ADVERTISEMENT

Nassar

Was just going to post that McKala Maroney is giving excruciating testimony against Nassar and against the FBI. She is hammering the FBI for negligence, distorting her testimony, and ignoring Nassar. Lying, coverups. Very angry.

Simone Biles testified earlier and broke down in tears. Gut wrenching.

Pay no attention to that non-story. Years of verified molestation of hundreds of victims and documented reports from dozens of victims to highly placed administrators is nothing compared to a case involving one vague, squishy report passed along by an assistant FB coach during a 3 minute conversation with a 70 something head FB coach.

Was just going to post that McKala Maroney is giving excruciating testimony against Nassar and against the FBI. She is hammering the FBI for negligence, distorting her testimony, and ignoring Nassar. Lying, coverups. Very angry.

Pay no attention to that non-story. Years of verified molestation of hundreds of victims and documented reports from dozens of victims to highly placed administrators is nothing compared to a case involving one vague, squishy report passed along by an assistant FB coach during a 3 minute conversation with a 70 something head FB coach.
the unequal application of the law is so sad. Spanier, Curley and Schultz will all pass away with their careers and legacy ruined just as JVP. And they did far less to deserve that fate than all of these scum bags.

Wow - Very compelling testimony from the women. A horrible culture allowed by so many in women’s gymnastics.

I haven’t followed this closely and don’t know the whole story but it is terrible. The first compliant was way back in 1997. Another a year later, Nassar molested a six year old and continued to do so for five years. The girl’s father eventually committed suicide. The FBI interviewed several gymnasts and did nothing for 18 months. Horrific.

I haven’t followed this closely and don’t know the whole story but it is terrible. The first compliant was way back in 1997. Another a year later, Nassar molested a six year old and continued to do so for five years. The girl’s father eventually committed suicide. The FBI interviewed several gymnasts and did nothing for 18 months. Horrific.
I might be wrong here, but, going by what I’ve read today, the FBI interviewed one gymnast, McKayla Maroney.

the unequal application of the law is so sad. Spanier, Curley and Schultz will all pass away with their careers and legacy ruined just as JVP. And they did far less to deserve that fate than all of these scum bags.
And it seems to me that Sparty hasn’t shown anywhere near the accountability appropriate for their actions (non-actions).

So the FBI didn’t wanna investigate ?
Gee, let me think if this happened with TSM.
The DOJ didn’t even bother to send a rep.

Whatever these bureaucracies have been doing, it often isn’t what they’re supposed to be doing.

Whatever these bureaucracies have been doing, it often isn’t what they’re supposed to be doing.
Just remember, 9 FBI investigators went to a nascar event to look at a faux noose in Bubba Wallace's garage.

Are you serious?

In his court battle with the U.S. Attorney's office, Bagwell said, the feds indicated that there were some 300,000 pages of documents related to The Second Mile investigation. The feds only released 1,000 pages and "withheld tends of thousands more for reasons not apparent at this time," Bagwell said.

Bagwell, himself a former journalist, said the press coverage of the scandal has been "abysmal, reactionary and sensationalistic," as well as "factually incorrect." Bagwell said he hopes the newly released documents will have a calming effect on Penn State Nation.

"Penn Staters are still screaming for an investigation for years of The Second Mile," Bagwell said. "Well, it turns out there was an investigation."
Fed investigation

I haven't followed the hearings today, but I fully expect the media in some way will manage to work Penn State into their discussions.
Yep, and that will happen long before the pious luann Simon will be called to account for her cover up of what was happening at MSU while she was criticizing Penn State.

Reactions: nits74 and 91Joe95
Just remember, 9 FBI investigators went to a nascar event to look at a faux noose in Bubba Wallace's garage.
Even though the timeline for these FBI investigations on Nassar are 2015, cancel culture can still call out Louis Freeh. Isn't it obvious that Louie promoted a sexist culture as the head of the FBI and treated women as sex objects. It is because of his failure in leadership that Nassar had a free reign these past 3 decades. Time to pay the piper Louie and do your time in the clink for all those innocent girls you helped victimize!

Last edited:
Reactions: ram2020
Are you serious?

In his court battle with the U.S. Attorney's office, Bagwell said, the feds indicated that there were some 300,000 pages of documents related to The Second Mile investigation. The feds only released 1,000 pages and "withheld tends of thousands more for reasons not apparent at this time," Bagwell said.

Bagwell, himself a former journalist, said the press coverage of the scandal has been "abysmal, reactionary and sensationalistic," as well as "factually incorrect." Bagwell said he hopes the newly released documents will have a calming effect on Penn State Nation.

"Penn Staters are still screaming for an investigation for years of The Second Mile," Bagwell said. "Well, it turns out there was an investigation."
Fed investigation
So no one interviewed admitted to any wrong doing so.......end of investigation. Weird how that works......

Reactions: 91Joe95 and 83wuzme
Are you serious?

Fed 9
Are you serious?

Fed investigatiAre you serious?

In his court battle with the U.S. Attorney's office, Bagwell said, the feds indicated that there were some 300,000 pages of documents related to The Second Mile investigation. The feds only released 1,000 pages and "withheld tends of thousands more for reasons not apparent , reactionary and sensationalistic," as well as "factually incorrect." Bagwell said he hopes the newly releaseI read the link. I saw nothing about a forensic audit of TSM’s books. Maybe it happened, but I didn’t see it. I do recall the astonishing rapidity at the time that TSM’s assets were rolled into Arrow Ministries and then disappeared. In a case like this, the first thing to do is scrutinize finances.
I recall the assets of TSM being rolled into Arrow Ministries with astonishing speed after this broke. Now why would that have been done ?
I was told by a large TSM donor, years before the scandal broke, that some of the organization’s VP’s were collecting six figure salaries. This person is someone I consider trustworthy and who have no reason to lie about something like this. He seemed embarrassed to admit this at the time. I also find it implausible, given that the TSM was the victim pool and this went on for decades, that nobody knew about anything.
And given the behavior of the FBI in recent years, and again as we are now seeing before Congress, I have no reason to accept anything they claim as credible. Maybe the full investigation can be released. My guess is that it will generate more heat than light.

Last edited:
And it seems to me that Sparty hasn’t shown anywhere near the accountability appropriate for their actions (non-actions).
The tv news report I saw mentioned their $500M settlement with victims included no acknowledgement of wrongdoing on their part...same for the gymnastics or Olympic association (forgot which one), with the same lack of acknowledgment...seems the only thing learned from these situations since Sandusky is to get better lawyers.

They should have called the police.

You have to wonder if she found out about being asked to testify around the time of the Tokyo games ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT