ADVERTISEMENT

Nagao over Fix

PSUwrestling

May 19, 2023
You heard it here first. I think our boy will have his hands full with Vito but... Fix no. We got this. As none of you remember I called Nick Lee to beat Yanni and I am call this now. Three reasons:
1) PSU game planning
2) Aaron is underrated on his feet when he wants to he gets to the legs and finishes clean
3) I don't even need to talk about his top game his mental game is demonstrably better

We might not get to see this proven. If they're both undefeated conference champs, one of them is getting the 1 seed (thanks to Arujau's loss to Crookham). The other would get Arujau in the semis (provided that Arujau overcomes Crookham).

Fix would likely be ranked 1st by the coaches (15% of seeding), but Quality Wins (20%) and RPI (10%) are far less clear.

We might not get to see this proven. If they're both undefeated conference champs, one of them is getting the 1 seed (thanks to Arujau's loss to Crookham). The other would get Arujau in the semis (provided that Arujau overcomes Crookham).

Fix would likely be ranked 1st by the coaches (15% of seeding), but Quality Wins (20%) and RPI (10%) are far less clear.
That’s assuming everything goes exactly according to plan. Don’t forget what happened to Admiral Nagumo at Midway. 🤔

That’s assuming everything goes exactly according to plan. Don’t forget what happened to Admiral Nagumo at Midway. 🤔
Yeah, there are a lot of ifs. But IMO 133 is top-heavy with the top 3 + possibly Crookham.

Probably the only other speed bump for either is Fix vs. 4 Orine (NC State) in January. Orine is capable of a close match, but beating Fix would definitely be an upset.

Crookham is the wild card. However unlikely, he would deserve the 1 seed if he beats Arujau in the dual + EIWAs, plus Nagao and Fix.

Reactions: AgSurfer
I think Aaron will face a real challenge with Crookham, who should not be underestimated.

After watching their match a couple of times, Vito was just plain sloppy and I am very confident the outcome will be different the next time they meet. Any freshman hanging with, let alone beating a national champion world gold medalist in the month of November is super impressive.

Crookham is the real deal, very strong and powerful. There is a good chance Aaron won't be able to ride him after a TD, I doubt he selects bottom. I think this may be the key to victory.

Last edited:
Idk I'm thinking that come March we will be seeing Vito in top form again. I also don't see Nagao beating Fix. A good match is what I predict but not a win. Crookham is a wild card, a tough match that will show how far nagao has grown.

You didn’t hear it here first. I said the same thing a week or two ago. I expect Fix’s age 40 season to be about as successful as Micic’s.

Reactions: royboy
Does this technically count as a loss? I though this match was during an all-star exhibition? Or was that not an exhibition?
Lehigh did also win 133 at the All Star Classic exhibition, but it was McGonnagal over Latona of Va Tech. Mt Hawks have 2 hammers there.

Reactions: chuckmowl
I smell a duck controversy coming.
I was thinking the same thing. McGonagle will keep things to a decision w/ Nagao, chance at winning. If Santoro goes this route, it will be impossible to not think it's for seeding purposes. That said, can Crookham duck Nagao, Fix, and Vito again without paying for it? Will he be better situated then to win when it counts? Both seem doubtful. Will be interesting to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: GogglesPaizano
You heard it here first. I think our boy will have his hands full with Vito but... Fix no. We got this. As none of you remember I called Nick Lee to beat Yanni and I am call this now. Three reasons:
1) PSU game planning
2) Aaron is underrated on his feet when he wants to he gets to the legs and finishes clean
3) I don't even need to talk about his top game his mental game is demonstrably better
I remember. Greatest pick I’ve ever seen. I just bet my house on Nagao over Fix.

Reactions: RandyL
I was thinking the same thing. McGonnagal will keep things to a decision w/ Nagao, chance at winning. If Santoro goes this route, it will be impossible to not think it's for seeding purposes. That said, can Crookham duck Nagao, Fix, and Vito again without paying for it? Will he be better situated then to win when it counts? Both seem doubtful. Will be interesting to see.
If he ducks Nagao then beats Fix, we'll know that they know what's up with trying to wrestle as a 17th year senior.

Reactions: danoftw
Does anyone know what Connor Stalions was up to in 1942?
british-world-war-2-public-information-propaganda-poster-RMBW7A.jpg

This is highly probable. Its weird how the bracket can be a decider year after year. if its chalk will the semis be Fix Crookham 1-4 and Vito Nagao 2-3? Is a Fix vs Nagao 1-4 or 2-3 even possible ? What an awesome season this will be!

This is highly probable. Its weird how the bracket can be a decider year after year. if its chalk will the semis be Fix Crookham 1-4 and Vito Nagao 2-3? Is a Fix vs Nagao 1-4 or 2-3 even possible ? What an awesome season this will be!
"Highly Probable" and yet it's still November. Impressive.

That said, can Crookham duck Nagao, Fix, and Vito again without paying for it? Will he be better situated then to win when it counts? Both seem doubtful. Will be interesting to see.
Hard to say. He otherwise has a weak schedule -- Penn's Colaiocco is the only other podium contender.

If he beats Penn in the dual, and then Penn and Arujau at EIWAs, he's likely no worse than 3 seed. (Unless somehow Orine beats Fix?)

BTW, he's still eligible to shirt and Lehigh has a lineup issue if he doesn't. (2 guys would have to move up unexpectedly.) Santoro could be judicious about using him for a while.

Hard to say. He otherwise has a weak schedule -- Penn's Colaiocco is the only other podium contender.

If he beats Penn in the dual, and then Penn and Arujau at EIWAs, he's likely no worse than 3 seed. (Unless somehow Orine beats Fix?)

BTW, he's still eligible to shirt and Lehigh has a lineup issue if he doesn't. (2 guys would have to move up unexpectedly.) Santoro could be judicious about using him for a while.
I think the plan was to have him shirt and McGonagle to go at 133, but beating Vito may have put a kink in the plan, LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT