 seed who failed to AA. #9 Lewan took his place.

At 174, #8, Ruth was the only top-8 wrestler to fail to AA. He was replaced by #11 Brands.

#27 and #28 seeds fought it out for 7th pace at 125 ... they were the 2 highest seeds to reach AA.
Not too shabby a job with seeding the top guys, especially given how few matches guys wrestle these days relative to years/eras past (fewer data points to consider).

#28 Cardinale stood out as an outlier, but I presume he was being “punished” for essentially skipping his conference tourney.

And Brands had himself a surprisingly good tournament. Following Matcast on my laptop while also watching main coverage on TV, it seemed like every time I peeked in on his match he was scoring points — even had a dude on his back at one check-in. It was mutinous. Good on him. 👍🏻

Not too shabby a job with seeding the top guys, especially given how few matches guys wrestle these days relative to years/eras past (fewer data points to consider).

#28 Cardinale stood out as an outlier, but I presume he was being “punished” for essentially skipping his conference tourney.

And Brands had himself a surprisingly good tournament. Following Matcast on my laptop while also watching main coverage on TV, it seemed like every time I peeked in on his match he was scoring points — even had a dude on his back at one check-in. It was mutinous. Good on him. 👍🏻
It was mutinous. Lol. Good line.

Reactions: slushhead

Brands was the second biggest surprise of Iowa's tournament.

Who was first? I thought Warner might quit, but he represented himself very well. I am still wondering if Paul has soothed Mrs. Warner?
You didn't use the sarcasm font, or an emoji, so I'll bite. Spencer was the biggest surprise of Iowa's tourney.

Reactions: nitlion6
Who was first? I thought Warner might quit, but he represented himself very well. I am still wondering if Paul has soothed Mrs. Warner?
I have not, but I am open to further dialogue with her if she is going to act sane and not crazy! She was a definite DYKWIA!

Reactions: nitlion6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT