ADVERTISEMENT

My favorite Penn State FB player is Lavar Arrington. Who's yours?

Not sure but my favorite color is brown, and I failed a personality test because of that. They said I was drab and boring. I was bummed.

Gary Klingensmith

scan0002-1.jpg
Gary is a great person but could not handle beer very well. Ralph Baker would sometime keep him under control on the rare occasion after a few. His story is an amazing one and he became a fine example of the grand experiment. He cane from a great family and had great support at Penn State. It seems like a century ago.

Reactions: IrishHerb
The list would be too long for me. Since I have a signed Sean Lee jersey, I guess I would have to go with him to pick one.

Reactions: Nitwit
I've been following PSU football for so long, I can't/won't pick a "single" favorite player. I do have guys who I really, really loved the way they played, at that time. Thus, I'll do this by decade. (Bold players are #1)
1960's = Reid/Onkotz/Campbell/Ham
1970's = CAPPY/Fusina(probably my favorite 70's player!)/Millen AND Clark!
1980's = Warner/S. Conlin
1990's = Collins/Carter/Enis/Lavar!
2000's = Zack Mills!(Loved his style!)/MRob(this guy was the LEADER bringing us back from the earlier DARK DAYS!)
2010's = ARob/Trace/Saquan!

Shane Conlan

He was the first athlete I remember following and specifically watching during a game.

Blair Thomas is a close 2nd

Reactions: Doc-M
Franco Harris

He was great at PSU.
He was great in the NFL.
And he has been PSU's #1 ambassador throughout the Sandusky mess.

Honorable mention: Curt Warner, Todd Blackledge, Saquon Barkley, Jack Ham, Paul Posluszny, Lenny Moore, Trace McSorley

Reactions: FHSPSU67
Kerry Collins. His performance in the game-winning drive against Illinois in 1994 was unforgettable.

Definitely Lavar Arrington for me.

Very rarely in CFB does a defensive player completely wreck opposing teams and change games the way he did.

ADVERTISEMENT