ADVERTISEMENT

My favorite Penn State FB player is Lavar Arrington. Who's yours?

In order, Warner, Cappaletti, Kenny Jackson, Blackledge, Conlon, Suhey, Bruce Clark, Jimmy Cefalo, Matt Bahr.

Honorable mention: Sam Ficken, Matt Zaneletto, Kevin Baugh

Reactions: Doc-M
Chico Hendrix!

qcV58jd.jpg

In order, Warner, Cappaletti, Kenny Jackson, Blackledge, Conlon, Suhey, Bruce Clark, Jimmy Cefalo, Matt Bahr.

Honorable mention: Sam Ficken, Matt Zaneletto, Kevin Baugh

O M G !

You can’t even spell THREE of your favorite players names correctly.

You should be banned from the Board!

Sean Farrell - roomed across from me in North Halls with Irv Pankey. His nickname was "Tiny" due to his huge biceps. Down the hall was a guy you might have heard of: Mike Munchak (who roomed with Chet Parleveccio) and on the floor upstairs was Greg Garrity.

Jim Kate’s, linebacker on the 1967 to 1969 teams. Knew him from North Halls. He roomed with Charlie Pittman.

Reactions: nits74
Jim Kate’s, linebacker on the 1967 to 1969 teams. Knew him from North Halls. He roomed with Charlie Pittman.
I remember his blocked punt return in a turning point game for the program in 1968 @ UCLA.

Last edited:
I remember his blocked punt return in a turning point game for the program in 1968 @ UCLA.

Good one, Nit74 ... I think Jack Ham blocked the punt (something he was very proficient in doing) and Kates returned it for a TD. And then little-know FB Tom Cherry iced the game with a long run.

I thought Pittman iced that one for us. A long time ago and we drank quite a bit of beer watching that game.

I thought Pittman iced that one for us. A long time ago and we drank quite a bit of beer watching that game.

kijanacat, I’m guessing that you’re comment is a response to my post about Tom Cherry. If not, I apologize for sticking my “2 cents” into your post.

if I recall correctly, Cherry took a short pass and outran the UCLA defense for something like 70yards to put PSU ahead 14-6. With our defense, that was the game. Pittman, I think, scored later to make it 21-6.

that was a big deal at the time (early in the season) because the Bruins, under Tommy Prothro, were very good (remember Gary Beban and their upset of the Spartans in the Rose Bowl a few years earlier?) ... but UCLA turned out to be rather bad in 1968.

I watched that game at 1007 South Pugh Street (if I recall correctly). you may be right about Cherry and I remember Pittman making a nice run and I thought that was the one that iced it. Obviously both were important. The Penn State game with UCLA in 1967 was the first one I attended.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT