ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA MBB Tournament Sweet Sixteen Day 1

The way Loyola handled my Illini, I have to pick them today. They play with poise under pressure and poise in their pants.

The way Loyola handled my Illini, I have to pick them today. They play with poise under pressure and poise in their pants.

Your Illini? I thought you were a PSU fan.

Whats it with you PSU football fans supporting other schools in other sports?

This Oregon State/Loyola game is the perfect example of why good, tough defense is so important in March. Neither team seems to be able to buy a basket...D is keeping both teams in it. If you can guard and force teams into contested shots, your room for error slightly increases.
(That being said, at some point, your offense needs to hit something.)
Enjoy the games today.

Reactions: psu00 and LionJim
Wow. 24-16 OSU at the half. Will be interesting to see what adjustments Moser makes for the second half. They are uncharacteristically stagnant.

Reactions: LionJim and psu00

Many here have dual degrees from different institutions. They root for both schools. Others have interest in programs where they live or grew up (especially since PSU bball has been so bad for so long) but that doesn’t mean they don’t root for Penn St too. It’s just that at this time of the year Illinois is in the mix and PSU isn’t.

Now you’ve done it. You’ve challenged Sister Jean. Watch out for any lightening. 🌩. ;).

sister Jean and lightening. Gross

light·en·ing
/ˈlītniNG/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. a drop in the level of the uterus during the last weeks of pregnancy as the head of the fetus engages in the pelvis.

How does Loyola beat Illinois then play like that? They could not throw it in the ocean then when they started to finally make some they could not get stops.

Unfortunately I see Syracuse and the fighting Jim and Buddy Boeheims having a good shot at the Final 4 from this bracket.

Reactions: LionJim
ORU has been in the news a bit. I think I may dip my toe in the tournament and watch them tonight.

Reactions: LionJim
The kids play hard, 100% every possession. It’s something to respect.

It’s been a difficult time for most of us. Speaking for myself, I am enjoying this tournament immensely.

Bro some people sport graduate degrees. Bob has a doctorate in chemistry. How else could he be that latte d up ?

What is the logic in starting games at these times? I understand they don’t want games being played at the same time, but starting at 9:55 on a Saturday and Sunday! And, 9:45 on Monday and Tuesday?
Unless I’m misread the schedule. 🤷🏻‍♂️

OL

Reactions: bison13
What is the logic in starting games at these times? I understand they don’t want games being played at the same time, but starting at 9:55 on a Saturday and Sunday! And, 9:45 on Monday and Tuesday?
Unless I’m misread the schedule. 🤷🏻‍♂️

OL
I’d assume they are maximizing TV audiences throughout the country.

The tenth of a second clock starts at one mimute. Is that crazy? Would there be any coaching strategy that would be different if there were 10.9 seconds remaining as opposed to 10.1 seconds? Tenth of seconds should start at the 10.0 mark.

No one outside of the mainline cares about Nova basketball, and no one outside of eastern PA cares about Philadelphia unfortunately.

ORU getting killed in the offensive boards and cold from deep; just tied the game, and 1.

1:48 left.

Best game of the tourney so far right there. Thought Abmas' shot was going in at the end when he shot it

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT